Paladin or Hero?

L

Lusse

Well... With that question most of the people will say, Hero, duh!

But what im refering too is the following.

Reading many posts about how tanks should behave in RvR made me realise that hte difference betwen the many tanks isnt that big. Shield wearing ones are supposed to just stay with their caster/healers and guard them and look for stealthers. Nonshield to stay put and attack everything thats close i guess.

So the Hero hits harder, and the paladin will probably block more often, aswell as they have their chants and if the albs wins the battle the paladin can help rezzing.

So im confused on what to do now. I stopped playing my paladin to play a Hero (hence my likness to melee) but after reading a lot of posts of the Tanks role in RvR made me think of maybe i should exp my paladin to 50 instead of making a new hero that will probably have the same role and will have just as same fun if not even less due i have to lvl up again.

Any tips upon this?

S

SilverHood

42 in shield is king...

It has no dmg type, like body or spirit, so it cannot be resisted.... imagine bashing away at someone while they can't fight back.. :rolleyes:

Then think of using a 2H weapon, hitting 5 times or less to render an openent dead.

It's up to you... I'm currently the 2 hander, while my axe hurts, I will be going with shield once I get the respec option

And no one can tell you which class to play.... I love tanks and casters.... but can't stand playing a healer class

Play what floats your boat, and play with people you enjoy grouping with

S

Shike

Lusse, mate, a Hero is a LOT better in RvR than a pally i think. A spearo can deal some nasty damage, they have a shitload of HP's, And that kinda summons it up. A hero with FA2 and IP, and the moose, is kinda like facing a train, with 2 xtra wagons.

A tanks hardest job is to be able to stand as long as possible when it comes to the important battles, Relics etc. Pally suxx in that part imo. Pally have much lower HP's than an hero and they have a significantly lower str and hence are less worth when it comes to carrying shit around. They often have a shield and a puny sword, and hence deal small damage.

Pallys have plate, they have chants and they can rez. well yeah, thats about it.

In PvE pallys own, in RvR they suck.
In PvE heroes are good and they are good in RvR for beeing a tank.

50spear, 42shield. Firbolg with good strenght, voila, u have a very good tank.
There are a few things that really matter for a tank in RvR, u need Hitpoints, u need good resists and u need to be able to deal some damage fast.

/em dodges all the angry pallys and knowitalltanks around.

C

case-rigantis

lol!!! :clap: yo know any more good jokes?

V

VidX

I know a joke.

This one time, I saw a Paladin solo Locomo.

YEAH RIGHT!

O

old.Bubble

i saw a sorcerer solo USP :p

my paladin on pellinor has beaten Blade heros, speros etc
but lost to a blunt /shield hero

spero with no ejurnace...rp cow :p

O

old.Bubble

oh i'd rather play a hero
lol
paladins don't stand a chance againt Hib casters(i mean light spec :p) but a hero has enough HP and insta's to take about 5 or 6 wizard nukes

Also hibernia as a realm is much more fun to exp in

C

case-rigantis

hero`s have 5000 hit points?! damn they are tough :p

B

Bodzilla

if they use IP, FA and also go bambi on you, then they have can have equivalent of 6000+

V

VidX

Of course I was solo'ed by a sorcerer, I'm gimped :)

C

case-rigantis

if i had 6000 hit points i can honestly say i could beat just about anything in any realm
6000 ffs!!

is it just me or is this a bit excessive ?

O

old.Bubble

USP your not gimped :) i was a page of death spams from your PBAOE earlyer :)

i was happy to catch up to you while u were at a distance :)

S

SilverHood

yeah, Usp is a mean bastard..... that 15 sec uninterupted casting trashed me, a lvl 50 warrior and a lvl 50 skald

Users who are viewing this thread