Paladin Template Required...

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone got a good Paladin template?

I am not interested in one full of artifacts, as I simply have not got the time to collect the scrolls, try for the artifact and level it if successful.

I already have BoS and the scrolls, I just need credit. I was thinking about:

Winged Helm
GoV
Battler

Ideally I'd prefer to use quested bracers and necklace (most likely the SI ones from LSoA and Lost Treasures, or the ToA counterparts).

I'd expect the remainder of my armour to be either MP or 99% pieces depending on what I have left to do...obviously less artifacts makes this easier, but also means less abilities.

A nice and sensible balance would be great. I'm not looking for an uber template, but just one that'll allow me to be half decent and obtainable and usable this century! ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Not a trick question, 2-H is much more fun for RvR I've found than S/S.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
/release is fun? Ok :)

(Sorry, way off topic, just cant resist. )

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Heheh.
I've found myself earning more RPs and releasing less since switching to 2-H than I did when I was S/S. Its a personal playstyle preference, but RvR combat is just too quick for the benefits of S/S to be really felt. 2-H lets you take opponents down fast and you still get to stun and snare them in the process.

S/S needs fixing to be fair. The lower DPS is not offset by a significant enough defensive advantage at all. So you might as well go for doing as much damage as possible as quickly as possible and Paladin 2-H damage is very respectable in this area. If you want to protect your caster, the 2-H positional styles will hinder an attacker as well as slam does.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well the decline in tank based groups and the advent of Bodyguard makes the shield less useful - till NF anyway when you need it for stopping the 100000000000000000 arrows coming your way ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
At which point every bugger roles a scout or a caster anyway.

If they haven't already.;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Danamyr said:
And getting back on topic please...

bah wimp, download korts (SC calculator), plug in the artifacts you've got, have a bash at the Market Explorer for the bonuses you want (or nick bits from other paladin templates) check the drunkenfriar.com for more templates if there's not enough on here and play around with the SC calculator.

making templates is teh fun!

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, there should be quite a few templates in the Paladin' Barracks on the Drunken Friar.

Of course a lot of them will be 2-H........

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom