Ordering LotM options

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
dlgamer for my main account and the box version for my buffbot account so I can play it on release day and still have the box <o/

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
they probably will do but not till a while after release (they did for DR)

Personally I'll get two of each ;)

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

Darkness Rising keys were available on patch day. Rather annoyingly though they only opened the torrent up on the day as well, where as Mythic gives a few days beforehand for the torrent.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
If i remember you could download the darkness rising patch a few days before you could have pre patched.

Although memory isnt great :)

as for labarynth im looking forward to it cant wait to go rvr in the labs :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Darkness Rising keys were available on patch day. Rather annoyingly though they only opened the torrent up on the day as well, where as Mythic gives a few days beforehand for the torrent.

torrent?

there's no reason why they cant release it though... cause if the server isn't upto date then you cant use it anyway

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
And you can always patch to US LOTM client, then on lauch day redirect to EU patcher and download conversion and your done.

All bar getting the serial numbers from DL gamer.

Eble

Everz

FH is my second home
Awarkle said:
If i remember you could download the darkness rising patch a few days before you could have pre patched.

Although memory isnt great :)

as for labarynth im looking forward to it cant wait to go rvr in the labs :)
yus the constant zergs will be great :(

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
Ok I'm assuming a few things here so dont flame me if it goes tits up later on but, as I live in Australia I only really have the digital option to download this game:

I'll be doing the following: I'm assuming LOTM is an update to the DR client (let me know if i'm wrong).

step 1) download expansion from here; http://darkageofcamelot.com/lotm/files/index.php#Full_Exp

step two) update exisiting DR client to LOTM client

Step three) open LOTM client folder and open 'update.dat' file alter to the following :

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/labyrinth/mpatch.dat

Again I've assumed Darkness is replaced by labyrinth (Can some US player confirm please)

Once thats done your all set, just connect to the server when it opens re-patch to Euro version and your done, you still have to go onto your subs page and enter your CD keys, but its very simple this way and lets you get into game much quicker.

EBle

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
yes, it was dependent on a existing DR install on your pc.

IIRC it creates a new folder on your pc (defaults to something like c:\program files\EA Games\something-or-other) and copies files from the DR install and the patch into it - so make sure you have space on your HD

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:

I bought DR key same day as release tbh ...
Would be quite upset if they don't give the option again.

eble@work

Fledgling Freddie
eble@work said:
Ok I'm assuming a few things here so dont flame me if it goes tits up later on but, as I live in Australia I only really have the digital option to download this game:

I'll be doing the following: I'm assuming LOTM is an update to the DR client (let me know if i'm wrong).

step 1) download expansion from here; http://darkageofcamelot.com/lotm/files/index.php#Full_Exp

Step three) open LOTM client folder and open 'update.dat' file alter to the following :

Mythic Patch

Again I've assumed Darkness is replaced by labyrinth (Can some US player confirm please)

Once thats done your all set, just connect to the server when it opens re-patch to Euro version and your done, you still have to go onto your subs page and enter your CD keys, but its very simple this way and lets you get into game much quicker.

EBle

Ok got it all installed now: when you run the patch it copies the whole of your DR folder into a new EA one, so that and the patch is a pretty large 4.14 gigs.

the update.dat needs to be changed to :
Mythic Patch

then you should be good to go, just remember if like me you have two DR clients on one PC you will need a minimum 8.50 gigs to create the new LOTM clients ofc you can delete the DR clients once you have LOTM working fine.

Good luck all

Eble

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
eble@work said:
just remember if like me you have two DR clients on one PC you will need a minimum 8.50 gigs to create the new LOTM clients ofc you can delete the DR clients once you have LOTM working fine.

I just deleted the 2nd account folder and after finishing installing LOTM and patching it, deleted the old 1st account folder and then copied the LOTM to a 2nd folder for the 2nd account.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gahn said:
I bought DR key same day as release tbh ...
Would be quite upset if they don't give the option again.

fair enough - I thought it was a while after release to give their distributors a chance to sell something :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, ordered one from DLGamer - got a number of emails.. The last one seems to have a Code in it, that's a little funky.

3 Digits, dash, 6 digits, dash, 5 digits, dash, 5 digits, dash, 4 digits, dash, 6 digits. Anyone else have a similarly formatted key? And is that the actual LotM key?

The mail has the following line above the code in badly formatted text:

Pre-order keycode exclusive pet in game: the Clockwork Cat ( available the 02/14/2007) Downoading will be available a few days before the release , Dlgamer manager is not available right now.

No hint if that is the actual LotM key or just a way to get the cat. Confusing. :)

MaCaBr3

Banned
eble@work said:

Mythic Patch

EBle
LOTM is not an update it's a NEW client, like DR was to Catacombs and Catacoms was to TOA etc etc.

The only thing you need to do is download the LOTM client. Point out you're OLD DR directory and a new location for the LOTM directory. The reason why LOTM asks the location of the currend DR directory is because it will copy the settings from your DR client.

Ofc if you download the US version, then you'll need to modify the update.dat file to the EU patch server/

Carneus

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone pre-ordered from Play and received their Clockwork Cat code yet?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
really dont know why they wont release it now and patch to lotm on the expected date, its not as if anyone can play it on EU before they patch anyway....but i guess that would be too helpful.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
probably somethign to do with publishers... no point getting the game in stores if noone can play it...

However I think dlgamer are letting you get the files a few days before the servers go live.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I think it's the key and some keys bring a free cat.

this is confusing me - as they appear to have sent the serial code keys but the pre-order mentions that you have to pay an extra 9.99 euros on top of the 10 euros already paid and the 10 euros you've already paid is for a coupon that is redeemed when you pay the 9.99 euros close to launch date.

However, even more confusing is that I ordered 2 copies but only have a single 10 euro coupon :eek7:

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
nvm - emailed them and was told it was a bug - so they've sent me a 2nd one :)

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, ordered one from DLGamer - got a number of emails.. The last one seems to have a Code in it, that's a little funky.

3 Digits, dash, 6 digits, dash, 5 digits, dash, 5 digits, dash, 4 digits, dash, 6 digits. Anyone else have a similarly formatted key? And is that the actual LotM key?

The mail has the following line above the code in badly formatted text:

Pre-order keycode exclusive pet in game: the Clockwork Cat ( available the 02/14/2007) Downoading will be available a few days before the release , Dlgamer manager is not available right now.

No hint if that is the actual LotM key or just a way to get the cat. Confusing. :)

I ordered from Dlgamer also and get the same sort of key as you, i think this is the key you need to activate LOTM. Downloading the client is a bit confusing, i ordered at 31-01-07 and dl the DL manager, but when i tried to, DL the client i got the message: You have dl the neccesary files allready!, erm something like this. Emailed Dlgamer about this but no response, tried to dl today and and its available now, so i have the key and client ready to install :)

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered from Dlgamer also and get the same sort of key as you, i think this is the key you need to activate LOTM. Downloading the client is a bit confusing, i ordered at 31-01-07 and dl the DL manager, but when i tried to, DL the client i got the message: You have dl the neccesary files allready!, erm something like this. Emailed Dlgamer about this but no response, tried to dl today and and its available now, so i have the key and client ready to install :)

That's exactly what I ran into as well. The installer has - on the first screen - French text. So it's going to be interesting to see which language it'll install. o_O

Edit: It just unpacks the content of the CD onto a location you can specify. You have to enter the directory and start the installer manually when it's done. :)

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I ordered from Dlgamer also and get the same sort of key as you, i think this is the key you need to activate LOTM.

Which confuses me as there's 9.99€ outstanding - unless the serial only becomes usable after you've paid DLgamer the remaining amount :confused:

Joohl

Loyal Freddie
Has anyone pre-ordered from Play and received their Clockwork Cat code yet?
not me anyway, but then ofc I also miss my entire shipment due to 3-5 days of delivery.
This combined with the fact play.com say they can't track the shipment until 14days has passed, means they don't realy have to ship the expansion untill like day 10 or so, no country has postal service that bad it takes 14days to track a shipment.

Personaly I think we been screwed by GoA and Play.com, ordering from a place that can't deliver on time, yet another reason to move US as WAR hits the shelves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom