owwwwwwwwww

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
just broken my collarbone. being the pain in the arse it is its not in a cast and is just supported by a sling. the pain is unbearable. glad i got that out in the open.

Chilly

Balls of steel
ouch unlucky, how did you do it? Was it worth it, whatever it was? :D

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
meter high jump downhill type track. jump was 1 meter high ish but didnt take into account the rather deep slope after it. didnt go fast enough and landed it with front wheel with me still on saddle facing the ground. ie bike was face down and stopped my fall with a rock/grassy type knoll. bike is fine (apart from right shifter window falling off) i am not.

Will

/bin/su
Ouch. One of my cycling mates snapped his collarbone a few weeks ago...its in about four pieces. He won't be able to go mountain biking until October at the earliest. He smashed up his front wheel at the same time.

Ibuprofen is good for the pain, and it should fade to uncomfortable within a few days. You'll probably want to carry the sling around with you for a while though.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
heh yeah ibuprofen is ok. nurofen+ with its codeine is the strongest you can get over the counter which is what i am using now. worst is getting out of bed after sleep. took me 2 hours this morning lol.. really wanted a cigarette too ;p

should be 3-4 weeks for me as its just a break. amazing how much of your body uses the collarbone and how damned weak it is. excuse lack of punctuation etc. i can only use one hand though

Will

/bin/su
The collarbone is pretty strong...it just isn't designed to take the crash you gave it. Mine has taken a lot of damage over the years without snapping. I'm kinda lucky though, I've walked away from crashes that should have put me in hospital for a long time. :)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
collarbone is "weak" as it acts as a safety valve.

If it didnt, you could break a lot worse (e.g. your neck)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I broke my collarbone in a similar biking accident a couple of years ago (me sliding off track into a tree on downhill segment). TRUELY something I'd not want to go through again. took me over a year before my shoulder felt reasonably "right" again, and it healed wrongly leaving me with an arm/shoulder that is 85% of what it should be.

GWS matey!

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
My dad broke his collar-bone a while back. Out on his bike he ran into a small dog (shoulda killed the little sh*t tbh) had to ride 18miles back one handed.

:(

UL Dooms

Calamore

Fledgling Freddie
I feel for you ! Broke mine about 4 months ago playing rugby. The pain!

U will be left with a lump in your shoulder for rest of your life like me :)

can nearly play rugby again :)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you really going to play laddie? I broke mine 10 years ago and I'm still feart to have 14 stone of bezerk nastyness slamming his thumb into my eye in the scrum :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom