Organised Game

D

Davross

Well numbers seem to be dwindling on the servers and I think a lot of this is to do with people taking a peek at the number of people on them and then moving onto to some of the fuller ones.

This is of course a vicious circle and I think it would be good to try and squash this now - so...

All those in favour of a big organised match one evening say "Aye".

I was thinking we could simply set a time for turning up and then try and fill at least one of the servers - we've already lost one of the server boxes because it was under-used - lets try and not become another minority game.

To make things a little more exciting, if people like the idea, I'd be happy to actually have two proper teams with people being allocated a side as they join and trying to stick with it for an evening - this sort of idea will hopefully promote some team communication and dare I suggest, some tactics!

So when's good with people - Friday, Saturday or Sunday evening at say 6pm? Teams or not?

As always, your thoughts please.

Dav

W

Will

I'd prefer a later game, around 9pm. The idea is good, the CS servers are trying a similar thing just now. Two proper teams would be better, but the auto-team balance would have to be disabled. Certainly it is worth a try, if the game fails because people leave, then just change back to just organising a big game.

A

Athan

'We' have #bwbf1942, why not use it for just this purpose? C'mon, you know you want to waste hours otherwise chatting on IRC ;).

-Ath

S

Scooba Da Bass

Yus, I'd like a game on BW occasionally simply because aliasing on the Eauk servers is exposing me to the equivalent of bf1942 aids

X

xane

Aye, but 9pm is better for me.

I know what Scoob means, in BW I totally suck against the superior level of opposition, but stuck on EAUK last night I was running up huge scores with the Sniper Rifle alone, gotta be some challenges out there.

J

Jamanio2

aye

friday eve's post 8pm would be most desirable... kids asleep by then.

Y

Yoni

heh

I would be up for an organised game as would be a few others I know. Friday evening tho is a bit difficult - what about Saturday or Sunday evening???

:sex:

Yoni

A

Athan

Yes, Deadmanwalking, 'we', given I know some people hate IRC still, so I'm not about to unquote it to include everyone :p.

-Ath

S

shabazz

Sunday evening - 8 and after!

So 9 is a good time.

:D

D

Davross

9pm Sunday is generally looking to be quite popular so lets go with that. I suggest we all congregate in #bwbf1942 prior to playing and decide if people want to split into teams.

I may be along a little late - my clan has its first league match in 6 months starting at 8pm - I'll make sure some people are there to organise things in my abscence.

Dav

P

Pro]v[etheus

Monday - Thursday is good for me and 9PM sounds good.

W

wildie

well

looks like it be down to the fact the game is not what ppl expected, cant bunny hop cant use aimbots cant use speed hacks they all work client side but not from the servers point of view :)
or they sick n tried of the map change times, and now the servers only play the map twice, before its a shut down rerun wait connect load game load map and find some ppl already got points and won the map before the rest join..

So you tell me what it is, its dam annoying to join a game 10sec into it the map changes and you have to wait all over again.

btw last night I pinged server said 11 ppl on it joined it was empty happens a lot that don’t help the game play does it

S

Scooba Da Bass

Originally posted by Davross
9pm Sunday is generally looking to be quite popular so lets go with that. I suggest we all congregate in #bwbf1942 prior to playing and decide if people want to split into teams.

I may be along a little late - my clan has its first league match in 6 months starting at 8pm - I'll make sure some people are there to organise things in my abscence.

Dav

Argh, Sunday's a league night for [G]

K

KevinUK

Theres about 15 in the irc room but nobody replies :(
Im off to a non BW server cos nobodies there :eek:

L

lynchet

Good Idea

Not that my presence helps anyone -- except perhaps the opposing side ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom