Options of a Runemaster

O

old.Tohtori

So, after a looong loong brake from the call of Odin i decided to make another run for the Runie.

Now, i am not..i repeat...-not- going to make yet another pbt runie just to make people happy in groups. Bitch slap me if you like but i'm selfish this time.

So, what are my options? Evidently darkness spec is no good with only a damage buf and some debuffs.

Only option is a bomber? Sounds a bit rough as choices for a runie.

Discuss. Or just diss and cuss.

G

Gallak

Suppresion - PBT can save your own ass as much as anyone else :), 65% nearsight, DD+snare, slow the bugger down and nuke him before he can reach you.

Dark - nuke nuke and more nukes, with a dash of nuking too.

RC - 2 bolts, GTAE, uber flaming spears effect AE (mmm pretty), cold debuff followed by baseline dark nuke. Super heat debuff! make life easier for firewizzies and chanters, oh and middie tanks with a heat dd proc.

Me and my wife are planning a RM Duo, 26 supp each so we can sync the 10 sec PBT, her RC for the boltsl, GTAE and cold debuffs, me darkness to take advantage of the cold debuff and do ubernukes

Oh and FIX THE FORUMS! :(

S

Solid

47 RC 26 Darkness.

Add +11 Darkness from items, +4 Dark from RR's at RR5 and you sit at a nice respectable 41 Darkness skill.

Debuff your own damage and nuke away using baseline dark nukes for very nice damage :D

Oh and you get a bit of that nice GTAoE , AoE and top end Bolts.

All in all top end Runie spec, allegedly all Bulle af Fetsryk Runies are specced this way and they "PWN" in a big way :D

O

old.Krogar_Thane

unless you have a very supportive guild i dont see how you are gonna find it easy levelling 47 rc, 26 darkness.

i play a runecarver on camlann and it is just a great deal of fun.

2 bolt a level 50 yellow con berserker.

boom, boom, and if he has a twinkle of health left as he charges you, well...back off and drop the rune of decimation.

ouch!...er...i mean yum!

its my considered opinion that 26 supp is just so useful for groups and will make it much easier for you to get groups......your spells are resisted a decent amount against purple mobs, so if you dont bring some bubble to the table....you may not get as many groups as you wish.

having said that.......47 rc and 26 dark sounds nice...if you can get past the PvE part.

i dont think its possible to spec badly as a runemaster...all the specs are viable and a lot of fun.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Discuss. Or just diss and cuss.

/bow

Best play on words I've seen here in ages.

Apologies, but know bugger all about runies. And some would say SMs too :D

D

Dook_Pug

47 RC, 24 Dark, 11 Supp.

50% Cold debuff and nuke with baseline Darkness (Cold) nukes.
Best bolts/AE/GTAoE
Nearsight.

You'll lack PBT so groups will be hard to come by but IMO, the only mages worthplaying in RvR now are debuff nukers. Resists are just too high nowadays to nuke without.

R

razorboy

47 darkness 26 sup

ask kallistor if it works :rolleyes:

O

old.ST200

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
47 RC, 24 Dark, 11 Supp.

50% Cold debuff and nuke with baseline Darkness (Cold) nukes.
Best bolts/AE/GTAoE
Nearsight.

You'll lack PBT so groups will be hard to come by but IMO, the only mages worthplaying in RvR now are debuff nukers. Resists are just too high nowadays to nuke without.

FYI going the debuff route on an RM is ummm crap. Unless you like rvr'ing with a level 43 spell..

47 dark, 26 sup, if you wanna kill stuff. 47 RC, 26 sup, if you wanna kill stuff almost as well and be more useful. 50 supp if you wanna be useful and not kill much.

K

k9awya

JHGSGFDSAFIRBAGIREAGBVREIUAER

47 DARK 26 SUPP

anything else is just twatttttt

no pbt is gay.. how can you not have pbt on an rm, you on crack?

and those without nearsight lol.. rms bestspell, plz die :/

those debuff casters are just lamurs who waste time with debuffing while i got some dmg in my pocket with a nuke, only good if you wanna target people with huge hp's.

its really the only spec with everything !

hrae ;>

C

Carlos Bananos

runie without pbt is like a 2h zerker with no frenzy.

irl

K

katt!

but garnet said 50 darkness pwnzzzzz!!!!!11!!

K

k9awya

garnet was gonna make a char with "stealth and archery" in uo
;<

S

Sarnat

47d/26s
50s/20rc
47rc/2xd

All working specs. If you say supp rm can't kill, you haven't met me and Azurat in RvR.

A

Archeon

i've got a full RC runie (was a BG toon, when i find the time i swear i'l get him past 24 and back on the grind)

it was probably the totally idiocy of BG noobs but i was soloing up to 4 people with the old...

Bolt the caster...
..bolt the other caster/healer...

...AE DD till everything drops :)

it also helps if your a kobold and in water with your cloak off so their confused as to where you are without a /face macro (which few toons seem to have)

Anyway, my experience with RC runies up to that point was great, bolts were buggy in groups but the dmg output made up for that. Gonna be honest though i intend to respec when i get my hands on a respec stone to full supp... then once i have PBT i'l go full rc again :D

In my opinion best RC spec is

47RC (Best bolt, GTAE, debuffs, etc), 26supp (PBT, NS, AE snare if you really have too), 4 dark (bums dmg buff and thats about it)

however, i do hear good things about full supp. The final snare+dd being a lvl 50 one its supposed to be really good and not resisted often.

J

Jiggs

full suppression is alot of fun

zerks love the uber pbt, and you have the highest nearsight

level 50 snare/dd is very nasty spell also, doesn't hit that hard (300-400 on level 50s) but with a couple levels of wild arcana the snare will critical quite often resulting in a dd/root type effect which is dam nice.

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Sarnat
47d/26s
50s/20rc
47rc/2xd

All working specs. If you say supp rm can't kill, you haven't met me and Azurat in RvR.

lol, you can kill but you are the worst at doing so

spec for a baseline kinda dmg dd, roxxxxxx

6s pbt and snare nuke ouch on power btw

O

old.Hardbein

What about this spec@RR5? (Tank Buster)

Spec:
Dark: 47
RC: 25
Sup:5

RA's:
Wild Power 3
Wild Arcana 3
Mastery Of Magery 2
Purge
Mcl

What do u get (worth pointing out)?
Self Buble
Best Dark Spec DD
First RC Cold debuff
15% increased chance of DD critical hit
15% increased chance of Debuff critical hit.
6% increased DDs damage
MCL

^^ This spec is the "true" darkcarver :D
Discuss please :)

S

Solid

Good luck getting that level 26 debuff to actually not be resisted :D

O

old.Downanael

Cold Resistance Debuff Type: Energy Range: 1500
Lv. Spell Name: Value Cast Cost Targ. Lasts
25 Vex of Cold 15% 2 sec. 12P Enemy 15 sec.
34 Vex of Frost 30% 2 sec. 16P Enemy 15 sec.
46 Vex of Ice 50% 2 sec. 24P Enemy 15 sec.

If they use only 15% they deserve to die :D

K

k9awya

Originally posted by Solid
Good luck getting that level 26 debuff to actually not be resisted :D

hello mr thane/shadowblade

dont come here with your spell lvl comparisons cause you will only look like a twat

tell anyone with 26sup "gl landing your level 25 nearsight"

they will tell you to fo cause it doesnt resist that much, hardly noticably more than lvl 47 nuke, so i see no problems with a lvl 26 debuff landing.

to Hardbein..

all i can really say is lol, actually i could expand on that and say "fucking lol"

that really is only 2nd to 50 dark in the most gay rm template ever conceived :/

C

Carlos Bananos

50 dark is just silly imo

50 supp is ok, 6s pbt is v.nice but the dd is kinda shit

best imo 26 sup/47 dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom