Paladin spec questions...

P

[PS]Venom

I've been thinking about respeccing. Currently I'm an offensive paladin (Don't laugh) with (Approx)

Slash 44
2Handed 50
Chants 35
Shield 7
Parry 12

I'm thinking about altering my specs slightly to give me a higher parry rate, as I primarily use 2h. (Letting all my rare 2handers go to waste would make me cry :p )

This is what I'm thinking of doing..

Slash 39 (Drops Sapphire Slash but I never use it anyway)
2 Handed 50
Chants 33 (I lose the 35 healchants but I find myself it less these days - I keep the level 33 AF chants tho)
Shield 5
Parry 26

Will I see any major benefit from this, or am I best off sticking with what I have...? Or am I going to be best off going Sword'n'Shield? I know I may see an increase in my damage variance due to lowering my slash skill
I know this is mainly personal preference, and I'd like to keep being an offensive pallie, so give me reasons for changes ect.

Ta :)

O

old.chipper

my oppinion of a 2h pally has always been synical at best there just not cut out for offensive battle not atm anyway str is capped at 170 at lvl 50 without using aug str which suxs and makes the last slash style useless cos u cant get the most out of it.
a paladins strength has always been that they can last a long time in a fight if needs be, cant do that 2h far as i know u cant parry an arrow :) i recently respecced from
50 slash 48 chants 29 shield 13 parry
to 44 slash 46 chants 42 shield 3 parry and it works well ive lost very little dmg output and blocking has increased insanely and i still parry fairly often but seen as though no slash moves require you to parry im fine with that

as for 2h spec no idea i never considered it but from what i know about my char i wouldnt spec that way either.
hows your lvl 50 2h style is there much of a dmg increase ? if not consider dropping it and putting those points into parry

M

mcdonalds

/Quote Currently I'm an offensive paladin

:clap: :clap: lol omg hehehehe hahahaha :clap:

/Quote (Don't laugh)

Opps :(

P

[PS]Venom

Well, I've never really used engage anyway so... My 2H damage tends to be about double my 1h slasher damage. The 2handed end combo does quite a bit of damage as well, and the Bleed is quite nice... but it is a 3 style combo to use the level50 style.

I might drop 2h down a little - but I do like sun and moon. Atm I always use 2h anyway - use sword/shield rarely, which led me to the drop slash a coupla points option, and dump it into parry.

L

lac_desariel

After a little time number crunching, im taking my Pally to this spec not alouwing for auto train

Chants 49 Best chant
Shield 42 9 Sec stun
Parry 32 Less Dam taken
Slash 25 Cleave style which follows Uppercut

Defensive but in my opion the way a pally should look. altho i am thinking about crush weapons, any idea as to if its worth useing crush

F

Flimgoblin

Looks like a good plan - you'll not miss out on the extra 10hp or so every 12 seconds I don't think, and come next patch you'll be using that parry in RvR.

Keep the 50 two handed - if you're going offensive, go all out offensive, I imagine you'll be grouped with some other folks, running endurance chant and sprinting into the enemy casters, so you want lots of damage :)

At 33 chants you still have the +4 endurance regen :) so if you grab long wind 1 you've got permasprint (well till you run out of mana).

Looks like a good template to me :)

B

belth

Might aswell lose the 5 in shield, it's utterly worthless when you're a 2-hander :p As I see speccing shield, it's either 7 for engage, 42 for Slam or 50 - the points are otherwise better spent elsewhere.

I'd go 29 minimum Slash, looking at Lac's template - spamming Ammy Slash propably beats the heck out of Uppercut/Cleave.

R

Rei-Ki

Originally posted by mcdonalds
/Quote Currently I'm an offensive paladin

:clap: :clap: lol omg hehehehe hahahaha :clap:

/Quote (Don't laugh)

Opps :(

<yawn, yawn>

P

[PS]Venom

Well having looked at the character builder I'm almost decided on-

Slash 29 (Amethyst Slash)
Chants 35 (What I have now)
2Handed 50 (same)
Parry 35 (Mega increase)
And the last few points to take shield to 5.

I know it's a BIG slash drop, but how much difference will that REALLY make to damage? When I should be parrying like a rabbit on steroids with a 2h weapon.

Comments/Ect?

G

gunner440

imo 29 and 50 is quite a big seperation, so ur dmg will kinda be unpredictable in a way..

if u want 50 2h then go for 39 or 44 slash, any less would make dmg variance too high and u would be better off going sword shield.

note: pallys arent really made to be all out offensive but in my opinion you should sacrifice s&m and go 44 2h so u have more points to spend in other areas, especially chants :)

P

[PS]Venom

Well I did it, and despite clicking once too many on slash :rolleyes: I'm quite happy with the result..

With attacking yellow/orange cons in barrows unbuffed, I fare about the same as normal - depends on the level of the various cons.. With a few level26 enhance cleric buffs I do indeed parry like a rabbit on steroids, and deal with low/medium oranges very easily and satisfyingly.

I haven't noticed that bad a drop in damage... actually, to be honest, I haven't really noticed a drop at all.

I've yet to test it out in RvR yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom