Paladins = Immortal

Aada

Part of the furniture
Holy hell these guys are pretty much invincible been reading the forums for a few days and thought id try it out for myself, jesus i can tank like 4-5 mobs at a time.. that is just insane!

Damage output is freaking awsome too

I can heal like a priest

I have awsome buffs

These guys define the word overpowered.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
I don't want to close this one, so lets not get all insulty or whiney just yet :p

Have to say though, I played a paladin for a bit and bloody hated them - Just, ick, something about them, I don't know. The whole holier than thou thing must be it rather than the class itself *shudders* although I didn't see the damage output to be that fantastic (only played to level 8).

Reckon I'll play them at greater length sometime but not in the near future. Suppose it's moot since I just love the Horde :( (Not played a shaman before you ask ;))

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
freaking awesome dmg output?

lol :X

i beat a pala other day on my priest, mana burned him 3/4 times, one of easiest duels ever :(

also their heals are not compareable to a priests - maybe early on but later on their lack of a large mana pool really takes its toll

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
paladins are like flys they are imortal for awhile buzzing around pissing u off then when u time it right u can swat em with little trouble :p

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Paladins are easy for priests... mana burn them, then dispel, and au reviour paladin.

Kaireem

Fledgling Freddie
played horde warrior, 1 slam and dead pally.
Warrior is a bit gimped some say but i still find it packs one hell of a punch and i've also been able to tank 3-4 mobs of my lvl :). (allthough sometimes i did have to use a healing potion but those are really easy to come by :), for those that do not know, quilboars and the like drop those in tons for free )

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Paladins are gods in PvE, but when it comes to PvP, its a bit like the Daoc paladin, doesnt really do much damage, but takes a while to take it down. ( at least before all of that ToA shite. )

Slatelighttone

Fledgling Freddie
Played a Pallie to level 30 in the US stress test and open beta. Won my share of fights pvp, lost my share. Warriors to be fair, I found easy enough, never fought a priest one on one.

Their damage output is not that great but sufficient to get the job done, the art of the Pallie is outlasting whatever you are fighting. Pallies should never lose one on one PVE (NEVER!).

PVP, it is using the blessings and seals correctly. Anything that is going to melee you should be a piece of cake, you will outlast them. You have Blessing of Protection to shield you from melee damage whilst you cast 2 holy lights to give yourself max health again, the you have divine protection to do exactly the same. Then you have Lay on Hands to give yourself complete health. So in essence anything melee'ing with you has got to kill you 3 times, in the time it takes you to kill them once.

Ranged attackers are a lot harder, Blessing of freedom from their root/slow is your best friend. Then Hammer of justice to stun them if you ever get in range, then Seal of Justice to give you a chance of stunning with each hit. I did take down a caster a few levels above me when I was 30, after he sheep'd me. Never had a chance to fight a hunter one on one.

Pallies are not the uber class smoe make them out to be, and they are certainly not the gimped class others make them out to be. They are a well balanced class that have to use their different abilities well depending on what they are fighting.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ye, paladins are proper hard to beat down, altho they dont have sick dmg output they can outlast most fights with immunity and heals...

lewskie

Fledgling Freddie
only real problem class atm imo is the warrior. paladins are fine as they are

Turamber

Part of the furniture
According to some of the posts on the official boards and the VN boards, warriors aren't getting proper HP increases as they level due to some strange bug. Maybe when they have more HP than a mage of the same level (honestly!) they will be a better class.

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Heal like a priest? LOL don't make me laugh. Either you only did first few levels or you haven't seen a good priest yet. The paladins I've met can max do 2 heals straight away and then they are OOM (maybe a 3rd after some beating again). While a priest can easy do 20 when he's got some fine intellect gear on. At high levels I rather prefer a good warrior then a paladin.

The classes are fine as they are. Plenty of abilities and each side has the same (except for paladin/shaman class).

Aada

Part of the furniture
The only difference between preist and a paladin with heals so far is mana but my heals are on par with a preists heals.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
newb,should get my copy off wow saturday/monday...shame i carnt lpay untill next saturday :(

oh bollocks i just realised ill be working on saturday aswell lol

:(

Tinu

Fledgling Freddie
Priest has a faster heal, so to sum it up.
Priest has better heals.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Heck a group of Paladins can easily clear some instances.. jesus me and 2 other paladins cleared an instance without breaking a sweat.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i think u guys are thinking to much about 1 v 1 .. much like when ppl bitched in daoc about 1 v 1 battles between infil and sb etc... grp battles are so obviously going to be won by mages :flame:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well alot of people like solo pvp and in WoW there is'nt really that much point to group in the first place ;/

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
I mainly group for doing elite instances, which can give proper decent exp over time, u can just reset it and do it a few times etc.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Sure your heal might be on par with priest heal, but remember that priests also get hot, faster heal (heals lower amount of hp) and regular heal.. all in all priest is the best healing class, whereas paladain's, shammies and druids are support healers. (Thereby not saying that shammies, paladins and druids can't heal well).

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I got bored with paladin and deleted her....

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
What are the differences between paladins', priests' and druids' buffs really? Been trying to read up on it without any luck.

Kind regards

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Paladin can beat anything that doesnt move when u hit them :p 8 sec stun every min and with some luck u get them stuned when they on 5 % hp so they dont run of and kite u.
In group they might be last stading coz who is gonna hit them first. Still very nice group char lots to offer a group.

1V1 is gonna happend alot with a pally in PVP right :clap: any range class will beat u up takes some time but dont expect people to stand still and fight u.

Play a pally cast the right stuff ,stun around u some nice AF bonus and extra mana for the group and a pally can be Uber group char both pvp and pve. but this 1v1 duel where people dont kite counts for nothing.

warriors seem to need some help imo but hard for me to say as not been close to 60 yet.

Gatts

Fledgling Freddie
Don't want to argue but I think every class in WoW can be very good if you play it right, I play a shaman, I don't loose often 1v1 but it happens and that is usually to the fact that the player knows it's toon.

What i actually want to say is every char has his advantages and disadvantages but all in all I like the game and when grouped almost every character contributes to the group (yes even rogues :p).

Agree with what is said PvE palys are abit godlike (well that is against supperior numbers), but then again this might be natural to any tanking class.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Hrogar said:
What are the differences between paladins', priests' and druids' buffs really? Been trying to read up on it without any luck.

Kind regards

druids get the 'best' buff. it increases Armor by X and every stat by X depending on level
priests get a stamina buff (hp? i think) and a shield buff thing that absorbs damage
pallys get auras, and also seals. can one of each active at a time.
also, mages get an int buff.

edit: correct me if im wrong about any of this :)

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
fear dot fear fear fear dot fear dot fear fear fear fear fearf .. dead :D

raal

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
The only difference between preist and a paladin with heals so far is mana but my heals are on par with a preists heals.

How do you figure that? The best priest heal is Greater Heal, which heals at 633.8 HPS and has an efficiency of 2.64 hp per mana invested.

The best paladin heal is at 526.8 HPS with 2.27 efficiency.

Priests can also cast a HOT that outperform the paladins healing seals.

The stats for the skills are here http://classesofwarcraft.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom