Paladin Question!

Suicidel

Fledgling Freddie
hi, i was wondering if quickness is that important for a BG pala in NF... in my template im nearly done with ( just arti lvling left ) i have 28 quick, but i have 97 str 91 con 96 dex and 320 hp and good resist... so, is quickness very important for a BG tank?

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Suicidel said:
hi, i was wondering if quickness is that important for a BG pala in NF... in my template im nearly done with ( just arti lvling left ) i have 28 quick, but i have 97 str 91 con 96 dex and 320 hp and good resist... so, is quickness very important for a BG tank?

I am going to be really crap and admit I don't know the answer to this - sorry :(

I seem to recall reading a thread on the VN Boards about Quickness for Paladins, but cannot remember for the life of me whether it made a difference or not...

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
The more quickness you have, the more swings you'll get at your target, but each swing will do less damage. However, whats become more important since ToA is that more swings per fight, mean more chances for your Malice proc to go off, for example. As the procs on artifact weapons are so much more powerful than the old standard weapon DoT procs, then people like to have as much chance as possible to get those procs off.

Also, with casters having a cast time of about 1 second these days, the faster you can swing your sword to interupt them, the better off you and your group mates will be.

There's been a few tests on damage over time shown linked to on here, and I think it showed that by having capped quickness, and melee speed bonuses, you'll do much more damage over time, than if you had none, but hit like a truck with each swing.

Anyway, thats my thinking, no doubt someone can get a bit more technical for you ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
The more quickness you have, the more swings you'll get at your target, but each swing will do less damage.

Really? I didn't think DPs worked that way. I thought the base damage per hit was tied to weapon DPS and weapon speed. Faster weapon = less damage per hit, but the eventual same damage over time as a slower weapon that does more damage per hit.

I thought that more quickness + haste procs or Thuerg Buffs means you hit more frequently, but doesn't effect the actual damage you do, just how often you're swinging at the target.

If you're a 2-H pally with high quickness and happen to have haste procs on your weapons and armour that stack, you start smacking things around like a kitchen blender on steroids.

Suicidel

Fledgling Freddie
ok thanks m8.. but as a BG Paladin u most standing next to u caster/cleric and just be there.... imo i think that its more important to have more + con then quick couse tanks needs to get me down first .... so i will try this temp out, if i dont like i get some more quick=) thanks for help

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Haste doesn't affect your damage output, but I'd always thought, and been told, quickness does.

What we need is Pin to confirm whats right and wrong ;)

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
Haste doesn't affect your damage output, but I'd always thought, and been told, quickness does.

Seems odd to me that having a higher stat would actually decrease your damage per swing. It doesn't make a great deal of sense.

Chilly

Balls of steel
qui modifies damage per swing down but leaves it exactly the same over time and you swing faste, haste leaves it the same per swing but increases amount of swings thus increasing voerall dps.

Haste is to tanks what dex is to casters.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
qui modifies damage per swing down but leaves it exactly the same over time and you swing faste, haste leaves it the same per swing but increases amount of swings thus increasing voerall dps.

Haste is to tanks what dex is to casters.
erm. no, no and no.

both qui and haste increase swingspeed, without reducing base damage, thus increasing base dps.
both qui and haste reduce style damage per swing, keeping style dps the same.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Wether its important to you or not depends on what you plan to do.

If your going to be the typical bodyguard bot then you wont be benefiting much from quickness.

If you plan to get out there and be interrupting (which you have a taunt spell for anyway) then it becomes more important.

To be honest though, no group relies on a paladin for damage so its kinda mute point, any damage you do in the long run will be drowned out by the casters and offensive classes.

Nice but not essential in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom