OT. Troll's homewurk. Plees hulp

M

Mousey

Me kannot play da game until me dun da sums home-wurk.

Dis is it... pleese kan a brayny purson hulp mees?

me ave gotta ake in da upstairs bit of me cus of dis sillee sum...

Tnk oo

Three Trolls go into a hotel and are charged 30 gold for a room for the night. They each hand over ten gold to the manager and go to their room.
Later the bellboy knocks on their door and says that the manager has decided that the room should only have been charged at 25 gold for the night and has sent him up with five gold refund.
Because he can't work out how to share the refund amongst the three Trolls equally, he is a Kobold, the bellboy gives them 1 gold each and keeps the remaining 2 gold for himself.

So now each of the Trolls has paid 9 gold each (i.e 27 gold in total). The bellboy has the other two pounds which makes 29 gold.

What happened to the other gold?

A

Alrindel

Troll answer: ate it.

Kobold answer: that dwarf over there stole it.

Elf answer: The trolls have each paid 9 gold (27). The innkeeper has 25 and the kobold has 2 (25 + 2 = 27). There is no missing gold. :)

Elf question: how many RPs are the three trolls and the kobold worth?

O

old.Vae

Troll's paid 9 gold each = 27 gold

Manager has 25 and bellboy has 2

S

Spudgie

Vae's got it in one, I've heard this one too many times in the pub.

S

SFXman

Alrindel great answers ;)
Pretty obvious if you think who has what. Manager 25... bell boy 2... trolls 3. 1 gold is not missing :p
Heard that one before btw.

M

Mousey

Tank oo... most kind... now me kan go and bash fings.

A

Anatole

Sorry to spoil this for people trying to work this out, but if you dont want the solution, dont look down.....

I reckon the hotel owner is an Alb, cos he's trying to trick the poor thick trolls.......

The fact is, the trolls are being confused with two different sets of figures... The trolls havent spent 9 gold each.. theyve spent 8.3 g each... the refund sould be 1.6g each so the kobold has to split the 2g beween 3 to give them the extra 0.6g each.

The 27g comes from the 25g they spent and the 2g the kobold still has.

Hehe... and they said the voices were mad.......

They were right, but they can be clever too....

S

SFXman

Right. Look umm... Anatole... I think I will go over there, ok? Ok. *slowly starts walking away and gradually speeds up until REACHES THE SPEED OF MACH 5 AND GETS THE HELL OUT!*

A

Anatole

Dont worry SFXman... Just cos I hear 'em doesnt mean I listen to them.......

Though the one that's always on about starting fires can be pretty insistent sometimes......

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

F

Fafnir

Hehehe

Originally posted by SFXman
Right. Look umm... Anatole... I think I will go over there, ok? Ok. *slowly starts walking away and gradually speeds up until REACHES THE SPEED OF MACH 5 AND GETS THE HELL OUT!*

Oops, i drop my hammer right in SFXman's path... SMACK, as he trips and fly's straight into a tree... Ohhhh, see ol' blod and guts is back...

S

SFXman

Oo *whips out his bow... BANG... died in one* "hmph"

F

Fafnir

Ouch....

Dont look good with that bow sticking out of your ass.. Must hurt alot...

Never seen such a bloody scene before..

/Yell MEDIC, can we get a medic over here

A

Anatole

One of the voices is telling me he used to operate on people.... Would that help?

He didnt mention being a doctor though..........

F

Fafnir

Perhaps...

You could stitch him up, but leave the bow where it is, looks funny like that....

A

Anatole

You could stitch him up, but leave the bow where it is, looks funny like that....

hehe...... If you look closely at his avatar pic, it looks like someone did it already :)

O

old.Alliandre

That was just the string. Looks like the rest has followed now though ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom