Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Combo of both

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • We dont need no education...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I have a problem with understanding my maths teacher at uni, his style is somewhat rambling and he completely ignores the basics - which is frustrating as i know much of the advanced stuff having used it in my previous studies and at work but i havent done the basic stuff since GCSE maths about a decade ago - anyhoo i find it very difficult to follow and have been struggling with the exams and homework problems so i decided to try some online tutorials to see if i could figure anything out- half an hour later and i feel immensely more confident about the subject, mostly because if there is something i didnt get or couldnt follow as i was writing it down i can pause, jump back and re-play it, or pause, and look it up in book/google

is it time some of these teaching methods were reviewed? i think i would benefit much more from perhaps 1-2 hours of Q&A after doing online tutorials (which are provided for free even to other universities as long as credit is given where it is due) per week rather than the gruelling 3-4 hour sessions i have to put up with now (and usually we have a weekly test at the end)

my brain simply doesnt function when i have 7-8 hours of intensive studying and then a 3 hour exam at the end of it :p

ileks

Part of the furniture
Is he a lecturer or a teacher of a class? I find a lot of my maths lecturers are dreadful teachers. They might be fantastic at their research but their lectures can be completely disorganised at times.

What really pisses me off is when they don't provide printed or online versions of their notes. You pay a lot in fees but some lecturers give the impression they can't be arsed.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sometimes the slides only make it worse :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom