Oooo new screenies!!

O

old.job

Don't they just..

Never noticed before but in the Sylvan female pic the water is reflecting the sorroundings and breaking it up on the wave surface that is gonna look sooooooo cool in motion :)

O

old.chesnor

<sarcasm>
I have often thought....you know this games biggest problem ? THE FREAKIN TREES AREN'T FREAKIN REALISTIC ENOUGH !!!!!!!
</sarcasm>

Of all the problems this game has, the way the trees f**king look is very, very, very low down the list.

N

Nightchill

You didn't play in Hibernia long enough. Trees are very important there.

:)

O

old.VooVoo

If you have any doubts about the engine go play morrowind, that uses exactly the same engine, and from what i can rember the water does refect, but i'd have to reinstall and find out, but i'm postive it does

S

Sigurd Volsung

Hope we get to see what Valkyns look like in-game soon :)

O

old.LandShark

Yeah chesnor, i'm sure the people writing the new graphics engine would otherwise have been correcting balance problems...
Oh wait, they bought this engine from a 3rd party. hmm.
Shut up?

R

Riddler

that Inconnu Female really, REALLY looks like a shemale =/

X

xplo

Inconnu suxors i want small people like dwarfs/lurikeens in albion :D

O

old.Prof

FYI the DAoC expansion pack is not only using the same engine as Morrowind, they also hired some programmers that actually worked on Morrowinds gfx, hence you can fully except that the new gfx effects will look v much alike Morrowinds.

And water sure looks great in Morrowind too (just like in the SI screenies).

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Gef

The tree's look sexeh!

Bah, stupid Hibbie tree-huggers will be uber-powerful now

NERF TREES!?!??!

W

whirling1

Damn them using the morrowind engine .....that game runs poo on my system even with my new gf4 ti4200......ah well...wait and see i guess.

G

Gef

Originally posted by old.chesnor
Of all the problems this game has, the way the trees f**king look is very, very, very low down the list.

LOL .. chill out, if you ask me this expansion is just what the game needs. Freshen up the graphics, add some new classes to play with, add some new land and maybe everyone will forget that the class balance is still totally screwed ;)

O

old.Biffsmash

I gotta admit, the trees look like something I would draw with crayons lol. They sure do need some work. Aside from trees, I think the graphics in the game are ok, although some of my friends who dont play daoc keep telling me the graphics are terrible :/

Can't wait for the new engine, although all this talk of it being the morrowind engine is scaring me, cos it runs badly on my system too :(

edit : oops, you guys are talking about the new tree race arent you? lol :D

G

Gef

Well I meant the 'trees' not the Sylvan race.

Hence why I said 'trees' .. hmn, nevermind ;)

A

agraucred

Originally posted by whirling1
Damn them using the morrowind engine .....that game runs poo on my system even with my new gf4 ti4200......ah well...wait and see i guess.

its not the morrowind engine. can tell just by looking at textures/mapping. they have UPGRADED the engine, not switch to a completely new one. if they did that then all the character models would look and act differently as they would need to be recreated for the new engine.

[edit] on another note that griffon in the ice caves looks damn impressive <is glad he is switching from a V5 5500 to a G4 ti4600 in a matter of days now>

F

Flimgoblin

It's net-immerse 4.3, which is the same thing morrowind uses I believe? (4.3 might be newer than the morrowind one I guess)

but that doesn't mean it'll slow down the same... there's other factors.

it'll be better than the current one that's for sure - textures won't be decompressed by the hard drive etc, it won't fully render everything about a model that's so far away all you can see is a black dot (currently it takes just as much processing power to render that black dot as the full model right next to you)

if you have a modern 3d graphics card you'll notice the changes more than if you don't.

O

old.Krusha

well the current daoc engine and morrowind is the same core engine, albeit Morrowinds is a newer version, so they will -upgrade- to 4.3 (or later),heavily modoficated tho.

A

agraucred

erm, does anyone have a link were mythic state that it is the morrowind engine? because to me it looks sod all like it. the biggest thing is the lighting and mapping with looks nothing like morrowind's. admitedly the water does, but hell, what modern games doesnt look like that? its not like there are countless looks to water...

G

Gef

Though these new lands are understandably geared for more experienced players, even relatively new players will benefit from the technical aspects of the expansion. The expansion upgrades the game to the NetImmerse 4.1 Engine and gives it the following new features:

Faster framerates.
More detailed spell effects with great new eye candy.
Smoother animation for creature and character models.
Double sized textures.
Improved tree models.
More varied and graphically interesting terrain (in the new isles).
Reflective surfaces including ice and mirrors.
Realistic water effects including ripples, reflections, and currents.
Shadows for character models (and possibly creatures).

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/july02/daocx/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom