Help Opticians

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
long shot. Anyone know anything about how to read an eye chart to get a 6/12 or below score.

My mum needs that score to get eye treatment

Cheers

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
long shot. Anyone know anything about how to read an eye chart to get a 6/12 or below score.

My mum needs that score to get eye treatment

Perhaps she shouldn't get the treatment if her eyes aren't bad enough eh?

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I thought most of the modern optician tests involve autorefractors or similar which detect your sight via light bouncing in the eye, that can't be faked. The whole part reading letters off the board is just to get a baseline these days and so people can test new bi-focals. Other parts of the test detect astigmatism or other conditions, not the score.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I need to get mine re-done, I had to take a picture of a shelf label in B&Q earlier so I could enlarge the pic so I could read it. I also had to do it with a menu in a restaurant a few months ago too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Perhaps she shouldn't get the treatment if her eyes aren't bad enough eh?
She had dry age related macular degeneration in both eyes and one has turned to wet kind which means it deteriorates very fast. She tests 6/9 and the requirement is only one step up 6/12

There's no cure so the sooner you get the injections and arrest the degenerate the better your eye sight will be for the rest of your life.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
cant she ask for it to be done? assume youre on private ?
other than that, guidelines are there for a reason, no ? you could just ASK the optician what they think? if its going to get worse and its a degeneration not a case of "you woke up with shit eyesight" surely they can see the logic

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cant she ask for it to be done? assume youre on private ?
other than that, guidelines are there for a reason, no ? you could just ASK the optician what they think? if its going to get worse and its a degeneration not a case of "you woke up with shit eyesight" surely they can see the logic
Nah nhs. And it's ophthalmologists not opticians. But they use the same charts. It's early onset. Only thing that they put the regs in is to delay the price of treatment. There is no medical reason why the drugs don't work at one spot than another other than to defer nhs giving treatment for a few weeks. And allowing them to defer spending.

I have read all the research and the nice guidelines. It's 16k an injection to go private and you need three to begone with and one every month after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom