Owen to newcastle?

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
Jesus. You'd think they have one the champions league or something. Do they really need to open the ground and have a fucking huge party over it? 1 player isn't going to suddenly make you an awesome team. He didn't even want to go there, it was only because Liverpool weren't prepared to pay 16million. The crowd are chanting "Souness, Souness" as if they bloody love him now.

He turned down his home club to join us, it's not like he needs the money is it - and he could easily have refused the move.
Us geordies like to show people that they're welcome. That extends to current England strikers pretty well too.

If we ever do win anything, especially the champions league, then get up to the toon because I guarantee you'll never see a party like it :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Kari said:
He turned down his home club to join us, it's not like he needs the money is it - and he could easily have refused the move.

Actually Benitez refused to pay 16million for a player they sold at half that price only a year ago. :p He even admitted live at the conference that Liverpool was his first option.

"If you ever win anything" ... I won't make any travel plans yet then :p

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
Actually Benitez refused to pay 16million for a player they sold at half that price only a year ago. :p He even admitted live at the conference that Liverpool was his first option.

"If you ever win anything" ... I won't make any travel plans yet then :p

Aye but a player like that can still refuse to be sold, or at least refuse to agree personal terms - I'm looking on the brightside here, not been a lot of brightside to the toon army for a while & to be frank, you get a bit used to being a bit crap :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Its sad that Owen (1) couldn't return to his hometown club; (2) was daft enough to leave it in the first place and (3) that he made his dislike for Newcastle so obvious.

I do hope he settles quickly for his new club and sets the place alight. They do love their strikers up there -- I remember, quite a few years ago now, Wolves beating them and Steve Bull (remember him) scoring a hat trick. Despite seeing their team lose they gave him a standing ovation. Fantastic crowd.

Souness is still a clueless half-wit though.

nakkiel

Fledgling Freddie
Mobius said:
Jesus. You'd think they have one the champions league or something. Do they really need to open the ground and have a fucking huge party over it? 1 player isn't going to suddenly make you an awesome team. He didn't even want to go there, it was only because Liverpool weren't prepared to pay 16million. The crowd are chanting "Souness, Souness" as if they bloody love him now.

there's nothin more fickle than fans.

as for daft reasons to celebrate, can't beat shitty proposing to have a parade through manc in an open top bus when they won promotion back into the premiership :m00:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Just read that Solano's going back to Newcastle ... despite being Villa's player of the season last year and by far our best midfielder. David O'Dreary's lost the plot -- or just trying to make his mid-table prediction come true. Muppet.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, it's fantastic news for the toon tbh, solano's always been a class player - we should never have let you have him in the first place hehe.

It's amazing, for the first time in ages I've got a smile on me face about the toon - the poster above is right, there's nowt as fickle as fans. But with shearer/owen being supplied by solano & the spaniard who's name I cant remember albert summat - it's looking up. And I think letting jenas go to spurs was a good move also tbh, allows us to settle the midfield a little.

Anyway we'll see

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Jenas is overated, in all honesty Newcastle have a shite record at bring young talent up to a high standard of football.

Dyer was one of the brightest young talents around when they bought him. He has under achieved in every aspect as a player since his move. He has lightning pace but his lack of quality when it comes to passing, scoring and creating an end product is woeful.

Jenas was exactly the same bright young star with all the potential in the world, very average midfield player, not enough about him to hold his own with the rest of the premiership stars, very one dimensional.

Gotta wonder if it is the player lack of ambition or the coaching staff behind the scenes.

Michael Chopra pretty much hit all Shearers goal records in the reserves lower level games, even being touted as the first English (Asian) to play for the England first team. He has been coming through for years but they have not even given him a chance. Yet Ameobi plays week in week out and if your being honest hes is not a Premiership quality forward.

Anyway always nice to see Newcastle buzzing from the football, and if told last year that Owen, Luque, Parker, Emre and Solano would be at the Toon this season I think most fans would have said never gonna happen but would love it if it did.

Cal

Yaka

Part of the furniture
since when was pool his home town club?

didnt owen go to the manchester FA school of exxelance? and he is welsh aint he?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom