oo Bt are getting clever

Collino

Fledgling Freddie
BBC Tech News

Looks like BT have been feeling like they need a change. Looks like it will be for the best.

Only thing worries me, is hwo secure will it be?

Cyfr

Banned
"Despite speculation about the benefits of a ubiquitous fibre network, BT has no plans to lay it throughout the UK, concentrating instead on areas where new houses are being built."

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Yeah, security would be a big problem I reckon. Although the old PSTN switches were also suseptible to hacking, you needed a lot more information and more balls to do that.

With an IP phone network you'd just need your PC and some handy hacking software.

I bet the script kiddies are jizzing themsleves! :)

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Collino said:
bit shit really..

might have to move m8
BBC News said:
Around 1,500 customers in Suffolk, Milton Keynes and Docklands will be selected to take part in the fibre trial which will be up and running in the autumn.
Would you really want to move to MK to get faster speeds though ;)

All those roundabouts, I'd get dizzy :D

Collino

Fledgling Freddie
lol..

seeing as i neither own a house or are going to own one for the next 5-10 years i doubt i will lol..

heh

but sitll MK is mank... with those H and V roads...

Will BT ever do something right?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
MK will have been picked because they have a whole association of anal turd heads living their who made a committee up to harrass BT because they have lots of aluminium lines laid and cant get adsl.

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Yay for me! I live in MK :p

The roundabouts are great, on quiet days they barely slow down your journey, just wizz round them. :m00:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
oops... except KevinUK, of course!!! :eek:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah MK is great...roundabouts and a grid system, oh and dont forget the MK Dons! What a fantastic place, I wish I lived there.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupitus said:
MK will have been picked because they have a whole association of anal turd heads living their who made a committee up to harrass BT because they have lots of aluminium lines laid and cant get adsl.

They picked MK as a PR exercise. They are bidding to win a contract for a Millenuim community project - basically a whole village that will be connected with fibre, VOIP, IPCCTV, intranet to schools and doctors, libraries, SKY down the fibre etc. The project is in MK.

The next "big thing" will be LLU. If the right operator unbundles your exchange you could obtain up to 20Mb to your house over existing copper for probably around 1-2 grand a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom