OOOer!

mank!

Part of the furniture
He's very promising apparently, highly rated in Spain.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Doomy said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/3434355.stm

20 million! Wenger must truly like him, i have heard nothing about this guy at all but i hope hes worth 20mill and i wonder who he is gonna replace...

Im all excited now...

Would be nice to see him play middlesborough tomorrow, tho he has a medical so i doubt it somehow.

Meant to be a very good young player.

My guess is that either Kanu, Wiltord or both will be shown the door. Either that or Bergkamp has told Wenger that he will retire at the end of the season.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Bergkamp will be gone and I imagine Wiltord will leave of his own choice. Kanu's been happy to sit on the bench for ages anyway.

Thing is, Reyes is a winger...

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
looks like Wenger might be losing interest in keeping Jermaine Pennant at the Arse' which is a shame as he is a good talent. Having said that Reyes is an extremely talented young player

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
More than 20million if you read the BBC story.

"more than Real Madrid paid for David Beckham"

Will be intresting to see how much Arsenal coughed up considering they are building a new stadium as well.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
Bergkamp will be gone and I imagine Wiltord will leave of his own choice. Kanu's been happy to sit on the bench for ages anyway.

Thing is, Reyes is a winger...
So was Thierry Henry :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Miles_Binck said:
looks like Wenger might be losing interest in keeping Jermaine Pennant at the Arse' which is a shame as he is a good talent. Having said that Reyes is an extremely talented young player

How are you figuring that one out? Pennant is a right sided winger, Reyes a left sided...

Miles_Binck

Fledgling Freddie
i was speculating on some rumours i had heard, anyway I never said it was definate, I said might

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Never seen Reyes play but I'm sure he's excellent... Wenger doesn't tend to pay a load for players so it will be very interesting to see what his plans are for Reyes and the entire team... If he's as good as some people say he is then him and Henry could well see us through to scoring many many goals :)

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Swift^ said:
How are you figuring that one out? Pennant is a right sided winger, Reyes a left sided...

I thought Wiltord and Kanus' contracts expire at the send of this season? Bergkamp will probably retire. I reckon he'll be able to fit them both in.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Bah wiltord seems to be on his way out :(.

Anyway gonna go and check out this Reyes guy at the pub. Cant wait :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
reyes was played wide in sevilla although his natural position (according to him) is a bergkamp style playing off the main striker

hes replaced berg just now vs man city

with wiltord seemingly on his way out... we still have jeffers no? not been sold or anything yet?

who cares about the price, look at wengers past history in buying players and 90% have been worth it

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Well his first touch was smart, went past 2 defenders and if it hadnt been for an excellent James save hed have had an impressive debut appearance goal. He certainly seemed up for the game and seems to have already slotted in nicely. He was certainly a 'forward' midfielder :)

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Jeffers is still a gooner by heart, however he's on loan to someone else I believe...

Wenger's been fantastic at buying players... most of the time he spends fuck all too... and has always turned us a profit... look at Anelka.. how much did he go for? 20m or so? how much did wenger pay? 500k or so? :p

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Skyler said:
Jeffers is still a gooner by heart, however he's on loan to someone else I believe...
Back to the club you bought him off, Everton. Not doing brilliant there I don't think.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Wohoo! Tah Mr Reyes!! One stonking goal and one 'functional' to put the Arse through AGAIN!

Fantastic game even for neutrals.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
A traditional FA Cup tie. I really enjoyed this gritty battle and Reyes plaed very well. Arsenal were helped in the second half by certain Chelsea players like Lampard not turning up. Parker was shite too!

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Just an online friend who likes to capture goals.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Darthshearer said:
A traditional FA Cup tie. I really enjoyed this gritty battle and Reyes plaed very well. Arsenal were helped in the second half by certain Chelsea players like Lampard not turning up. Parker was shite too!

Parker was, along with Terry, one of the few Chelsea players who emerged with any credit from the game. I thought he was fantastic.

Stunning goals from both Mutu and Reyes too. Excellent FA cup game all round from a neutrals' point of view.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
He spent most of the time ealking into Lampard and pinching the ball from him and then walking down a blind ally! He was utter shite in the second half.

Gurnox

One of Freddy's beloved
Darthshearer said:
He spent most of the time ealking into Lampard and pinching the ball from him and then walking down a blind ally! He was utter shite in the second half.

I thought he spent most of the game breaking up the Arsenal attack and being Chelseas' main playmaker to be honest. He was one of the only players anywhere near Reyes when he scored his first goal (The defence having dozed off at the time). Thing is, two players, Terry and Parker, do not make a team. The rest of the Chelsea team just didn't really bother in the second half.

Not to take anything away from Arsenal though. They ran the game in the second half. Vierra was truly awesome.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I've no idea why everyone is raving about Reyes, yes - he scored two goals but he did nothing for most of the game. He looked far far too lightweight at times I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom