Owen to Real Madrid?

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
I'd heard that Real Madrid had been making offers to Michael Owen, of liverpool fc fame, and i've just heard from the old man that the deak has gone through.

Havent seen anything backing this up, I checked the Real Madrd website and BBC sport site but there's nada. Anyone know if its true or not?

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Munkey said:
I'd heard that Real Madrid had been making offers to Michael Owen, of liverpool fc fame, and i've just heard from the old man that the deak has gone through.

Havent seen anything backing this up, I checked the Real Madrd website and BBC sport site but there's nada. Anyone know if its true or not?

Looks like pure speculation.

It wouldn't be the most unlikely thing to happen though. He's stalling over his contract and has publicly stated that he'll only stay at Liverpool if they can guarantee him Champions' League.

It'd be common sense for Liverpool to sell him rather than let him go for nothing. Would probably be the end for Houllier if they can't keep hold of him.

Would be interesting to see which team did land his services if he were to go. Not sure Real would want him as they already have Raul and Ronaldo. Still, having Figo and Zidan didn't stop them signing Beckham.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I heard this a long time ago!

It wouldnt suprise me if he has actually gone for it the Real Presidant. The geezer went for Zidance at a function and wrote a "Do you want to play for Real" on a napkin. He then spoke to Beckham in a restaurant!

He signed Ronaldo on his yacht whilst in his trunks! The geezer is so powerful! It wouldnt suprise me if he has gone for him, and I think it may be time for Owen to move for hime to be "World Class"

mank!

Part of the furniture
Load of bollocks, the transfer window has shut.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
well there you have it. Thanks mank

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Gurnox said:
He's stalling over his contract and has publicly stated that he'll only stay at Liverpool if they can guarantee him Champions' League.

He's never stated that the papers just say it so much that people think he really said it now.

Speculation I think, think Real have other players in mind for their big summer signing before Owen.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Munkey said:
well there you have it. Thanks mank

Sorry, I reread it and it came across as a bit cuntish :) Not my intention!

Also, as Stimpy says, Carlos Quieroz has already identified Henry and RvN as his summer targets, as it's unlikely he'll get either perhaps he'd settle for Owen? I doubt it myself.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
Sorry, I reread it and it came across as a bit cuntish :) Not my intention!

Also, as Stimpy says, Carlos Quieroz has already identified Henry and RvN as his summer targets, as it's unlikely he'll get either perhaps he'd settle for Owen? I doubt it myself.

Jesus! If you can't be opinionated about sport of all things...... You certainly don't come across as being cuntish so don't worry.

I have it on advice that this is the situation:

Real have an 'agreement' that Owen will not get a new contract. There are ways of doing things outside of transfer windows :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
If Owen doesn't sign a new contract and goes to Real Madrid on a bosman, which I presume is what you're implying, then Liverpool have every right to be highly fucked off. Mind you, how old is Owen now? Is he over 24?

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I think he is 24. Why would Liverpool be annoyed at him going? He has been there since he was a nipper and given a lot for the club, won them trophies etc.

Just because their manager cant sort the team out this season and has brought a load of shite in therefore not showing great prospeect for the forethcoming season why shouldnt Owen go to a team that is challenging trophies every season and has world class players througout.

Where Liverpool have 2 Owen and Gerrard.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't Owen's contract run out in the summer of 2005, so they can still try to get him to sign for a few months and if he won't flog him this summer, I doubt they will let him go on a free not after McManaman.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Regardless of what a player has given to a club, you still want a decent transfer fee when losing one of your most important assets.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I know this is horrendously late, but it will never happen.

Owen clearly isn't good enough for Real Madrid. He's barely good enough for Liverpool these days. If Real sign anyone I suspect it may well be Francesco Totti (prolly a better signing than Owen, Ruud or Henry imo) as Roma are starting to run into financial difficulty and may not be able to keep him on. I doubt he'd go anywhere else in Italy (he's too much of a Roma fan - it would be like Del Piero moving from Juventus), so Real make sense from his pov aswell. This is all purely conjecture, but I believe Real will be spending money again this summer - we might aswell start takin bets on who they buy :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:

Owen clearly isn't good enough for Real Madrid. He's barely good enough for Liverpool these days. If Real sign anyone I suspect it may well be Francesco Totti (prolly a better signing than Owen, Ruud or Henry imo) as Roma are starting to run into financial difficulty and may not be able to keep him on. I doubt he'd go anywhere else in Italy (he's too much of a Roma fan - it would be like Del Piero moving from Juventus), so Real make sense from his pov aswell. This is all purely conjecture, but I believe Real will be spending money again this summer - we might aswell start takin bets on who they buy :)

That's a good shout Bod, may well be worth sticking a tenner on that happening.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Bodhi said:

I agree with all of that except "prolly a better signing than... Henry". Much as it pains me to say it (as a Utd fan), there would be no better signing for anyone than Henry right now. Not that the gooners would give him up anyway.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
errr
if owen does go to madrid where will he play?

not like raul and ronaldo are just gonna say 'here have my spot'

Bodhi

DaGaffer said:
I agree with all of that except "prolly a better signing than... Henry". Much as it pains me to say it (as a Utd fan), there would be no better signing for anyone than Henry right now. Not that the gooners would give him up anyway.
In the Premiership certainly, however there are players on the continent on better form at the moment.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Bodhi said:
In the Premiership certainly, however there are players on the continent on better form at the moment.
Like kaka for AC, damn he looks like an amazing player.

Bodhi

Clearly. His goals against Deportivo were top drawer. I'd also nominate

Zinedine Zidane (as always)
Roberto Carlos (as he is the greatest footballer ever)
Totti
Antonio Cassano
Andrei Shevchenko

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I would be surprised if Owen went to Madrid more because the word is that his fitness and consistency this season have put them off him for the time being and they are more likely to move for Rudd Van Horseface or Henry (doubt they would get Henry though) or it wouldnt surprise me if they went to the continent as mentioned prev , people like Vieri etc probably a better prospect than Owen at the moment , although Real did approach Djibril Cisse twice recently but he is adamant he is going to Liverpool - maybe this is an indication they are still shopping around. who knows...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I cant see what they should do with Owen. Their attack is gr8, and he doesn't fit in their style, so I dont think he is leaving Liverpool atm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom