opengl help

Y

~YuckFou~

Guys,
I have 1700xp, 512mb ddr, and gf3 ti500, so theoretically at least should not have any graphics probs.

When I first installed RTCW it would run very nicely in 1600 mode, but now it gives me an error on loading... could not initiate gl (or similar). This is with everything on high settings.
If i run in 1240(?) it runs fine.

Sorry about being vague but I'm at work and can't remember exact details.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thx

K

*Kornholio*

error opening opengl subsystem ?? I had that & had to reinstall everything related to my video card...

Y

~YuckFou~

Hmm, works on lower resolutions though... poop :(

W

WPKenny

Nvidia and winxp don't like setting refresh rates properly. I was having to play DAOC at 60hz in 1600. I got a util called nvreffix and it forces the monitor to certain refresh rates. After that I got GL errors and it wouldn't load. I lowered the refresh rate to something lower than it could handle and it worked just fine.

So, what I'm saying is, try lowering your monitor refresh rate? Get nvreffix and use that to force slightly lower ref rates.

Y

~YuckFou~

win 98se, but I'll try that anyway.

Cagecunt, I can, so I want to. In fact there is an option for 2400 :)

C

.cage

I can run as high as 2400, but i would probably rather top myself than try and read stuff on this 17".

I'd try installing w2k, a proper os, but as kenny says - they're cunts with refresh rates and games.

O

old.*GiB*Voodoo

yup i agree with everybody else above...but i had a open gl problem but then i just downloaded the lattest driver! maybe you can try that?

O

old.dookie_666

I had to update my Video Card.... just try to get a update even that your video card should be good. Cause i thought my was good enought but had to get a update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom