OT: Beware GOA and Wandoo at large again

O

old.Raziel

OT: Beware GOA and Wanadoo at large again

They are publishing and running a new MMO

http://www.ryzom.com/

Nice flash web site again tho, lol about the only thing they can do well :)

O

old.Demerzel

hmm hmmmmm :) :rolleyes:

one thing that looked good thoug:

2. What is the background for Ryzom ?
Ryzom's background draws inspiration from the great tradition of science-fantasy cycles - Frank Herbert's works (Dune…), Hayao Miyazaki (Princess Mononoke…), Isaac Asimov (Foundation…) and Jack Vance (Tschai…).

:D

O

old.Glendower

ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: Laughing so hard, I forgot to paste this:

"3) You acknowledge that Wanadoo Portails may, in its discretion, charge a fee for the Beta Software and/or participation in the Beta Test Program, and your participation in the Beta Test Program is contingent on your payment of such fee(s)"

W

Whoodoo_RD

Looks good tho, but looking at the GFX, youll prob need a nice new hi spec machine to play it.

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by old.Glendower
ROFLMAO!!!

Edit: Laughing so hard, I forgot to paste this:

"3) You acknowledge that Wanadoo Portails may, in its discretion, charge a fee for the Beta Software and/or participation in the Beta Test Program, and your participation in the Beta Test Program is contingent on your payment of such fee(s)"

Probably legal stuff so they can charge people for sending the beta disks etc. You know how NDA, TOS, EULA and so on go. Note that it says "may", not "will".

R

Roo Stercogburn

<--- is dubious.

Lots of waffle, little substance and nothing at a glance that suggests anything groundbreaking. My first thought was a wind-up tbh. It looks like the kind of thing that developers show to distributors to get them excited then don't quite manage to deliver ;)

S

Sharma

Why does this seem like another poor attempt at an MMO that will just go SQUISH under other MMOs?

T

The Fonz

Even if it's an awsome game that changes the way the world views MMORPGs it'll still fail because of the people running it.

Truthfully, who here will actually ever play a MMORPG run by GOA and Wandoo again? I certainly won't.

O

old.Glendower

Fonz is right, and that was what I was laughing at.

The paste was just something that caught my eye...salt on the wound if you will ;b

O

old.Raziel

Yeah i wont play another one run by GOA.

its why i posted it, to give people plenty of warning :)

O

old.Kram

Originally posted by The Fonz
Even if it's an awsome game that changes the way the world views MMORPGs it'll still fail because of the people running it.

Truthfully, who here will actually ever play a MMORPG run by GOA and Wandoo again? I certainly won't.

Word.

A

Apathy

http://www.ryzom.com/downloads/screenshots/640/tryker_fauna02.jpg

tryker_fauna02.jpg

Third-generation my ass...that's just the newbie Midgard SI zone with PALM TREES.

a.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by The Fonz

there's quite a few other companies who all do a worse job then GOA...

have you tried AO after it just launched? or Neocron?
believe me, GOA is a saint compaired to that...

S

Sarum TheBlack

Many remember the dark days just after launch when, in all honesty, GOA didn't appear to have a clue what they were doing. However since then I'd argue service has improved a lot, and there are many, many more MMOG's worse run than DAoC Euro is now... they're a little behind with patches granted, and the XML has been bust a long time (which is apparently Mythics fault, as are many of the problems with patches that GOA get blamed for) and RightNow has a bad reputation (but I can't say I've ever had any problems when I've used it. ) but overall the service is pretty good.. total server downtime is minimal, and almost non existent if you take out scheduled major patches, it's still one of the cheapest MMOG's on the market (despite the highly unpopular price rise) and GOA are trying to run GM events (somewhat unsuccessfully this time, but I'm sure, as with most of their other mistakes, they've learned their lessons, and next time will be better).

I can't say I can complain much overall, and I certainly wouldn't rule out another MMOG altogether simply because of the GOA label on it (there may well be plenty of other reasons not to play this game of course)

O

old.Raziel

One problem with GOA is they talk shite, the amount of stuff they promised and we got 6 months late or never got, they never deliver what they promise.

T

tindel

Originally posted by Apathy
Third-generation my ass...that's just the newbie Midgard SI zone with PALM TREES.

a.

omg you are right :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom