Orions belt or frontier XPing anomaly

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
If you have orions belt / the other arty that gives an XP bonus or like levelling in the frontiers;

Ive recently noticed that when suffer an XP death, you are actually better off releasing and then returning to your grave to pray. This is because you will recieve the Arti XP bonus and/or the frontier bonus on top of the XP returned to you from praying. This is obviously only recommended if you are near to your bind point / portal keep. If you have both orions and are near a frontier keep you can get a significant amount of XP from doing this as they both stack, Obviously not enough to justify dieing ;) but at level 48 or so it is a LOT of XP and can save you some time if you happen to die.

Obviously there is a possible gold cost asscosiated with this, but it can be negated by ml's/ arties / or perfect restoration after an Rvr death.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
If you have orions belt / the other arty that gives an XP bonus or like levelling in the frontiers;

Ive recently noticed that when suffer an XP death, you are actually better off releasing and then returning to your grave to pray. This is because you will recieve the Arti XP bonus and/or the frontier bonus on top of the XP returned to you from praying. This is obviously only recommended if you are near to your bind point / portal keep. If you have both orions and are near a frontier keep you can get a significant amount of XP from doing this as they both stack, Obviously not enough to justify dieing ;) but at level 48 or so it is a LOT of XP and can save you some time if you happen to die.

Obviously there is a possible gold cost asscosiated with this, but it can be negated by ml's/ arties / or perfect restoration after an Rvr death.

Interesting, however where Orions Belt is concerned, 12 orange mobs and its lvl 10 :)

Mistlin

Fledgling Freddie
Don't think that is what he is getting at m8......what I believe he means is that u actually get an xp bonus when u pray after u die. So as well as getting ur normal xp back at ur grave....ur belt gives u a bonus too.

Another thing to mention is that if u wear ur lvl 5 or above Orions Belt when completing quests....u get a bonus from it too....this can mean A LOT of extra xp when doing things like Lost Seed :cheers:

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
The same can be said of going back to your grave if you die to aggressive mobs in the frontier whice you are getting owned keep bonuses... for this purpose the XP you get back praying at your grave is counted by the game as regular XP and you get the bonuses on it.

Hope that made any sense at all... it's late... I'm on holiday...

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
EDIT:
Misinterpreted what zen said;

So to summarise:

Upon dieing you can get extra XP if you pray rather than get rezzed if any of the following are true - (and they all stack)

- Frontier bonus
- Arti XP bonus (orions etc..)
- Keep Take bonus (If you belong to albion)

I imagine if you've got all three you a probably close to making XP off dieing hehe

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
That would be it... thanks for translating my 2am drivel into something coherant.

Bah

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Surely it's all academic though?

In the time you release and return, wait for sickness to pass you could have easily surpassed the xp gain from dying and praying and be better off financially.

I know it's quite a quirky bug, but its not a practical one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom