Onetime drops!

M

Marcus75

I´m looking for a site with a good description of the onetime drops that exsist ingame. I´m not sure if Alakazam and Warcry are complete. It seems to be stuff missing when you search the sites.

Oh well, does anyone have any tips? I prefer the OTDs for Midgard BTW. :D

S

SFXman

Do these list all one-time drops? BUt are they also in our version not just the US one.

O

old.Arnor

WTF?

Have you seen the midgard OTD's?
It's fecking laughable, nothing there for a char over 38 FFS!

Grrr, damn mythic-midgard-gimpers :mad:

S

SFXman

midgard-gimpers? Hmm. Let's look at Prydwen shall we :)

K

Keri

Originally posted by Arnor
WTF?

Have you seen the midgard OTD's?
It's fecking laughable, nothing there for a char over 38 FFS!

Grrr, damn mythic-midgard-gimpers :mad:

Are you saying there are no decent OTDs in the EZ or frontier?

O

old.Arnor

midgard-gimpers? Hmm. Let's look at Prydwen shall we

DOH! Not talking bout how many ppl, or powergamers Midgard has, I'm just saying that Mythic prioritizes the realms as follows: albion, albion, hibernia midgard

Lvling in alb is easier than in Midgard I've been told.
I have no experience with this as my cleric on pryd is lvl 16, but thats what i heard from someone who had highlvls on both realms.

Ohh, and Mythic had to go fix doublefrost because it was an anytime style with medium dmg. They cant have looked at Poleaxe the 39 Polearm style, and one hell lot of other styles with "anytime opening and medium bonusdmg"

O

old.Arnor

Are you saying there are no decent OTDs in the EZ or frontier?

No good 1h axedrops or studdedarmourdrops.

there is one good 2h axedrop, one good 2h hammerdrop and one good chainhauberkdrop in yggdra.

O

old.tuppe

i have noticed in midgard its hard find axes after 33, epic from thanes blood is very good.
ww guard in skona drops garou axes and those was yellow to me in 34, and are still in 35 :), usable in laxe.
allakhazam has in quest section otd too, need just go thru them lvl by lvl.
just started visit in spindel, there is some nice drops, varulv is not itemised yet? so spindel is allways full people.
muspel has some nice drops, not many but copple around 30.

has not played in other realms, ups, played one elf mage to lvl 3, get bored, and offcourse visit in french server whit lurikeens :).
just hate to run 15 minute to skona and longest corner to xp.

but simply, go allakhazam, look quests, there is drops too.

S

SFXman

DOH!
You always start quoted posts like this?
Lvling in alb is easier than in Midgard I've been told.
Hmm, Midgard had itemized dungeons unlike us albs before 1.45...

O

old.Arnor

Well, you got 2 healer classes that are actually fun to play in RvR :p

Take that

Ohh, and I dont always start my posts with DOH! just when something is really obvious or something else, or I justs feel like it :m00:

O

old.Arnor

Oh, and if u spent more time lvling/rvring than posting on this board, we could have arguments the old-fashioned way.

K

klavrynd

Hmm, Midgard had itemized dungeons unlike us albs before 1.45...

maybe that was done to make up for the overpowered classes ?

</rant>

People still got to high levels , even without the unitemised dungeons, just like there were people hitting 50 before there were epic zones.

M

Marcus75

On-topic please!!

The flamewars can be posted on the IGN Boards.

Thanks alot!

O

old.Arnor

On-topic please!!

Why? :m00:

And it's only now i have realized how much it really says about those ppl who made 50 before 1.45

Good fecking job yall!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

SFXman

Ohh, and I dont always start my posts with DOH! just when something is really obvious or something else, or I justs feel like it :m00:
Shouldn't it be DUH! :)
Since DOH! is what Homer says when he does something stupid (hmm, coincidence there perhaps ;)).

O

old.Arnor

Heheh, that is for me to know, and you to find out :p

(its a slang thing where I live)

S

SFXman

I guess you Norwegians are a bit strange :)
You unknowingly make yourself look like the idiot even though it is meant to be directed at another person ;)
j/k

S

SFXman

You'd better be :p
Oh no... maybe I am not ;)
Nah, I had a norwegian friend before, in Luxembourg. Was my best friend too.

F

Flimgoblin

For rants on why X realm is mythics favourite and Y realm (generally the poster's own) see any number of threads on the IGN boards ;)

I had a newbie complaining at me that it was too hard to level in Albion compared to Midgard the other day..

(for what it's worth, the number of 'waaah Hibs are too powerful' posts are lower than the Mid/Alb ones, but they are still there...)

O

old.Tartanyak

I've my main in Midgard/prydwen and have spent quite a while taking my shammie up to level 35. I had a friar and a wizard in Albion and I didn't notice any great difference in the speed of levelling, although the alb characters seemed to have more cash and magic items. Lots more magic items.

Now, I deleted my alb characters on Excalibur because I wasn't having fun there. Now in hibbie I really, really see why they need more help. It's bloody difficult levelling there. My ranger is damn hard to do anything solo with, and finding a group who wants a ranger is not exactly easy. Nice realm though.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tartanyak
I've my main in Midgard/prydwen and have spent quite a while taking my shammie up to level 35. I had a friar and a wizard in Albion and I didn't notice any great difference in the speed of levelling, although the alb characters seemed to have more cash and magic items. Lots more magic items.

Now, I deleted my alb characters on Excalibur because I wasn't having fun there. Now in hibbie I really, really see why they need more help. It's bloody difficult levelling there. My ranger is damn hard to do anything solo with, and finding a group who wants a ranger is not exactly easy. Nice realm though.

Yeah I really like Hibernia, nice change from albion. Wanna try midgard too ... might have to brush up my German... mibbe once I get bored with my umpteen alb chars and start/get bored with some more on hib :)

I can see how people can get bored though, if it's the same green land with trees on it all the way through (Mythic did Albion first, with about 5 different realm builders coz they all worked slow due to being new....
By the time they got to Hib they only needed one or two hence the similar feel throughout).

Albion changes all over the place... from the snow-bound Snowdonia down past the castles to the lowlands in Camelot Hills/Salisbury Plain (vast and scary ;)) then the moody Campa forest. Avalon Marsh/Cornwall seem fairly similar then the misty/watery Lyonesse.

As to finding it harder to level: I think that's just a class thing more than a realm thing... if you tried a druid or a tank-class you'd probably be finding things easier.

Enchanters on Hib seem absolutely superb as well - can solo as well as a cabbie with their pets (I think?) and have buffs so groups want them more.

NB: Cabalists are also good in groups, nuker/debuffer/backup healer... note the backup... They can heal about 4 or 5 times before having to suck some life back from the monster with nukes... and if they get aggro whilst doing so they're dead but hey.. it's fun

However people think 'eww pet class' and avoid them, or 'eww I heard cabalists are crap.. don't want them in the group'

Same stigma applies to the archer classes and the assassins.

PS: if anyone ever tells you to lose the pet because it leeches XP tell them where to go. It'll take about 1% of the xp if it does well. Only reason to get rid of a pet is if it's breaking mezz or warping round the dungeon like a nutter. Any other reason is just stupidity.

L

Lanceloc

OTDs In Albion

The OTD record in Gamebanshee's database for the Black Ash Soul Slayer 2h slash sword is wrong. It drops at level 45 not 47 from Ash the winged demon in the Pennines.

O

old.chesnor

I have played in all 3 realms now. Middy and Alb certainly have more frequent drops. My champ is 26 now, and has yet to get a single otd. The first in Middy is really nice 1h hammer (Red Bludgeoner) at lvl10.

Levelling speed doesn't really matter, Hib maybe slower, but so what. I think Hibs can hold thier own in RvR because the realm is tougher to play in. Also Hibs don't have no killer RvR class. Alb gets clerics, Middys get skalds. Hib groups are generally better than the sum of their parts. Consider a Spear Hero, Shield Hero, Warden, Bard, Druid, Eldritchx2, Mentalist + any other class. Here hibs will get the best dmg tank in the game, pulsing fend, 2 mezzers, druids chain root, 4 healers, 3 ressers, end regen, the best DOTer in the game, 2 great nukers etc...And this group is feasible as class distribution seems pretty even in Hib. Middy will struggle to find good defensive tanks, healers and offensive casters. They won't be short of skalds though :p Albion will probably struggle to find enough rejuv specced clerics, as smite is uber and therefore v.popular.

I am not sure about this, as I am only 26 in hib, and only played to 23 in albion. But I am convinced that Hibs seem to have a set of really nice and useful skills spread around alot of utiliatrian classes. Whereas the Albs and Mids have those skills kind of concentrated into a few classes (prime example being the fact that 90%+ of runemsters spec high suppression for pulsing fend, thereby forgoing dmg and neglecting darkness completely). Hibs warden specs a weapon, blows bubbles, heals, resses and sings a dmg add song.

I personally think (and this is controversial) that the Hibs are the most balanced realm class wise (just a shame about blademasters heh).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom