overreacting?

Myrthe

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder how your reaction would be to the following.

Lately i have been camping for Orions belt encounter a lot,2 weeks real life to be exact.(famous for my luck)

When it finaly popped i was grouped with my bufbot and two other players,at the end of the fight 3 out of 4 had credit and i had none.

Thinking this was not working as intended i filed a complaint with the customerservice explaining i was not a happy camper.

surprise surprise....

Thank you for the report, we will investigate the reported issue with this encounter. We cannot grant encounter credit however, to some degree we have to rely on the game mechanics as they are implemented. We focus our efforts on identifying and, when possible, fixing the problems and should you have any more information regarding the circumstances under which this encounter is causing problem, please report them, it may speed up investigation and a possible fix.

In my opinion this boiled down to thanks mate,let us finish our lunch and get lost.

Still being not happy i asked em to either reset the encounter(so i can kill the stupid mob again) or give me the credit i should have gotten the first time,cant take another 2 weeks sitting at that stupid isle.

Please realise that no-one and least of all us forced you to camp an artifact for 2 weeks.
In the large majority of cases artifact and other encounters give credit. In some isolated cases they don't. It's bad luck and that's it.
We do not grant artifact credit and we don't pop artifact encounters.

Cant help wondering why its called "customersupport" if theres no support given.

Being very mad at the moment im tempted to go to the other side of the pond so i have at least ingame support instead of some "sorry we cant help you with that problem" script generating autoreplies.

How would you guys react to the situation?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
what if they werent lying and actually cant give you the encounter?
i think you are just getting pissed off because goa wont change their rules just for you

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I camped that very same arti for a couple of weeks, though, in my case it didn't want to drop. :p What level is the char you killed it with? Some artifacts don't give credit unless you are of a sufficiently high level, Orions Belt is, I believe, a level 30 item.

Myrthe

Fledgling Freddie
the char that didnt get the credit is a 44 ranger,the 42 bb did get credit.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
if this'd happen to me, I'd be very tempted to take the car, drive 700km's to paris, find the GoA office, and beat the hell out of them.....

so, your reaction? nah... I don't think it's overreacting...

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
*shrug*

A couple weeks ago, I RightNowed a problem with my DAOC client, which frequently tends to "forget" some /qbinds. The response was something along the lines of: "Hey, that´s very interesting! We don´t know wtf it is, but keep investigating. Good job, thanks for the input."

Bahumat

FH is my second home
there are logs to prove ppl bug abuse, imo they have logs for everything so you just need to give them the info so they can search through the logs

the logs imo will show you hitting that mob and it dieing, if you specify a time and date they can check to see if you were hitting the mob.

you will ofc get the "well i cba to go through the logs again" then if you question this you get the "well tbh i dont have to help on this it was more a favour"

i refuse to believe they cant see your logs indicating the mob being killed.....if they search hard enough they will find it but hey, who cares about us as long as they get their money.

which ever gm etc reads this.....tell us about what you can and cant see in the logs, if someone can get banned and you can tell where and when they were, then why not for an arte.

also what stops you re-popping the mob? there must be a command to do this.

I get the feeling you have alot more tools than you let us know about....i also seem to find you use these when you feel like it...we are not always happy with the support and we dont really get answers that satisfy us....
customer support said:
We cannot grant encounter credit however, to some degree we have to rely on the game mechanics as they are implemented

its such a generic answer, no useful information as such

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I bet you they close the rightnow call.

In my company, when we say we are investigating something we're not allowed to close the call until we have a solution.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tears said:
I bet you they close the rightnow call.

In my company, when we say we are investigating something we're not allowed to close the call until we have a solution.

and if the call is closed the user can have it re-opened as with my company

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
goa never grant artefact/encounter credit. They never have and they never will... What makes you so special that they can change their rules?

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Myrthe said:
Thank you for the report, we will investigate the reported issue with this encounter. We cannot grant encounter credit however, to some degree we have to rely on the game mechanics as they are implemented. We focus our efforts on identifying and, when possible, fixing the problems and should you have any more information regarding the circumstances under which this encounter is causing problem, please report them, it may speed up investigation and a possible fix.

In my opinion this boiled down to thanks mate,let us finish our lunch and get lost.

no this boiled down to "thanks for reporting the bug, we focus our efforts on Identifying and fixing problems, we can not grant you credit for encounters because we depend on the game mechanics to grant u credit.

So cool down, and try again. GoA answered your question sufficiently.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
They should give you the encounter or respawn the mob imo because it most be a bug that you did not get credit if you where hitting the mob an being the right lvl.. This just show how fuckt goa is an always have been :touch:

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
if they did give credit/respawn etc think what would happen;

few ppl kill gov, one person is out of grp deliberatly and obviously dosent get credit.

amgad we didnt get credit! respawn it for us! kill it again, get all loot etc.. would be abused so people could kill one encounter multiple times

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:

few ppl kill gov, one person is out of grp deliberatly and obviously dosent get credit.

amgad we didnt get credit! respawn it for us! kill it again, get all loot etc.. would be abused so people could kill one encounter multiple times

Then they could check logs an c he was not in grp/bg an it was hes own fault..

Tilda

I think the only person who's overreacting is you.
GOA have policies such as this for a reason, there are only 3 GM's for the UK servers, if they said, "sure, just pm us if it bugs and we'll respawn it" a) their workload would double, in their already busy timetables, this would slow things down a lot.
Then you have to consider how it would happen, what if one person needed to log before it could be respawned. Is it really fair to respawn it for them when one of the people who might have got a roll on the first drop, perhaps wouldn't on the respawn.
To be honest, I think it opens a whole can of worms, and its far simpler for the GM hand book just to say "no artifact respawns or credit" than to say "well we can only do it if you're all here, and then we have to check server logs etc"
Its all about where you draw the line. Its far easier, and less hastle and causes much less greif for GM's if you have a strict "no respawns no credit" rule, than a rule where its harder to draw the line.

Tilda

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:

You have no idea of game mechanics and the ability to extract a log of a particular time showing data and information such as items picked up, group buildup etc.?

pet.spammer

Fledgling Freddie
There really needs to be a big banner on the goa site saying "No ingame support" if something ingame fucks up dont hassle us with it because our 3 GM's are too busy/dont believe you/cant be assed etc.

Should you be on the USA server the /appeal would have resulted in another happy customer.

As they wont give us the option of moving our chars to USA servers we have no choice other than to put up with piss poor service for the forseable future.

Its no surprise Mythic have opened their own Euro office now. I bet they sick of the emails they get every day from pissed off euro players.

Uber

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
pet.spammer said:
Should you be on the USA server the /appeal would have resulted in another happy customer.

No, you'd have been in a queue for 6 hours and then been told exactly the same thing most likely.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Had the toon sseen the arbitor, it aint said anywhere but there are a few artifacts where you need to speak to the arbitor in order to get credit for the encounters... this comes down to some coding left over from beta that required all toa stuff to be done after speaking to it... it gets coded out in 1.75 but till then it remains annoying... dont know i hat the problem with this one though

Gamah

Banned
pet.spammer said:
There really needs to be a big banner on the goa site saying "No ingame support" if something ingame fucks up dont hassle us with it because our 3 GM's are too busy/dont believe you/cant be assed etc.

GM's have always helped me out when ever i have had a problem, quite frankly you bullshit whining is pissing me off, do us all a favour and f off to the Yank servers.

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
No, you'd have been in a queue for 6 hours and then been told exactly the same thing most likely.

would rather wait 6 hours then waiting 1 week :touch: i know its not always it takes 1 week but everytime i have to use rightnever i have to wait 1 week if not more...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Last time I submitted a Rightnow request (bugged Catas quest), Requiel PM'd me in-game to start working on it no more than 15 minutes after it had been logged on the GOA site.

Fucking excellent response IMO.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i asked requiel for a cheese sword but he said no.....i still wanna spam hug him tho :)

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Bugz said:
You have no idea of game mechanics and the ability to extract a log of a particular time showing data and information such as items picked up, group buildup etc.?

ok what if a member of a grp just moved out of range and then complained about credit? if he dosent leave the zone, unless thats recorded too.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
It's just that those people whose problems aren't immediately responded to are a lot noisier than the people whose problems are attended to. Add that to the fact that the people on FH are a minority of the people playing the game and it seems the service sucks when it really doesn't.

(The Noisy People Are More Right Than The Quiet Ones Principle)

Any problem I contacted GMs for or RN'd for was resolved. Sometimes immediately, sometimes I had to wait a day. No big deal.

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
*shrug*

A couple weeks ago, I RightNowed a problem with my DAOC client, which frequently tends to "forget" some /qbinds. The response was something along the lines of: "Hey, that´s very interesting! We don´t know wtf it is, but keep investigating. Good job, thanks for the input."

Thats interesting, I have a similar problem.

When I clear a bound key via the /keyboard menu it will be uncleared
the next time I log in again. (no I didnt LD this happens all the time)

The solution is to set keyboard shortcuts before you log on to your toon
at the character selection menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom