online shops

C

Clowneh!

where do you lot usually buy ur bits from?

i always seem to end up buying from www.ebuyer.co.uk after browsing various sites

any other recommendations? im kinda thinking about price and delivery and reliabilty and stuff

C

.Cask

Overlockers uk get almost all of my business, purely because they have an option for royal mail delivery. I absolutely hate couriers with a passion.

F

FatBusinessman

Ebuyer are evil and/or incompetent.

Dabs are good :) (especially as they now accept Switch again)

C

Clowneh!

that seems to be the general reaction i get from people about ebuyer, but i've bought from them several times, everything's worked and shit got here on time so i have no quarrels :)

everywhere else is just more expensive :/

C

Clowneh!

oh yeh they accept solo for poor people like me :D

C

.Cask

Yeah ebuyer managed to lose my business before the order was even dispatched. They sent me an email saying that my credit card had a problem and the order had been cancelled, yet my statement showed they had still taken the cash.

Stopped the debit at the bank.

J

Jonty

I guess it all depends on the price, so I try not to be too partisan (although eBuyer's non-VAT prices still rattle me :)). Anyway, I usually use any of the following. I can't say I've ever had any problems with any of them, in terms of payment, delivery or returns.
There are probably more, but these are the companies who usually receive my business :)

Kind Regards

F

FatBusinessman

Some more Ebuyer horror stories:

• First order from Ebuyer. Ordered a few bits and bobs. They delayed shipping my order for over a week after taking the money from my account. Needless to say I wasn't best pleased.
  • Second order from Ebuyer. I order 256MB of DDR RAM. They send me 256MB of 133MHz SDRAM. I send it back and buy from Crucial instead.

Long story short, Ebuyer are Not Your Friends.

P

PR.

I've used

http://www.overclock.co.uk

I ordered my shuttle case from them on Thursday for next day delivery and did have it on the Friday :)

I did also use the other suggested and also www.novatech.co.uk seem to have been prompt on the two items I have ordered from them, although they never really replaced my GF3 that I had/still have problems with, fortunately I'd upgraded it to a GF4 but they did have it for a very long time :/

L

~Lazarus~

Originally posted by Jonty

Komplett (Never actually used them, but Embattle seems to favour them)

Used Komplett TWICE so far (the FIRST time and the LAST time)

1. They DO NOT Deliver at Weekends
2. Stock comes from NORWAY
3. £6.99 Delivery charge (even if its only a memory stick)
4. They use DHL
5. They use DHL
6. They use DHL

C

Clowneh!

<g33k t41k>

<embattle>

:rolleyes:

</embattle>

</g33k t41k>

R

Rubber Bullets

Bit unfair on Komplett.

The delivery charge is high for something cheap, but some of their prices are good enough that they are still a cheaper option.

I have used them once, a long time ago, but the stuff came quickly enough, I don't care if it was from Norway.

OK I don't like DHL either s:p

Crucial is the only possible place to buy memory, it is good quality, it is cheaper bought from them and it comes very fast, even though it uses Royal Mail. Order afternoon one day and its there the next (assuming thats not Sunday)

s

M

mank!

I ordered all of the bits for my PC from OCUK and it's been fine. The monitor came from eBuyer and that was fine too.

I think a lot of it is done to personal preference, I for one think Amazon are great but I know plenty of people who despise them :)

C

Clowneh!

i think i tend to go for the cheapest places :D
and that always seems to be ebuyer

oh and i used some adsl warehouse people for my modem and wires and stuff.

how willing would any of you be to use a more unknown shop?

S

smurkin

Stuff em....I'm never in and if they send you something that doesn't work, theres a good chance they will bullshit you rather than fix the problem. I go to microdirect in Manchester or Maplins. With MD, if you lean on them..they will test the component there and then...and if you give them enough stress...they will usually come clean <hik>. It isnt may not be cheap... but you get messed with less.

E

Embattle

TBH I've used Komplett once and found them alright, although people will have different experiences with different shops.

Q

Quige

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
Dabs are good :) (especially as they now accept Switch again)
Do they really ... thank f*** for that ... I've been a bit scuppered since they stopped. Been buying kit from them for years and suddenly they just stopped taking Switch for security reasons. Thanks FatBusinessman :D

Other companies I've used and not had any problems with are;

http://www.cclcomputers.co.uk/ (they used to do discounts on multiple item purchases, but they seem to have tarted up their site and there's no sign of that anymore :( )
http://www.gemma.co.uk/ (they do Shuttle XPC)

And until I heard the news of Dabs above I was going to use http://www.scan.co.uk next time I had to order online. Now I won't have to. Never had any problems with Dabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom