Packet loss

A

adslrizla

Anyone else noticing serious PL at peak times on this game? Happens for me at :

17 * * 28 ms iceland-telecom-ltd.Thamesside.cw.net [166.63.217.6]

Now before anyone says anything I know routers generally drop ICMP when they're busy, however this router near enough dies at peak times. I suspect this is the cause of the laggy performance that many people have seen - and indeed the all too frequent disconnections etc that are happening.

I find it worrying that the devs feel they need to have servers close at hand (so to speak). It has got to be costing them a bomb having the transit through Iceland Telecom rather than siting the servers on a major hub like Telehouse/HE.

Not good. Not good at all :(

T

Tom

I don't suffer these problems so I can only assume its a localised issue to do with your connection somehow?

A

adslrizla

I don't see how as it starts at the Iceland Telecom feed and having asked others (online) to check this they all seem to go via this router.

Oh and nearly all of them have packet loss at peak (UK) times - ie after 6pm. We're talking players from France, US, Canada, Australia - really just about everywhere. All of them see the thamesside.cw.net router dropping ICMP (which it doesn't at 2pm for example).

A pathping (if you have 2k or XP) shows this up best.

E

Embattle

I have to admit I do suffer this problem, sadly.

A

adslrizla

It's noticeably worse tonight. Now I know it's not my ISP (A&A) because I can see their "all users" graph is lower than last night. Problems start at the Iceland Telecom feed and I'd be very surprised if any of you can honestly say that going into a new system takes the same amount of time as it did at 2pm today. Hell it takes a lot longer than the same time last night.

Makes a change not to be able to blame BT for something eh :) IT is the new BT for Eve users :D

C

Custy

not noticed any lag which has made it a problem to play

S

Scouse

Had this discussion in-game with you already m8 :)

If it was at their router then *everyone* would be experiencing the same problem - not just a small number from certain ISP's. (Although I will concede that it looks like they've got traffic issues).

And will you give up on the "find it worrying that the devs feel they need to have servers close at hand" crap. So what?

If I work on any servers I prefer to be able to physically visit them rather than have to work on them remotely.

Why? Hardware errors, Disaster Recovery, simple ease-of-use, it feels better....

:)

Having said that - they've got a multitude of issues that they need to look at - not just this one....

A

adslrizla

You've had this discussion with me in-game? Who are you? In-game I mean :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom