Overpowered chars in bg1

Goto

Fledgling Freddie
Well this post is send to that ppl that use overpowered chars.Tbh they are mostly mids: skald,zerker,healer,BD and Warlorck.And 2 albs chars:sorcerer and infil.To that ppl using those chars,well I only want you to know 1 thing simple.Yes you killing us but,do you fell uber for it?.Example Bonedancer:This char I think you must go to school like 3 years to learn how to play it... mmmm let's see what I have to do(so many things)... ah yes instant lifetap and now mmmmm, ah yes sprint!.that is example 1.Example Warlorck:this char need another 3 or 4 years to learn.mmmm a caster mmmm,instant dot... ok that one dead,next one...Example Zerker:moose and kill anything in 2 hits.Example skald:this is prolly the char I hate more.With my bard I allways trying to mezz ofc but well,I have nothing to do if he instant snare me while casting and when he comes closer instant mezz so imposible to duo VS that he also do good damage and got everything instant.Nerf midgard instant things and you are like nothing.ok with skald instant mezz,but at least snare range 700 like mezz so I have a chance to mezz him before he instant interrump me.Example healer:too many things+druid heals.Example Infil: the 2.5 points=kill any other rogue.Example Sorcerer:1850 mezz with quickcast.Other dangerous duo,sorcerer+caba for example.0% chance to mezz if my lulably dont works,cause he quickcast.I am talking about this as bard for u understand me. The idea of this post is not cry like a child,I only want you (ubers) know what you got and what is?:advantage,and if you fell uber for killing us like that,ok be happy :p

Goto

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes I am thinking about make 1 or 2 overpowered hibs chars and yes they are bainshe and Vampire,maybe like that we got a little chance to win :p. BTW Energy Vortex got 1 of those chars,just 1 Bainshe (Areusa) and the few times he came out and play he killed,well,like a daemon.old chars ftw

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
a friendly tip ; the game/class balance isnt based on thidranki rvr.

:m00:

Dalby

Fledgling Freddie
get a clue... Skalds an zerker is not overpowert tbh.. But what about baseline stun? thats not overpowert? :twak: an vamps ofc

Staffzor

Fledgling Freddie
Goto said:

So albs should use Theurgists for mezz, or minstrels else any time you die the Albs used zero skill?

That is the idea of a group, maybe get other memebers to lay down any interputs they have so you can get a mezz off, or split up to avoid all getting mezzed.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
zerkers Op'd omg lol...

i mean i respect u m8 as u a damn good bard but i'll tell u summot zerkers r not OP'd :)

for example today i was killed by a yellow earth theurg probably not 24 in /level stuff and he was unbuffed? :)

i get owned by sorcs all the time stick pet on me, run, i stop to kill pet they nuke, run, nuke, etc etc try to catch up but no (they sprint) me ooe etc

blademasters imo are more oped than zerker, side stun owns, back snare style owns, and triple wield rox also :)

what bout mercs? anytime stun o-O the I win button dirty tricks and the fact u can combine this sick class with the Half ogre race :>

beating a zerker in 1v1 is a piece of cake if u know how to play a caster, and from playing one myself and the situations i have found myself in solo they r definatly NOT overpowered.

any tank that doesn't have spells and stuff to interupt is in no way overpowered

nice topic tho ^^ see u around

Raeva

noblok

Part of the furniture
My eyes...

On a serious note: get over it, the game is fairly balanced, even in Thid. I could add a whole lot of thing to your list, but I won't. Do you know why? Because I don't care, it's only a game. If you cannot beat them with equal numbers, bring more and be done with it.

If you really can't get over it, add the following classes to your list: armsman, mercenary, paladin, reaver, cleric, friar, minstrel, scout, cabalist, theurgitst, wizard, necromancer, heretic, bard, druid, warden, blademaster, hero, champion, eldritch, enchanter, mentalist, nightshade, ranger, animist, valewalker, thane, warrior, savage, shaman, hunter, shadowblade, runemaster, spiritmaster, valkyrie.

Blokkie, overpowered Thane

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
hehe and u m8 we had a few nice fights :) and major LOL at blokkie :) :cheers: :cheers: :

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Every realm has something considered to be overpowered.
Bd's aren't that hard to kill if you take out the heal pet first. A well played dark sm or cave shammy is far more op than a bd. As for zerks, root/kite/stun/mezz when they pop vendo if you cannot take the dmg.
Hib has loads of classes with instas(chanter, valewalker, bard, eldritch, etc), so does alb(sorc, mincer, caba, theurg, heretic etc).

So in conclusion I think any well played, well equipped class can be considered op. Bad spec/gear is probably the most common reason some might feel they underperform(not aimed at anyone).

Ovo/Sera

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
ofc not forgetting if all chars are overpowered none are....

:D

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Strega said:
Bd's aren't that hard to kill if you take out the heal pet first Ovo/Sera

True... But have many times you get the chance for doing that? You would need mezz for that an only 3 alb classes got mezz an same goes for hib i think.. So if you are a tank with no cc? Then it would be stupid to start beating down the healer imo an if you start hitting the bd he will just use some of his noob skills like strafing so you cant do any styles an then you have to beat him down with no styles an gl with that...

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Most of the time you say overpowered you mean 1 vs 1.

Well lets take the zerker vs Eld.

Melee, zerker wins.
Range, stun nuke nuke nuke, Eld wins.

it all depends on the situation, you cant expect all classes to be equal in 1 vs 1
And most ppl play Thid to try out new classes, they dont play there to molest ppl. or not all do.

And btw Merc dont have anytime stun, stun is second in chain and only for crush mercs.(reason most are crush, but also because merc autotrain in slash/thrust)

Some days ago I had some great duels with a bunch of mids and a couple of hibs and I agree merc is a very good class at that(without DT I might add) but its not a sure win, I lost some too.
No class is a sure win, except maybe warlock, but that issue is old and gotten boring.

RS|Pikoah

Fledgling Freddie
In thid it all comes down to equipment/bb, if you have rog gear you wont be as good as others in sc'd, it is a has simple as that.
OP classes in thid arnt OP, just well set up, maybe in a nice group or can play the class well, the fact is that most classes CAN kill msot other.

(edit: excapt bd's/warlocks and the blatent OP classes)

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
True... But have many times you get the chance for doing that? You would need mezz for that an only 3 alb classes got mezz an same goes for hib i think.. So if you are a tank with no cc? Then it would be stupid to start beating down the healer imo an if you start hitting the bd he will just use some of his noob skills like strafing so you cant do any styles an then you have to beat him down with no styles an gl with that...

Wasn't supposed to make an issue out of this, merely pointing out that each class is vulnerable in some way. Besides, any descent merc/bm/arms/hero can easily 2 shot a heal pet. Played both merc and bm fyi.

Baldrian

Fledgling Freddie
Eeben said:
Sorry :( But i cant help it.. I really hate bds..

Everybody does, comes form playing a "normal" caster. ;)
That dont mean you cant kill them. :p BD's are some of my most enjoyable kills. :)

The thing about bd's is that ppl is too stupid to know how to take em out. In molvik i have a druid at hib/pryd, and my friend has a blademaster. We take out bd,s and warlocks and all very easy, even 2 warlocks and 2 bds at same time. But when i play bd in molvik here, i can solo out 4-8ppl quite easy. The problem is that ppl dont know how to kill a bd, for an example, if u run on a bd wiht a tank, hit the commander first, then the bd as the healerpets then will heal pet first instead of bd. If u are lucky enough to have a stun style, use that, and the bd is 100% dead

Bloodclot

Banned
healers OP'd in bg1?.... why. cause they have AE mezz. k..
and their only insta is a single target heal(lvl12mend) and a insta groupheal at v high mending spec(22? so leaves no room for nice ae mezz),.

Papamitsos

Fledgling Freddie
Pss Tomaterito atleast my OVERPOWERED skald aint do spam /rude after 6vs1 fight (remember that moment when i attack u at HB and the rest group just come after 5 secs an jump me u did spam /rude)
I didnt take screenshots :( just to let everyone see how overpowered are skalds
i do respect even a vamp or a warlock if they play to enjoy game
I dont have problem with EV they dont kill me when they see me solo i just hate spam /rude

Goto

Fledgling Freddie
A pair of comments, about the baseline stun of casters in hibernia.Duration of it is like 3-4 sec,that means you can only cast 2 spell,if you are pbaoe 1,if that is overpowered come GOD and see it(spanish expresion :p)at lvl 50 is diferent ofc,like 7-9 sec stun.About healer overpowered,I must reckon he isnt so overpowered in BG1,its damn hard at 50.Anyway you wont see many healers in thid,is a pitty cause I think is a funny class,and make duels more funny.About sorcerer at bg1,k you are rigth,you need that 1850 range cause you die in 3 hits.Anyway I was meaning in lvl 50.Toatized is like 2000 range mezz with quickcast,also ML5 hability make you uber,was a fail add him to overpowered list,like healer.But Zerker mmmmm,you say it is not overpowered,well imo yes I think is better than BM,main reason the vendo mode.Compare the 7 min hability with BM one.is like a world of diference.btw this post is totally friendly so dont fell I am atacking you.I just want you see the things like me,my opinion. /hug everybody :p

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
i play a very Gimpy SB and because i put 4p into him i got a decent set of stuff

i can kill anything and be killed by anything.
goodbye QQ more

lovelyinfil

Loyal Freddie
hahaha such whinethread Go....

almost made me wet my pants, maybe someone play OP classes, but its needed when you come running with ur FG killin soloers

kiss my :kissit: and stop the whining

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
Lovelyinfil = Gasty!? and that was u playing this evening?

if so wheres all the adding/ruining duels/and general lameness come from all of a sudden? when u played your infil we spoke some and i swear u used to be dead against all the things u did tonight.

anyway apologies if it werent u controlling the char (i still cant believe u were, havin known and respected u when u was on alb as your inf)

lovelyinfil

Loyal Freddie
Ashton said:
Lovelyinfil = Gasty!? and that was u playing this evening?

if so wheres all the adding/ruining duels/and general lameness come from all of a sudden? when u played your infil we spoke some and i swear u used to be dead against all the things u did tonight.

anyway apologies if it werent u controlling the char (i still cant believe u were, havin known and respected u when u was on alb as your inf)

yes it was me playing this evening, and normaly im against adding and respect duels, but tonight thid was totaly dead exept the few duels that was going on. Im very sory that i ruined some fights, but the " no action " made me do silly things, and i started hitting everything i saw just to get some action. it wount happen again.

again.. my apologies friend, and the one in thid i respect the most :)

Ashton

Loyal Freddie
lovelyinfil said:
yes it was me playing this evening, and normaly im against adding and respect duels, but tonight thid was totaly dead exept the few duels that was going on. Im very sory that i ruined some fights, but the " no action " made me do silly things, and i started hitting everything i saw just to get some action. it wount happen again.

again.. my apologies friend, and the one in thid i respect the most :)
ok m8 thanks :)

maybe i've overreacted a little also so im sorry if i have.

/group hug :wub:

and nerf using 2 threads for this, shall we say, discussion

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Papamitsos said:
Pss Tomaterito atleast my OVERPOWERED skald aint do spam /rude after 6vs1 fight (remember that moment when i attack u at HB and the rest group just come after 5 secs an jump me u did spam /rude)
I didnt take screenshots :( just to let everyone see how overpowered are skalds
i do respect even a vamp or a warlock if they play to enjoy game
I dont have problem with EV they dont kill me when they see me solo i just hate spam /rude
Nice reply :cheers:

hakoir

Fledgling Freddie
Goto said:
A pair of comments, about the baseline stun of casters in hibernia.Duration of it is like 3-4 sec,that means you can only cast 2 spell,if you are pbaoe 1,if that is overpowered come GOD and see it(spanish expresion :p)

in 2 spells u mostly dead if not in chain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom