Paladin Epic weapon

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Speaking about slash/shield paladin template. Does it worth it to replace Malice Axe with the Champion one for the 10% melee resist debuff? Since you can have the CL weapon in the second slot for the 5% slash/thrust/crush resist aura. I heard that the CL wep doesnt proc too much either.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Vermillon said:
Speaking about slash/shield paladin template. Does it worth it to replace Malice Axe with the Champion one for the 10% melee resist debuff? Since you can have the CL weapon in the second slot for the 5% slash/thrust/crush resist aura. I heard that the CL wep doesnt proc too much either.

You need wield the weapon in order to get the aura. Just equipped isn't enough.

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
SoulFly said:
You need wield the weapon in order to get the aura. Just equipped isn't enough.

ouch thats bad :(

I misstaken that part at CamelotHerald : - This spell is active when the item is worn.

But even that way, does it worth it to leave Malice for CWeapon?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i was using the CL weapon for a week or so but i have switched back to malice

Smellysox

One of Freddy's beloved
Ckiller said:
higher miss rate with non Arti weapons to afaik
Have to agree it dont hit as much as malice axe , has got nice resists though :< .

Airwalker

Fledgling Freddie
I dropped malice from my mincer, and replaced it with the
Minstrel Dextra Sword
I do hit harder, normal dmg is from 175-300dmg + crit, 300dmg on 200- 300 on sb's, and half the realm use the upsilon harp... may I ask why?
I like it better... and it fits perfect to my inc template. some said I was stupid, but I trust in meself.
I'm specced rly high melee tho... fuck stealth

pick what you want ver, listen to the force, and I mean it.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
Has there been any test on the champ weapon? Or is it just heresay? I was originally planning on using it but after reading this ive redone it to include malice, no real difference in end stats but id like to use the champ weapon purely for the extra resists.

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The miss rate is unstyled hits, so if your not actually using a style then you'll miss more with the CW than you would do with an AW. Honestly though, it's about 10% difference, it seems big but in concept the amount of time your not gonna be using styles (as a paladin) is bare minimum.

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
there has been a test and it has been put on vn boards

conclusion was that crafted and champ weaps have a missrate of 10%
and artifacts have a missrate of 5%

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
champ weapons are worthless, the offensive proc rarely goes off and the miss rate is higher. malice >>> anything.

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
champ weapons are worthless, the offensive proc rarely goes off and the miss rate is higher. malice >>> anything.

i actually found the champion weapon quite useful, i seem to do some pretty nice damage with it, the 5% melee resist aura is rly nice (i have 34% slash 33%crush 31%thrust:D) and ive found the proc activates at a pretty average rate, and when it does its a significant boost to dmg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom