Onslaught movies

E

eynar

One of our members, Yrizan, recently started by making some in-game movies as well. The biggest one features a bonedancer and 2 savages (all in their high 40's) in action. For those interested, they can be found here

They are of the best quality I've ever seen in in-game video. More stuff will follow soon, so stay tuned.

C

cougar-

cool, hope next involves rvr and not exping.

C

cougar-

O

old.SadonTheGrey

he hopes next involves rvr and not exping.

S

SilverHood

he hopes next involves rvr and not exping.

S

starblade

Don't listen to them ... next time just do RvR footage , not xping.

A

Arnor

rofl, good though :)

edit: and :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: @ the music

E

eynar

Could anyone please explain what Cougar means? :rolleyes:

S

starblade

Just watched some ..... very very high quality compared to most (or even all) other footage from DAOC. Nice job :) Keep us posted if you get anything new.

G

Gallak

Originally posted by eynar
Could anyone please explain what Cougar means? :rolleyes:

nerf xping!!!11

Givf RvR zerg action!!11222eleven

O

omi

Excellent quality!

Could you get the producer to post the exact method used to capture and encode these movies? i.e. hardware & software used - any particular settings worth noting.

Thanks in advance.

E

eynar

He simply captures the video directly onto a 2nd pc (a high-end system with an ATI Radeon 9700), connected with S-Video. So by the end of the session you have a huge mpeg dump on the 2nd PC, ready to be edited.

N

)nick(

He's using the WMV 9 Codec. The resolution is 720x576 (PAL) at 2mbps. So I am guessing he's using the same method as I am by going from the tv-out to the tv-in on a capture card.

At 15mb+ for 1 minute of footage it is bound to be good quality :)

E

eynar

No offense Nicolas, but the quality of your last movie isn't nearly as good as Yrizan's...or did you simply compressed it more to keep the size as low as possible?

K

kalgarn

btw,in case someone was wondering our next video will involve rvr and not xp.
(and yes,need to talk to him about the music :p)

N

)nick(

Originally posted by eynar
No offense Nicolas, but the quality of your last movie isn't nearly as good as Yrizan's...or did you simply compressed it more to keep the size as low as possible?

I have to make do with a very old 128 All in Wonder PCI card and the system I am capturing on isn't exactly the swiftest either.

To get the highest quality capture you should capture and encode directly to .avi. This however requires hideous amounts of space and in RVR its hard to stage these kind of fights. So I usually just let the camera roll when we pass bolg, by the time I'd arrive at AMG it would have cost me 1GB of space, not to mention the max filesize of 2GB. So I have to compress it on the fly to get it to a decent filesize, and after editing I compress it yet again to make the downloading of the movie less of a chore. Besides in FG RVR, unlike PVE, I don't think my teammates would appreciate me playing cameraman and neglecting my duties as the groups main healer in favour of getting those 'great' shots. The hectic and raw nature of RVR doesn't lend itself well to capturing but my movies are to show people how we RVR, not to make them drool over the encoding quality of the characters in them, If they'd want that they could go to malmo and xp themselves :)

C

cougar-

S

Sarnat

OMFG Where can you find trance that crap?! Esp. on the "Kraben" video... *brrr*

S

Shike

very nice quality on those :clap:

I look forward to upcoming RvRmovies ;)

T

tindel

the video didnt contain any mez+pbae RvR½§§½½§§§§§ yuo are not teh l33tttttt111!11 :D

K

kinag

really nice work!

and if someone wants some really laggy movies im sure my computer can give the best.. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom