Only 5 EU servers? =/

Blaagh

Fledgling Freddie
I just checked the EU DAoC website, and to my surprise I found there to be only about 5 (Can't remember exactly) servers, each extremely underpopulated. Are there more servers? And if so are there any RP ones?

Blaagh

Fledgling Freddie
no RP one sry. insert coin and try U.S
I would, but with the time differences between England and the US it would be near impossible to find anyone to play with =( plus most games require to enter your adress and postcode when you register, and ALL US games require you to enter US info so i couldnt register anyway x(

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
ofc u can play on US...many others from UK and all over EU play there.....so its not only active on "thier" play time ;)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
you can register an US account with an EU address, and on classic there are A LOT of people online when i'ts prime time in the EU, not sure about the RP servers but you can be sure that there are a lot more people online there than on EU, even when it's not prime-time in US.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
The english language servers on EU are in a very bad state due to various reasons , the german servers are very busy but if you cant speak german your best bet is the US servers.

Theres a 14 day free trial on this page.

Dark Age of Camelot

Blaagh

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm ok i guess i'll try US. Won't bother with the trial though, tried earlier and after 1 hour it was only on about 30% xD

Blaagh

Fledgling Freddie
Aaaaanyway. A few questions for those that play on US RP servers:

1. Is there a good population?
2. Is there good RvR?
3. And is there a good RP community?

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
1. Better than Euro.
2. Depends on what you consider 'good'. There's more RVR, though. :)
3. No.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
if he don't know that much about daoc my guess is that he wont pick it up

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I can't see why anyone new to daoc would want to "Look for shards" since they certainly don't give as much as the real servers.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, this is a bit horse, stable, door, and not unlike the little dutch boy putting fingers where we'd all like to.

But - at the risk of generating more of the same, please lay off the S word.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Ok, this is a bit horse, stable, door, and not unlike the little dutch boy putting fingers where we'd all like to.

But - at the risk of generating more of the same, please lay off the S word.

I've got two comments.

1) The ifraction was given, was for a poor reason. If GoA were doing their job and giving a service, I wouldn't mention them. (If you check my `records` - I constantly tell people not to mention it, as it's bad press. But since it's so bad now, people might aswell have the chance to play where there is a more active RvR enviroment than half the servers)

2) Honestly, there's no point even having that rule. No one mentions it much, every old player (Hell, even GoA) know about it and the game is getting no new life. I'll admit, it's `kicking a dead horse` - Attempting to get players, but where do you think they'll all go when DAoC drops? (Other than WAR)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I would, but with the time differences between England and the US it would be near impossible to find anyone to play with =( plus most games require to enter your adress and postcode when you register, and ALL US games require you to enter US info so i couldnt register anyway x(

theres alot more euro players on the US servers then it is here. thats why these servers are so underpopulated.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
well there are 36 people on Prydwen right now, go play with them fast before the reroll US

strong 150-ish people on the Euro English cluster prime time is about 25% of the midgard population non prime time on classic US cluster

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Overdriven said:
2) Honestly, there's no point even having that rule. No one mentions it much, every old player (Hell, even GoA) know about it and the game is getting no new life.

If you want GM's to hang around and support this site by actually posting information here, then you've got to have at least an attempt to keep illegal discussions from taking place here, even if everyone does already know about it.

Overdriven

If you want GM's to hang around and support this site by actually posting information here.

I love the irony of that post. Sorry, but I lost faith in GoA quite a while ago regarding to this. There's not been major information given to us in a while. Though everyone appriciates it when it is actually proper info.

@Cromcruaich (if you read): Cheers for the PM. Even though my opinion sticks, I know it's your role as a Mod here to do what you did. :wub:

Overdriven

Oh harsh! :p Could of just edited the post instead of removing it! :D

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
You can check out Stats for Dark Age of Camelot servers to see what the US populations are - the time stamp is GMT.

Be aware that the US population is dropping so its a case of making hay whilst the sun shines. To put the drop into perspective the monthly average has dropped by 15% in 2 months (from 4500 to 3900); there have been lots of calls for server mergers/clusters since February and so far nothing concrete. (Sounds familiar really).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom