Out of memory error

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Keep getting this annoying error while playing DAOC for awhile, it says something like

Library error
Out of memory

Happens after about 3-4 hours of play

dug around the net and seen people having the same problems but no fixes - system specs are:

E8400 (None oc'd)
6gig Corsair dd2 800 ram
ATI 4890 1gig x2 crossfire

Using vista ultimate 64bit latest sp and all that jazz

Any ideas? because theres no way in the world am I running out of any memory

Edit: Forgot to mention this is only happening with daoc, played Left 4 Dead 2 last night for 6 hours solid and no error, also no error with Borderlands or Modern Warfare 2.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Same, Win7/64bit, 8 Gb RAM and ATI Radeon 5850

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Well I got the same error a whiled back. Win7/32bit, Duel Xeon's 2.7Ghz, 3gb RAM, Radeon 3850 AGP.

Think Puppet (or someone else) already mentioned that it may be the Radeon card causing trouble, although Afran hade crashes while alt tapping with his nVidia gfx.

Obviously it's a memory leak. Anyone tried running DAoC in compatability mode (windows xp s3 or windows 2000)? See if it still happends.

Same goes for Afran btw, you could try that.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Someone said its an ATI problem on this forum. I have it and I also have ATI. It's supposidly the weapon effects peoples weapons leave once they've buggered off?

Preatoria

Loyal Freddie
it really strange, it only happend to me twice yet. Once when we had INC in Agramon = FAIL and once just random but both in rvr ...

Khazar

Fledgling Freddie
Any solution into this? out of memory error happens to me too :( amd phenom 4X and ati 5850 hd card here. 4gb DDR3 ram.

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
Bit late on the reply, i know

But here's what I know...

When daoc gets up to using around 1.9gb / 2gb of ram, it'll die.

It's mostly been reported by ATI users... the problem is less evident / occurent with NVIDIA gfx card users.

Some people have said that it's the chipset on the motherboard...

There is a fix/hack, which involves changing a flag somewhere in daoc which allows it to use more than 2gb of memory, however the patcher repatches this back to limiting to 2gb, so you have to *hack* the game to not check the files on start.

This will of course only put off the crash until later. Yes it's pretty much a bad memory leak... supposedly fixed by using an NVIDIA card, but if it's the mobo's chipset i dunno...

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
I only got this problem during the DF event.. running on a laptop with 4gb of memory - win7/64bit.. dont know any solution tho

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nvidia cards don't fix it sadly I tried it not so long ago with a GTX 275 and it still crashed all the same.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone got some sort of fix for this crap, and no i dont wanna relog each 3h.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
why ? you dont wanna loose the imba stats ? 45k/rp's per hour ? :p

Its more when i start having fun it crashes me. sometimes 3h sometimes 2h depending on how many/zerg in zone

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
There is a fix/hack, which involves changing a flag somewhere in daoc which allows it to use more than 2gb of memory, however the patcher repatches this back to limiting to 2gb, so you have to *hack* the game to not check the files on start.

32bit systems only allow for any one program to address 2GB of mem.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
This might help:

VN Boards - Memory issue

robbie1687 said:
This problem has nothing to do with hard disks or affinity. It's a memory leak. Memory leaks happen because applications (in this case, game.dll) fail to deallocate memory when they are finished with it. The application keeps allocating memory but never deallocates it, so eventually it runs out. The failure to deallocate is a bug.

To be more precise, in this case, game.dll is running out of virtual address space. That's why only game.dll is affected, and that's why CherubXT's work-around, reported above, postpones the problem.

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
I took the easier way, just bought a new gfx and all sorted :> :worthy:

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Many moons ago I had a CTD issue using a Radeon whilst playing DAoC. I tried pretty much everything there was, 23 different drivers (including Omegas), stress test of CPU, memory checked both in system and pulled and used in others, gfx card pulled and used in other machines. I even seated everything on a new mobo. Everything worked.

My guess is there is just something about certain Radeon chipsets combined with mobo chipsets that DAoC plainly doesn't like. I bought an nVidia and the problem was solved instantly so I know it's not helpful but I'd do that.

With DAoC it's not like you need an awesome card - 9800GT is cheap on ebay etc. (I'd do that rather than low end 4 series tbh).

Still the best MMORPG ever, I miss DAoC. :(

Oh and hello Netcode!! :clap:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Trying a method from Vnboards now, i've forced DAOC to allocate more than 2gig of ram to DAOC by patching the DAOC.exe and bypassing the patcher (so it cant unpatch the patch) how to below so you dont have to dig around vnboards for both methods:

Bypass DAOC Patcher: (This needs to be done to stop DAOC from unpatching the 4gig patch)
Open a new Notepad and type "Start login.dll" then save-as daoc.bat (save it to where every your daoc.exe is) then simply double click the daoc.bat and it'll skip the patcher and start DAOC directly.

Force DAOC to use 4gig instead of 2gig of ram max:

Download http://ntcore.com/Files/4gb_patch.zip - double click the .exe and guide it to your daoc.exe and click patch/ok (feel free to scan it first incase you're worried about a virus)

- - - - - -

did that and I havent had an "Out of memory" error since on daoc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Is it smooth still?

nope, I actually still get the errors but since it increased it to 4gig useage I get more play time before the errors occur (record was around 8 hours play without an error after the 4gig patch and about 3-4 hours before)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom