Opinions on a character to roll out ....

O

old.Ashgen

I have a lvl 50 Armsman, a lvl 45.5 cleric, a lvl 35 infil and a lvl 35 Theurg as my main played characters.

The armsman is RvR 100% of the time, the Cleric is boring as hell to level in RvE, the infil is now nurfed to hell in RvR so what's the point in levelling, and the Theurg is ok, but difficult to get groups at level 35 (Lyon is dead, and Barrows is camped more than the road to Baghdad).

So with the spare spaces on the account now I was seeking some opinions on a character to level. One which is fun, can be soloed as well as grouped, and will be fun in RvR (Utopia I know).

My initial thoughts was a Friar ...

I am open to ideas and suggestions ...

I wonder if we can get some sensible replies, with coherent opinions and not the deluge of rubbish finding it's way on to these boards.

Thanks

Ash
:D

A

Apathy

Yes, make a friar.

If you get 18 rejuv, you can heal in most groups if they have PBT (It's a bit stressful but possible.). And you can always fight. Soloing is easy peasy too. I am lvl 48 and soloing orange con mobs in Avalon City with hardly any downtime at all.

~shrug~

Or make a necro.

a.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by old.Ashgen
the infil is now nurfed to hell in RvR so what's the point in levelling

Uhm, what?

Nerfed to hell?

I hope no scout reads this thread...

Infils are NOT nerfed to hell... in fact they are one of the better classes...

Evade cap and IP loss are unfortunate but not a major nerf (like scouts got)...

O

old.shotgunstow

Yeh, I'd say a friar, and/or a necromancer. Optionally if you really enjoy your armsman and want a bit of variation you could try a paladin or a mercenary.

B

benedictine

Main is 50 friar - ok i suppose but quite frustrating that there is no range combat

Secondary was my 33 mincer but I always felt he was tricky to play

Now I have a 38+ necro and I am actually enjoying levelling! Not sure how Ill fare in RvR but great fun to play.

I guess the common factor is with necro and friar, as Apa says, there is no downtime - I hate downtime

G

Genesis_of_Ak

I have a 33 Friar and its incredibly enjoyable to level, although it becomes noticeably longer to ding post 30

L

Legaoniel_v

new alt

Hmm...what about a reaver? May be a little too close to your armsman, but if you think of it as an arsman WITHOUT the downtime it may be a little more appealing..

N

nightsorrow

Re: Re: Opinions on a character to roll out ....

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Uhm, what?

Nerfed to hell?

agreed:)

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Genesis_of_Ak
I have a 33 Friar and its incredibly enjoyable to level, although it becomes noticeably longer to ding post 30

Actually, lvls 24 to 35 went VERY fast for me. As soon as you get to lvl 41/41/42, you can go to Avalon City and get a group very easily. The exp is just brilliant, especially if you are in a group that can do PB properly. 40 to 48 just flew by.

At lvl 48 you can solo the orange con entrance mobs and it's much better exp than grouping, if a tad slower.

a.

S

swords

For heavens sake dont roll a merc!!!!!

i'm failing uni trying to level this bastard to 50...

Y

-yoda-

aye gofor friar .. UBAH funto play . great pve andpvp chars . ihave tried every single classsin game "all alb classes toat least 24" and i can honestly say i have had more fun lvling with my friar "lvl42 atm mostly solo" than i have with any other char ,

notmany classes can be usefull in grps AND able to solo fast . buta friar has v little dt "non if keep pow up for vigor and heal"
where as most other classes have longish dt for hp/pow/end regen . ifafriar finds a good camp that has mobs that dont like crush then a friar can chain oranges at will :) and lots of fun pwning a orange con mob in melee and losing no hp :)

i dont think iwill ever play another class seriously after playing a friar: ) i might even make a 2nd friar and make him a rejuve friar "present friar battle spec" all ican say is LOTSA FUN!

p.s @ apathy i wish icould goto SI area but my comp not good enough to run si atm :( so im stuck chaining orange cliff crawlers in pennines . thy have a - dmgeonmewhilsti have a nice+ :) and they got sucky hp for great exp

D

Draylor

One which is fun, can be soloed as well as grouped, and will be fun in RvR (Utopia I know).
Sounds like a friar to me.

Necromancer manages the first 2 very well, but grouping is a different matter. Resist rates on orange mobs can be annoying at times, on red/purple cons it can really be a problem. Youll hit enough to do some damage, but not enough to give you "spare" power - if you havent spare power to transfer to group members it removes one of the main grouping abilities. Necros may also be too buggy to be much fun in RvR - guess Ill see what happens.

F

Flimgoblin

how about your theurgist? go air/earth and it'll give you something for RvR you don't already have... seems like you're lacking a ranged nuker/damage dealer.

Maybe a scout? but no groups there..

or a sorcerer?

or a smite cleric ;)

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by swords
For heavens sake dont roll a merc!!!!!
Mercenaries are a great class.... if you're having trouble levelling, it's not the character - it's you! :p

Roll a Paladin, level it until you catch up with your Theurgist and then you don't need a group... You'll be able to duo oranges / reds with practically no downtime ;)

C

Conchabar

Re: Re: Opinions on a character to roll out ....

the infil is now nurfed to hell in RvR so what's the point in levelling,

O_O u joking right

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Uhm, what?

Nerfed to hell?

^
|
|
|
What he said

+ do u have a buff bot? if the answer is no then the evade cap does nothing to u. Evade cap was only to effect buffed assassins. mm i read that alot of assassins wanted to lose ip :)

O

old.LandShark

Evade nerfed no-one at all.... if they ever had over 50% evaderate, it sure as hell wasn't against me, not even when I had 34+2slash and about 100 str :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom