Origins as stand-alone game?

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Just an idea i worked out.

Just an idea , tell me what you think.

EAMythic has been working on the new server type 'Origins'. This server type is suposed to bring back old things from Dark Age of Camelot pre-ToA, and remove things from after ToA release. As we've all seen, EAMythic has been very busy on Warhammer Age of Reckoning. And this has most likely consumed all workers attention/hours in the MMO section of EA. And therefor put the Origins server type on a hold, or who knows why it's delayed.. point im after is this.

What if EAMythic decided to make Origins a stand-alone game.
Giving it the full attention of a stand-alone game, and not just a add-on/downloadable patch.

Will this perhaps be a chance to make DAoC a success again?

gohan

I am a FH squatter
maybe, but would have to be free for current Doac subcribers (free content not free monthly) but run on its own servers rather than on the list with toa classic co-op ect

cos most old players that said they will give it ago probly wont be willing to shell out another £30 for a game they already played /own

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I don't see the point in the whole server, If they really wanted to make a "this is how it was" server they wouldn't add and/or remove stuff from the game how it was.
It's the same as it went with the Classic servers that totally failed, either go all the way or don't even bother imo.
Not like they can afford to split the little population they have left even further.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I would expect the idea is - if they ever bring it out - that it'll make at least one server where there is the critical mass to give decent action for a long while...prolly kill all the others although. So almost will be stand alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom