OT : Hosting?

O

old.Revz

My current host has become completely unreliable and so I am in search of someone else to host my website with. I was wondering if people had any recommendations? I can pull literally hundreds of different companies out from google but I want one that is stable, reliable and that people have preferably had personal experience with. It would be nice if they were a UK company as well in case anything goes wrong.

I don't need a great deal from a host, something like the following should suit me fine :

• 200MB of disk space
  • 5GB+ of bandwidth per month
  • Multiple SQL databases
  • Support for PHP at the very least
  • Plenty of email options
  • Multiple FTP and shell accounts

I don't mind paying for it (up to £30-40 a month if needs be) so long as the damn thing stays up and I get a quick turnaround on support. I have a large SQL database I backed up from the previous server that I need to restore so it is imperative I get a shell account to do this (or of course the host can do it themselves if they are quick).

O

old.mattshanes

Message scutter in game when hes online from my guild he would be able to help u i am sure:)

D

dittytwo

Originally posted by old.Sami
Don't have personal experience, but I've heard some good things about www.dreamhost.com

Not too expensive either...

have had experiances with netdirect.com (www.ndo.com dialup access)
also with pipex very reliable servers CS needs a little bit of work

also sniffout very good reliable and CS best i have been incontact with

J

Jupitus

Gideon,

we are using me2uweb.com who offer a mixture of packages - I can't tell you about thair support turnaround because I have never had to contact them... there's a hint ;)

Good Luck,
Jup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom