Ownage - Middie Scammer in Albion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

old.ShadowBlood

Middie Scammer in Albion!

Excalibur middie in Albion: Just a warning to people about a confidence trickster. He infiltrated a friend of mines guild, managed to steal her armour through a confidence trick (can I see what your armour looks like on me pls pls pls, you can trust me etc, then said "Hahaha I just ripped you off". He also turns up at keep raids and starts yelling obsceneties.
He was last spotted in Camelot selling his stolen wares.

Anyone know if GOA look into these sort of things or if its of no concern to them? Im surprised he didnt delete his character after his scam. As I think he could easily be caught out via chat logs..

Forgot his dam name so ill have to come back and post later.

:upyours:

O

old.stroke

Ownage? Hmm, i thought i saw some Ownage in Emaine the other night, but wasn't he middie? Must be similar names or something..

O

old.ShadowBlood

ahhh

Ah ok my friend told me it was ownage that ripped her off, maybe that was what he said was his middie name (although he may of lied about that).....

Ignore this post Ill come back with his Alb name :)
<slaps himself>

O

old.ShadowBlood

might be a different spelling... like your spelling of Emain is :)

A

Aculus

Shadowblood the name is correct , the guy that did it was Ownage DotCom .
I believe he is still trying to sell the armour on as well as i was speaking to a guy in cammy last night who said he was asked if he wanted to buy it and was wondering why he had a high AF armour , that he was too low to use .
He was a member of our guild when he did this , needless to say he was kicked form the guild as soon as it happened .

What i find even worse is that Ownage seems to think it is funny to rip someone off like this .

O

old.Garris

Dont know if this helps, but I've seen an Ownage DotCom at the Camelot forge several times.. and around and about generally. I hope GOA hammers down on this kind of behaviour.

B

blain

This Kind of behaviour SUX, i remember playing UO a year or so back, and I got ripped off within 10 minutes of starting, needless to say after that my trust became harder to earn.

Ownage if you read this.....YOU SUCK

Blain - 23 Healer - Midgard
Webmaster
http://prydwen-camelot.co.uk

O

old.Plebo

I'm not sure why GOA should take an interest in this. Agreed, this Ownage sounds like a selfish idiot, but surely he could just claim that he is doing a bit of roleplaying!

In an online game you are always gonna come across people that try and cheat or act in an anti-social manner. Just look at how Counterstrike was ruined by cheats. We need to take them into account when playing.

I'd say that you should only give equipment on loan to players that you know very well and have grouped with regularly. In Ownage's case, I think he is free to play his character how he wishes.

O

old.dwyte

he might be free to play how he wishes, but he wont get far pulling off moron stunts like that, anyone who reads these forums will know him now

do you realise how hard it is to acquire high lvl armor? it isnt an easy thing to do.

as for seeing him in rvr i will bust my ass to get him killed then laugh at him, i dont give 2 shits if he was roleplaying or not, he is a twat for thieving.

1 resser scoring you off the 'to be rezzed list'

:upyours: like to see you own anything with me jumping on your head! :upyours:

dwyte (now i'm pissed off) soulavenger

O

old.ShadowBlood

\aye

Yeah scammers can ruin a game.. On Asherons Call people were stealing sets of armour and seeling them for $100+ on ebay...
As you cant tell there was some pretty disgrunteled gamers and some very elaborate & cunning scams going on.
~SB~

O

old.Hellskor

You should fill out a Harrassment(?)Charge. Not sure if it's a special link or if it's part of 'RightNow' ... but GOA does react on shit like this.

S

SlipperyNutz

I am a high ranking officer in the guild that Ownage Dotcom is currently in. This matter was brought to my attention just a few moments ago.

Having played AC myself for a couple years, and witnessed all the scams, thievery, obscence language and D00d mentality, I have basically zero tolerance for this sort of behaviour.

However, I dont believe that either myself nor our Guild Leader would convict someone without proper evidence being presented. I have no wish to anger any of you with that comment, so bear with me. Our guild leader will be told the situation when I speak with him tomorrow and the aggrieved parties will be spoken with. If we find that actions need to be taken, they bloody well will be :)

Our guild is one that promotes fun, friendship, courtesy and a philosophy of "treat others as you would wish yourself to be treated". Bad behaviour from our guild members is a reflection on our guild as a whole. I dont play that way and I know that BlackSpawn wont put up with it either.

Rest assured, matters will be handled with judicial prudence and efficacy.

Peregrine LVL 22 Minstrel - General of The Black Spawn Guild

O

old.dwyte

/sigh

gonna be your loss then....literally

just a thought, if you need proof and all that go for it by all means, answer one question, why would someone make sumthing like this up?

seems a bit too severe if it was 'just a grudge' no?

S

SlipperyNutz

Originally posted by dwyte
/sigh

gonna be your loss then....literally

just a thought, if you need proof and all that go for it by all means, answer one question, why would someone make sumthing like this up?

seems a bit too severe if it was 'just a grudge' no?

I never said that people had made things up but yes, proof is required. You wouldnt want to be convicted of something just because lots of people said you had done it. However, I'm not saying I dont believe them either.

To answer your question "why would someone make something like this up?". Go play Asherons Call for a while and I think you can answer that question for yourself. Check out the VN Boards, especially the Frostfell one and get a glimpse into the mentality of some MMORPG players.

We WILL look into this matter and it WILL be dealt with on the facts. I cannot say fairer than that.

Peregrine Lvl 22 Minstrel - General of the Black Spawn Guild

O

old.Hendrick

I can confirm that this Ownage Dotcom (the name alone is worse enough, if you ask me) has asked me to tell him the worth of some items. He was in his teens level-wise, and showed me some AF90, AF80, and some mithril armor pieces, most of them conned purple to me at 28 that time. I was surprised how he came by such armor and just told him that I had no idea what the stuff would be worth, advised him to check keltors spreadsheet (he started armorcraft and I explained some basic stuff to him). Then Aculus showed up and accused Ownage of thieving. That would explain how such a low level character can get his hands on such items. While it still could have been handed down to him by a higher level alt (my lvl 9 Infi has some Banded Coral chain in his vault, cause mine is full), I do not really think that is the case here.
Well I label him thief, especially as he did not even reply to what Aculus said when openly accusing him. Plus, Aculus explanation seems quite correct to me. Although I of course can not say anything for certain.

O

old.LaKKe

hhahhaha

first of all none of u were there so u have no idea what happened,and the HAHAH is for screaming obsceneties on keep raids,thats the funniest rumon bout me EVER ,D
now i want soemthing that actually proofs that i stole these things but i guess all the *screens* were lost when u all formated ur hard drive ;)
ppl talk crap bout me when im not here to defend myself,i heard i was kicked from lost souls when the truth is i quit couse me and gwaen had a fight.
and yes i have good stuff,i bought it all from a lvl 38 cleric,many ppl can confirm this...
and yes i appear to be rude to ppl,but seriously what would you say if soemone msgs u:FUCK U BASTARD I HATE YOU,and u dotn even know them,do u say:u wanna exp good friend or shut up?
if ppl are nice to me im nice back but ppl that dont know me or what happened dotn need to msg me with comments and thinking they know everything,sorry but i just find it pathetic when u ppl think i probably stole soemthing couse some guy says so in a post
if i log in with a different user to this forum and say that someone stole form me u would all start harrasing him,thats wrong?

peace,Over and out///Ownage

O

old.LaKKe

and plz the one that saw me shouting obsceneties plz msg me at Ownage in daoc couse i REALLY want to laugh at ya ;)

S

SlipperyNutz

Ownage Dotcom has been removed from The Black Spawn Guild

Peregrine - Minstrel and General in The Black Spawn

F

Fightersuntzu

Originally posted by FeedMeBeer
Ownage Dotcom has been removed from The Black Spawn Guild

Great, so does this mean hes guilty as charged? HMmmmmmmm.....

O

old.Alwych

I think he came on here and totally shamed his guild with his childish mentality and they dumped him as fast as they could. I had seen a few of the black spawn about last few days and after seeing this guy running around with them i wasnt impressed, actually i thought it was probably some troublemaking guild. I guess guilty or not (i think we know he is) those sort of actions reflect badly on guilds and the black spawn were right to remove him. You only had to read his posts here to realise he sooooooo did rip off someones armour.

Good job black spawn.

O

old.LaKKe

lol

can u tell me how u know im guilty?
have u seen any evidence at all except a post on this forum?
ooh,i forgot,u just believe everything ppl say

///Ownage DotCom

O

old.LaKKe

lol

thre is no proof except someone says i stole,so plz explain how u can know that i stole those things im accused of stealing?

O

old.Aiges Tyme

Well

Ownage to me you are a person screaming out for attention, by attempting to cover something up that is so painfully obvious you make yourself look like a fool. Your own words condemn you as a lier, a fruad and a genrally crappy person.

Ownage, this one is for you :upyours:

O

old.LaKKe

oh really?

how is it painfully obvious,have u seen any proof except the post itself? NNOOOO
screaming out for attension:do keep in mind that in not the one typing posts about ppl i dont know so plz just show me the evidence,there is none couse i didnt do it,thats a fact
peace/ Ownage DotCom

O

old.ShadowBlood

FFS

Ownage you little shit, I didnt know you were also Lakke you are at it again! My friend "Ironic" was complaining of someone called Lakke who was helping him mule, Oh and guess what happened.. The 200 gold and robe went missing, Lakke denied it went in his pack, then disconected and blamed it on a bug..... Why do you bother? There are plenty of people out there who are more than willing to help you get equiptment and money.. your meant to help your fellow Albions bot steal from them wtf are you doing?
Get a life!
Cause your not gonna get a guild. :p

As for proof of your previous crime!
Ive been hunting alongside a guild GM, she is also a Paladin..... shes was level 40 and wearing chain armour... proof enough she was robbed?

Was hopeing this was a one off but it seems you find it fun to steal from people...

Boil his bottom! Feed him to the trolls!

O

old.LaKKe

lol

that a lvl 40 is wearing chain is hardly proof,that is her own foult not mine?
and who is ironic?i have no char called LaKKe on prydwen its just a chat name couse Ownage was taken.
i do have a new char lvl 24 paladin and he is a member of a really good guild so plz be quiet.
Ownage DotCom has been offered to join many guild since this happened,among them Crusaders,UR own but its not worth to join them since i get kicked as soon as gwaen whispers her lies to soemone in the guild,the only 2 persons that know what is going on seems to be me and gwaen and i wont explain myself to a charge im not quilty of,thats it

O

old.seb1024

We at Angels of Vengence know about Ownage and his stealing of items thing and wont give him anything

confirm he does play in albion and is amlost certainly providing info straight to middies in rvr we are trying to find his middie account name

O

old.Gronau

I suggest all Guilds take a look at ALL level 24 Paladins in their guild now.
Does any of them type in the same style as this idiot?
Has he recently joined the guild?

Be warned, any guild that harbours this criminal will be tainted by his reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread