Only 1 Ram allowed on a keep door in Frontiers...

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
... but you can have multiple people operating it to increase it's dps!

From the patch notes for 1.70d

Ram Operation

- With the changes to siege engines in New Frontiers, players can now use other players as helpers to attack with a ram.

- In order to taking control of a ram or help man a ram, right-click on the ram. If there is a ram controller and room for helpers, then the player will automatically be attached onto the ram as a helper.

- Once the player is attached to the ram, the player is unable to move until they release the ram using the Release button.

- As more players are added to the ram, the DPS of the ram goes up steadily, reaching a maximum DPS when the maximum number of operators is reached.

- Gates and doors can only be attacked by one ram at a time.

New ambient battle sounds when the battle exceeds a certain size also sounds fun... I bet this will be used as an excuse for zerging after Frontiers goes live! ;)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
:clap: Really looking forward to the next level of sieges :) Even if the RA system sucks, the sieges will be much better hopefully :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
and the lag will be gone i hope. the way it is now it's a real pain in the ass.

Gifv lagfree zones!

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
And hopefully a reason for under 50s to RvR again like back in the old days.

If the enemy are too lazy to take a tower then afaik you can port into a sieged keep. No reason lower levels can't rezz, use siege weaps etc.

I also like the timescale for upgrades. No longer will realms be able to take/claim a keep and type /upgrade knowing that within a very short space of time it will have purp con nameds defending. In NF 32 hours to lvl 10 is an awful long time, and the chance of a keep actually reaching lvl 10 during periods of sustained keep warfare will be pretty slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom