Only film I've ever walked out of

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Holy shit.. that film rules?

What's the matter with you man?!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree with nath, top film.

I did walk out on Lassie: The Adventure though.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doc Hollywood - but only because the girl I was sat next to said "lets get out of here and fuck" :D

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Scouse said:
Doc Hollywood - but only because the girl I was sat next to said "lets get out of here and fuck" :D

But was she talking to you or her boyfriend sat on the other side of her? :p

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I walked out of Ali, mind you didnt want to see it in the first place like :(

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Sinbad and The Eye Of The Tiger.

I cried the place down when the witches foot turned into a seaguls claw.

Not so much walked out as marched out by my dad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Xtro said:
But was she talking to you or her boyfriend sat on the other side of her? :p

Nah. It was a sweet 18-year old with tourette's syndrome. I stuffed my cock in her gob before she could finish her sentence. :p

:)

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
Sinbad and The Eye Of The Tiger.

I cried the place down when the witches foot turned into a seaguls claw.

Not so much walked out as marched out by my dad.

Bloody hell that was a terrible moment, even though she was the baddie too, but the film was great, I am a huge fan of Harryhausen's stuff.

leggy

Probably Scottish
Same here. My all time favourites as a kid were Eye of the tiger and Clash of the Titans.

As for walking out of films. Haven't done so yet. Nearly during godzilla but I was pissed so I could stomach it that little bit more.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
xane said:
Bloody hell that was a terrible moment, even though she was the baddie too, but the film was great, I am a huge fan of Harryhausen's stuff.

Aye, I have since bought Sinbad and The Eye....on dvd and watched it all the way through. How tough am I now?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Trem said:
Aye, I have since bought Sinbad and The Eye....on dvd and watched it all the way through. How tough am I now?

I have lots of Harryhausen films on video - all the Sinbads, Jason, Titans, but yet to get Gwangi, might upgrade to DVD.

* takes a look at play.com ...

mank!

Part of the furniture
leggy said:
As for walking out of films. Haven't done so yet. Nearly during godzilla but I was pissed so I could stomach it that little bit more.

Ditto. Except I didn't see Godzilla at the cinema and if I did I would have watched it for Jean Reno anyway.

I nearly walked out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It bored me rigid, usually I can be bored in a film and still watch it without wanting to leave but that film just made stamp collecting seem like a terribly exciting past time.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
What Women Want.
Only thing that stoped me walking out was the fact that i was 30000ft above the Atlantic.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Nath, Xtro are you taking the piss? Its so god damn bad. The "comedy" moments that maybe would have been "funny" in a comic were dull as shit. It was just dire.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
leggy said:

I quite like godzilla. Fun throwaway action. :)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
The only film i'd ever consider walking out of (not that i saw it in the cinema), is Tears Of The Sun.

I watched about ten minutes and realised i'd wanted that time back. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I would have walked out of We Were Soldiers if I were stupid enough to ever pay any money towards seeing it. As it is, I stopped watching it on dvd after 10 minutes.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I walked out of 'Torque' but i saw 2/3 of it :(

Scooba da Bass

Fledgling Freddie
Galaxy Quest would have been walked out of were it not for us seeing it in a dollar cinema. As it turns out it was interesting to see everyone crack up laughing at something hideously unfunny,

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Nearly walked out of Kill Bill; a shower of overrated shite that everyone feels obliged to like because it's Tarantino (emperor's new clothes). Terrible acting (lucy liu take a bow), stupid 'cartoon' section, OTT violence that ended up just plain boring - the fight scenes were not 'funny' (as a few people pointed out to me), they were shite.

Whoops, had a soapbox moment.

G

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liked Galaxy Quest a LOT (but you have to like Sci-fi and particularly Star Trek to enjoy it I think) and I thought Kill Bill was fun, whilst not being a "classic"....

Neither of them are "walk out" material IMHO.

Most of the "walk out" films I prejudge - and just don't go and seem em anyway :)

(There are a lot of minuses to that - I'd prolly be surprised and enjoy quite a few of them - but I'd end up watching a lot of shit).

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Big G said:
Nearly walked out of Kill Bill; a shower of overrated shite that everyone feels obliged to like because it's Tarantino (emperor's new clothes). Terrible acting (lucy liu take a bow), stupid 'cartoon' section, OTT violence that ended up just plain boring - the fight scenes were not 'funny' (as a few people pointed out to me), they were shite.

Whoops, had a soapbox moment.

G

Kill Bill was a great movie .. everything was meant to be OTT including the acting and violence .. the animation scene was brill .. I just think you went in the movie expecting something different and didnt like it when it didnt match up with your idea of what it was going to be like. Im not the biggest Tarantino fan but I think it was definatly one if his best movies. Bring on the sequel :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Taen said:
Kill Bill was a great movie .. everything was meant to be OTT

That's exactly what i'm talking about, everyone telling me it was meant to be OTT - still didn't change my mind on it being guff.

I just think you went in the movie expecting something different

I go into films with an open mind. Having loved Tarantino's other work, how could it have been wrong. My girlfriend (one of her favourite films is Pulp Fiction) laughed aloud in the film, turned to me and said "what the fuck is this all about?" I couldn't have agreed more. There seems to be two mind sets: those who loved it and those who thought it was overrated bollocks. I am the later of the two.

G

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Kill Bill isn't a movie, it's a series of extremely well-choreographed music videos where Pan's People have been replaced by psychopathic caricatures of cartoon villains. The animated vignette in the middle was really the only bit of story-telling in it, which I'm sure was deliberate irony :)

I loved it, I thought it was the ultimate example of style over content and although it wasn't what I was expecting I have to say that it makes sense for Tarantino to do that in retrospect. Maybe he'll go back the other way and do a pure story-driven script after KB2?

granny

Fledgling Freddie
Oh, and I've never walked out of a film yet... although I came *very* close to it with Underworld which didn't even have the good grace to be stylish to cover up it's total lack of original content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom