Advice Online Picture Galleries.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Guys, (and of course the ladies)

Looking for some suggestions on where to store online photographs for a club.

Somewhere that doesnt take a genius to be able to upload and share various photographs taken at events and outings.

Have looked at Flickr and Photobucket, but are there "better" ones out there that allow multiple people to upload and share?

Cheers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
i use flickr seems to be ok .. not really looked into their terms and conditions but was like 20 dollars or soemthing for a year and all

Photofuckit i wouldnt go near again just really didnt like their service.

I know these type of places tried to put stuff in their T&cs about if you host your pics there they became their property ..

Was ok for me i not doing anything commercial etc so not looked into it in detail but you might want to check the terms carefully if its more than just family snaps and stuff

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Flickr's about the best really. It's free so Moriath is talking baws. You can upgrade to a pro account, but that's only for extreme users.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Depends on the circumstances. You want somewhere else to host them all because there will be a lot and the bandwidth usage will be high? I don't know about any sites like Flickr or whatnot that allow collaboration but they're bound to exist.

If your club has a website and decent hosting then you can try something like Coppermine - piss easy to setup and allows all the things you need.

Tilda

I use smugmug.com to host my photos. Online albums, lots of settings you can mess with, can even tweak the gallery setup etc.
Supports RAW backups via amazon (Smugmug vault), personal URL's, copyright and picture sales etc.
Way more stuff that I use just to host pictures as backup and send to people.
(and yes I can send you a trial/bonus/intro link if you want to have a go)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Flickr's about the best really. It's free so Moriath is talking baws. You can upgrade to a pro account, but that's only for extreme users.

i found their upload limit a pain so i pay for the pro account.

if you uploading a lot at a single time then you will need to upgrade imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom