[RUNE PRIEST] Opinions

Lorgar

Fledgling Freddie
Peeps,

I was playing a Rune Priest in open Beta and was wondering what what the views and opinions of this class are? what spec seems to work? down sides?

Cheers

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
You will suck at it that im sure of hehehehehe :D

(btw ive no idea m8 :D) just heal meh!

Tar-Aldarion

Fledgling Freddie
Pure healing class and good at it, lot of survivability, lack of DPS. You have to concentrate in healing, when in a grp in RvR mostly. You will find urself getting attacked all the time tho and those orcs hit hard ffs! :)

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
fun so far, lots of instant cast spells so you can cast away while moving around.

Im not sure which line is best, but im going to go up the middle one that mostly improves hots and dots, as well thats what I tend to do in rvr so far, spam hots and dots around. plus looking further up it has some nice effects with your offensive and defensive target been linked, such as spells that damage offensive target and heal defensive target for % of the amount.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
You will suck at it that im sure of hehehehehe :D

(btw ive no idea m8 :D) just heal meh!
Im enjoying my RP .. as said above not much DPS.. but thats not a priests role in rvr. i like standing at back n healing/shielding on my toon its mucho fun.. altho not much fun when a gang of orcs spearhead our tanks n pwn me lol

Zede

Part of the furniture
incredibly shit to solo kill quests, dps nearly as bad a cleric in daoc.

the 3 sec castable heal should be 2 secs, or 2.5 at least ffs !

to many crappy little HoTs, give a nice spell that heals a "chunk" of damage. Dps hits in large chunks, yet healing does not heal in large chunks. go figure.

makes a good flag runner though :)

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
Pure healing class and good at it, lot of survivability, lack of DPS. You have to concentrate in healing, when in a grp in RvR mostly. You will find urself getting attacked all the time tho and those orcs hit hard ffs! :)

you dont necessarily have to lack dps...my runie in bg usually scores top3 damage and im only lvl 16 :) ripping through magus and sorcs like you wont believe it hehe

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
a runepriest consistently in the top 3 damage?

lol i smell something

Tar-Aldarion

Fledgling Freddie
you dont necessarily have to lack dps...my runie in bg usually scores top3 damage and im only lvl 16 :) ripping through magus and sorcs like you wont believe it hehe

Easy to do it just by spamming Rune of Cleaving all the time, but this doesn't kill anyone. Looks like the AoE spells are the best way to go in mass RvR, both healing and damaging, after 18 lvl I watched my DPs going up, by not staying on the back but going ninto the fight spamming any AoE DoT or DD I have....... Now at 20 lvl I love my RP, I do both Damage and Healing and walking into the fight as I don't die easy. Also detaunt works fine against WEs or Marauders that chasing me to kill me, just detaunt them and get em close to your allies, while u heal yourself and they can't do dmg on you. Too bad lag usually kills you before u are able to cast the detaunt spell :(

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Go on then, i'll play along. How much DPS do you do in tier 2 scenarios?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
As has been said, RP seems like a great healer. We had a guild group tonight with my RP and an Archmage in, both roughly same level. We were healing at about the same rate.

Survivability is very nice, though that's balanced against the fact that everyone knows what a RP looks like and hence you get singled out a lot for damage trains. Still, is satisfying when you survive and your group mates take apart the enemy whose damage you soaked up.

DPS - I doubt it matters in RvR, since healing takes all my available time in most fights. In solo questing, you get easily enough damage to kill the mobs. I've never felt like it has taken long to kill one.

I'm not entirely sure on mastery line yet, but I am thinking the one that improves rune of mending. That's definitely my most effective and heavily used heal at the mo.

Angara

Fledgling Freddie

Would love to group with one of the main healing classes that ends up 3rd with DPS...
Curious on where you end up with the amount of healing if you do you thing.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
incredibly shit to solo kill quests, dps nearly as bad a cleric in daoc.

the 3 sec castable heal should be 2 secs, or 2.5 at least ffs !

to many crappy little HoTs, give a nice spell that heals a "chunk" of damage. Dps hits in large chunks, yet healing does not heal in large chunks. go figure.

makes a good flag runner though :)

Have to agree with this so far. 3s for a "ok" faster heal sucks donkey rly. HoT and shield aint enough all times. Sure it works if enemy is headless chickens who never assist and so on but try and save someone being assist hit with HoTs?

Im not high enough to judge the end game yet though so I guess I be quiet :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
a runepriest consistently in the top 3 damage?

lol i smell something

Actually i figured out how.

Tier 2 Phoenix (Elfie one).

Simply sit on the balista, do this and you can easily get over 40k damage in one sitting :)

- English -

Resident Freddy
starting to love my RP now. Level 22. The single 3sec heal is long, but i find if im duo-ing (with a bw) to try keep 2 hots on perminatly. When they take damage, shield them. Then spam the big heal. Its the only way i can seem to keep people alive.

Group Heal is really nice. Looking forward to the moral 4 abilities.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
Would love to group with one of the main healing classes that ends up 3rd with DPS...
Curious on where you end up with the amount of healing if you do you thing.

i actually noticed that my rp and xp gain went up bigtime if i just went into dps mode and went solo in scenarios...a bit broken imo :/

best runs ive ever had was assisting grped with a bw....currently getting bout 16-20k xp for a win in tier 3 with him and +1200rp

So, maybe they should have a look at how the gain works in scenarios...if i can just fuck all teamwork and go for myself i get more out of it...meh?

- English -

Resident Freddy
im starting to hate the healing system. Its impossible to keep players alive vs any assist train with 2-3+ people in it. Big heal 3sec is far to long imo

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
i would agree with that brother

healing is going to be very interesting in full RvR, i'm not making too much of my mind up before i get my RP to 40.

saks

Fledgling Freddie
i was under the right impression too, but then i started focussing more on looking at the battle field, and tried to spot the trains before they reach your target, and seems i can save soo much more ppl with the insta heal then the large but, ofc it might cost more AP vise, but it SEEMs to work for me.

Drummer

Fledgling Freddie
i was under the right impression too, but then i started focussing more on looking at the battle field, and tried to spot the trains before they reach your target, and seems i can save soo much more ppl with the insta heal then the large but, ofc it might cost more AP vise, but it SEEMs to work for me.

The insta heal takes too much mana for so few healing. The cast heal has a high enough value but as said takes too long and too easily interrupted.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
im starting to hate the healing system. Its impossible to keep players alive vs any assist train with 2-3+ people in it. Big heal 3sec is far to long imo

I agree :)

I had to make me a SM alt to vent some of the frustration I get from healing in scenarios.

AoE grinding is soothing o_O

Tar-Aldarion

Fledgling Freddie
Well Master rune of Adamant is a big help but the memory leak (ffs Mythic) makes it useless, I had to respec it cause after 3 scenarios my FPs where down to 10. While using it tho I had an easier time as I used to cast it in the middle of the distance between casters/healers and tanks, so I had my attention on tanks taking dmg or casters with WEs on them. I am going full Grimnir atm so I use Blessing of Valaya most of the time when dmg is spread in grp members and cause of the 150 Ft range with no LoS , rune of serenity on peeps that are close with other allies and rune of regeneration to everyone whenever I have the time to do so.

I almost never use rune of restoration, its useless in battle. I keep Grungni's gift for emergencies and rune of shielding too, although if we push enemy back I use em all on tanks that are getting dmg so they keep pushing enemies back. I find Rune of Cleansing and Rune of Preservation very handy in situations with WEs or Marauders jumping on me, also high toughness is important against them.

Staying back is also important as incoming bolts and spells are not easy to see them and usually I end up dead bfore I noticed anything, lag lag lag........

aika

Can't get enough of FH

Thats only cause its usually me nuking in melee range at 100 combustion with shield down xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom