Opinions on melee rangers

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Rolled a melee ranger the last day for a bit of a change and I cant help but notice ..its damage is shit! :p

I was expecting this but it might be my spec ..

using

18dual wield
19stealth
9pathfinding
and rest in slash

Its a celt ..maybe I would be better rerolling luri and speccing pierce ?

Its really good to play and the side stun style is very nice..can take down buffed tanks but would involve mucho strafing :( Anyway.just incase anyone has played a thid one before or fought against one or two that did some real decent dmg u might comment on it .

my one is called 'marysboyfriend' just incase u fought against him in the last 2 days ..just deciding wether to reroll the race or just go a dual wield specced nightshade..;)

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
duel weild speced ns played right > anything in thid 1v1 :p

p.s r0xx0r name :p

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Thid meele rangers are alot of fun I played one Back in the thid days just after si was alot of fun :) strafeing is a must on meele ranger so just take the qq as in well i beat u tough:).

Class for thid meele ranger: Now imo go luri for peirce/ cd because luris are just fantastic:)

Have Fun: Have fun and enjoy meele Ranger

O and hi nocare /wave

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, in thid not many classes stand out as oped..so melee ranger deffo has a shot if a good temp..imo tho has to be peirce...good temp and ur sorted:touch:

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
ty for advice and herro !

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Always found these guys some of the hardest to kill. They can dish out monster damage and have very high slash resist. Specced right and in good gear/buffed are real tough ombres.

Films - Guitar

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
when i was exping my ranger (auto training bow) i beat most other stealthers in 1v1, when i stopped off in thid. no idea what the spec was, found it a lot of fun

PS: MKJ user CP > edit signiture

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
Rolled a melee ranger the last day for a bit of a change and I cant help but notice ..its damage is shit! :p

I was expecting this but it might be my spec ..

using

18dual wield
19stealth
9pathfinding
and rest in slash

Its a celt ..maybe I would be better rerolling luri and speccing pierce ?

Its really good to play and the side stun style is very nice..can take down buffed tanks but would involve mucho strafing :( Anyway.just incase anyone has played a thid one before or fought against one or two that did some real decent dmg u might comment on it .

my one is called 'marysboyfriend' just incase u fought against him in the last 2 days ..just deciding wether to reroll the race or just go a dual wield specced nightshade..;)

well no.1 rangers are very though to take down once played right, only hibs that stick out in my memory as nice ones to avoid if poss were, maylah and
skrapz both well played rangers, malyah is a shar hits hard but takes alot of damage, good against high envanom spec assasins, skrapz is a luri and hits even harder and also alot quicker, hits me 2-3 times before i get a hit in, makin it the perf strafer, stop hit 100-150 damage, strafe same again etc etc,

also if luri go pierce, if shar go blades, bring ur stealth down to 18+5 and get Mastery of stealth 2, unlike assasins, we MoS (imo) aint worth the steam of my piss, with an archer it allows u to see assasins from a further distance, and cause aslong as an assasin dosnt get the crit strike of u are home nd free imo,

i have just rolled a NS for thid so wen i get my SC etc done, duo inc, till then mate GL

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
TriggerHappy said:
get Mastery of stealth 2, with an archer it allows u to see assasins from a further distance

I thought that the effects of MoS didn't work on assasins because they have detect hidden? I would've bought it instead of MoP2 if I'd known it worked. :( I thought it only enabled you to see stealth classes without Detect Hidden (Mincers, Archers)

noblok

Part of the furniture
The herald on mastery of stealth:
Modifies stealth detection and stealth movement. Camouflage counters the Mastery of Stealth bonus, allowing an archer to only be seen at the normal range. ]Doesn't affect detect hidden classes when they are detecting other detect hidden classes. (Meaning it has no affect on assassins detecting assassins.)
So it does effect detect hidden classes as long as you're not one yourself :).
PD 2 might be worth considering as well though 4.35% extra resists means an increase of about 33%.

B

Bowmaiden

too be Honest, why not roll a CD Nightshade, if you at least have 17 env (so 22 total) the str/con debuff will win most of your battles.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Not if you met my sb cos he would use it back on you :) . And with your low hits you would be in a real bad way.

Bible Quote. One should dish out wot one gives. You know wot sounds more like a Margaret Thatcher Quote? Anyways yu knows wot I mean :) .

Luris - mega damage dealers and deadly but only got about 3 hit points - thank god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom