Paladin Resist Chants

R

RD-Kanor

Since the 1.48 patch came along i havent been RvR so im not to sure on what these 6 resist chants do.

Can someoen explain which is the best to use in RvR?
They really needed? seem abit pointless to me.

Cant tell which one ur gonna need more...

:/

S

Sabu

By now i only use 2 of thesse chants. Mind aura that sometimes seems to work against mezz (not against stun), and energy aura that seems to work fine against midgars smyters and hib eldrichts.

If u see a blue ball coming for u then use energy or if u see that hammers smiting use it too. The problem is that the aura time duration is 5 sec and 8 to recast, then you can think doen´t works but it does. You must use in the preciss moment.

Maybe you can use fire or cold but i think albion casters are the main users of cold or fire.

T

Tranquil-

Hm, Void Eldritches are doing cold damage, right?

K

K0nah

Hope so, Ive got 31% resist for that reason :p

Never seen an official list for this sorta thing but having trawled forums n stuff I gather:

Body Resist = Poisons/DoTs, Stuns, Roots, Skald DDs
Spirit Resist = Mezz
Cold/Heat = Most nukes
Energy = Runemaster bolts
Matter = fk knows

Resist cap is 26% +Racial Resistance (ie me as Highlander gets 5% cold resist from "birth" so my Cold cap is 31%)

If anyone can fill in the blanks/add to this feel free..

O

old.Second

be aware that heal also is body so if you got high body resistance you get less heal.

i read that somewhere.

S

starblade

Problem with the resist chants is that you have to know exactly what type of damage/spell style the enemy will throw at you. This requires some good knowledge of spells in other realms but will still be a lot of guessing imo.

Most I use is mind, getting total 'mezz' resist up at 33%. Think it works OK for now but still not sure. Use AF chant for lowering melee damage since heat/cold resist are at a nice resist % without chants.

O

old.Ramas

be aware that heal also is body so if you got high body resistance you get less heal

This isn't true.

I heal everyone for exactly the same number of points regardless of body resist.

Body resist is primarily useful against stuns. But a few other spells use it too.

For an Alb the primary things you want to resist (imho) are, in order of importance...

1) Spirit (for mez)
2) Body (for stun)
3) Crush (for practically every Hibgard tank)
4) Slash (for protection from archers)
5) Cold (most Hibgard nukes)
6) Energy (the remaining Hibgard nukes)

Chain wearers might also want a little thrust reistance, particularly if they fight Hibs a lot (Chain is crap gainst hibbie spears), and more energy resist to counter their vulnerabilities. Plate wearers might want less slash, and more cold and crush, for the same reason.

Regards,
Arindra Ramas, lvl 47 rejuv/enh Cleric

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Hit ^_^
matter=poison.
im quite sure of.

s'funny when i delve the info on the poisons my infiltrator uses it says Damage Type: Body. But if your sure..

O

old.LandShark

assassin poisons are body damage.
Shaman/sorc/cabalist DoT poisons and diseases are matter.
It is for this reason, i might add, that matter resist is 90% useless to an alb.
Hell, cabas and sorcs are hardly common, so you could say matter resist is fairly useless in general...

Other DoT's- mentalist i'm fairly sure is energy, and the druid is body.

Edit: have been meaning to make a post on this subject for a while now, but i'll put it here rather than start a new thread.
PALADINS: don't waste your bloody time with mind ward. Even if someone had 26% spirit res from items, and you had the top spirit res chant, that's still at best reducing a 70sec mezz to a 35sec mezz - hurrah, you're only mezzed for over half a minute!
For the love of pete - use cold/heat/body.
End of rant ;)

R

RD-Kanor

when i can respec in 1.51 im not gonna spec in resists at all. they sound pointless, id rather have my parry up than them.

A

Arthwyr

I found the anwser ! get 6 paladins and run em all. I knew we were an uber class after all

G

Glema

I thought resists didnt actually work in this version?
Certainly not against mezz/stun, im not sure about DD

O

old.Ramas

I thought resists didnt actually work in this version?
Certainly not against mezz/stun, im not sure about DD

This is correct, in a rather haphazard and awkward to predict mannre, most of the resists are bugged, espeicially on CC spells.

It all gets fixed over the next 2 patches.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Ramas

1) Spirit (for mez)
2) Body (for stun)

not quite that simple..

every spell has its own damage type... stuns and mezzes are no exception - check out the spell lists on the www.camelotherald.com - they show the damage type for each spell.

Body is good for healer stuns/mezzes, but spirit stops the cleric and sorceror ones.

F

Flimgoblin

Oh and nothing does anything against stun/mezz till 1.50 :)

S

Sibanac

Energy, the way to go

Last night i figured i'dd use energy instead of mind (mind seems to stop some mezzes)

When the AMG gates opened and those nasty blue balls came flying thru, tanks started droping left, right and center, but i was still standing there with about 1/2 hp and my log going :
You resist the effect
You resist the effect
xxx does 350 dmg
You resist the effect
xxx does 250 dmg

I wonder if you can stack em like PBT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom