One thing I forgot to do in DAOC.

D

danskmacabre

My Epic quests.
I have been pretty sick over the last week, so I have been home quit a bit.
As a result of that I had more time on the PC, and some of that time playing DAOC.

I My main character is now lvl 40 and I finally remembered I was supposed to be doing Epic quests along the way.
So, I spent the last couple of days doing Epic quests and stuff.
I'm currently up to the level 35 quest (Something about a chest and dagger and stuff).

I've never done so much travelling ...

*Phew*

G

Gizmoduck

Yeah most people forget about epics/quests but they are a nice break from the boring Xp'in.

I have seen a lvl 40 armsman asking about a lvl11 quest :)

GL on your epics mate.

E

Eliz

Havent even started on my epic yet.

/em hangs with the head

Yes you're right, I dont like quests.

:sleeping:

R

Ragnarok1978

Heh,

I remember back in the days where a few of the viking epics were level dependant.

Then one where you had to go to Muspelheim and talk to the dverge's, if they were aggro towards you, and you were so high level all mobs there were grey so you couldn't change your faction, you couldn't do the quest :)

Dunno if they ever got around to changing that tho.

H

HargloweHyfryd

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to gain a bub of xp for my level 45 epic-part..... :)

L

-Lonewolf-

Chop chop Dansk get to it lad time is rp's, time is rp's

D

danskmacabre

I'm wondering when I get to do the level 40 Epic, whether I'll need help...You gotta run around several places and someof it in RvR places getting about 7 items or something like that.

Another long night of questing should bring me up to the level 40 quests, then back to lyonesse for more levelling..:)

O

old.Plebo

Originally posted by danskmacabre
I'm wondering when I get to do the level 40 Epic, whether I'll need help...You gotta run around several places and someof it in RvR places getting about 7 items or something like that.

Another long night of questing should bring me up to the level 40 quests, then back to lyonesse for more levelling..:)

It seems that the lvl40 Epic is the last one you can do solo (at least for a Merc). The lvl43 Epic needs a small group and from reading ahead, the lvl45+ ones need 1 or more full groups.

They do involve far too much travelling for my liking. I suppose it gives you the 'feel' that you are on an epic journey, but it is really just very tedious. Expecially as I don't have a TV on my computer room, so tend to have to read a magazine or keep looking at my characters stats.

T

trigali

The level 40 was soloable for me, and I'm a SB (read: I can't solo anything).

So chances are you are still fine. Bring a few mates when you hit 45 though.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Seems you lot are also the kinda peeps complaining about the boredom of leveling too.

Quests drop great char related items, usually with great stats to last you 5 levels, the epics all give great exp and sometimes a lil cash too.

You get to know your realm a lil better doing em too, and how to use /loc and the map coords. Something very handy in RvR. It also gives your char and his kind a lil more of a personality and some history too.

Also IMO a level 50 without his Epic armour looks half hearted.

Personally i think you should be given 5 levels to complete the parts of a quest, especially the epics, so if you dont do your first level 5 quest by level 10, its your loss.

Whats the problem, find it hard doing anything solo?

G

Glema

You can't solo all of the cleric lvl 40 epic as one of the trees you have to kill will be red con at 40 :(

Someone did tell me that there is a lower level spawn of it but I never found it.

V

VidX

Yip, didn't do most of my epics until lvl 44.

One of the first quests available to the mage classes in Hibs is where you have to get 3 rat boy tails and give them to the old Hag.

Now, these items are sellable (or were in 1.36) and I accidentally sold one of them, and got a fair bit of money for it too :)

So, OOPS!

Had to make a mage alt (called Altmageforuspforfun) and repeat the quest and transfer the tails to Usp.

So, basically solo'ed all but the last few steps of the lvl 50 epic, and needed 2 full groups to finish the last few parts of it due to a bugged quest and double spawn hehe

J

Jiggs

i like doing quests but by god that lev 20 one in hibernia: the whole extended thing with Macnol and the old crone and the firby in the treehouse in Gur and the giant saracen chick in the lake and the guys by moon lake and the talking dogs and the arrarraragahhaghahhahaha

D

Delket

Aye cleric 40 is imposs solo
Remember doing it with a 42 pally and took an insta
Mind you dunno what patch that was, prolly had crap stuff then :)

S

SFXman

Heh, I always do epics the minute I can, UNLESS I am in a group and the exp keeps on flowing :)
Usually the reason is that the exp bonuses are still of some use and same goes for item rewards.
Good luck on them mate.

D

danskmacabre

Well, I'm now up to the level 40 quest where I have to kill the 5 different types of fellwoods.
I got the dagger thingy from the druid in the Keltoi mines, which was easy and I've spoken to that guy in Castle Sauvage.

I did all the earlier quests solo, and yeah they were pretty easy, although there was a LOT of travelling...
It took about 2-3 evenings of Playing and riding around on horses to do them all.

Last night I had some help to go into the RvR area to do some of the fellwood quest, but we got dragged into an RvR battle, which was kinda fun (We bashed some Hibs I think), but I sorta went off track from my Quest and didn't get it done, however I DID get 700-800 RP's though, which was nice..
I also met Fingoniel there....Hi Fingoniel.. :)

G

Gohlanchdir

Originally posted by Jiggs
i like doing quests but by god that lev 20 one in hibernia: the whole extended thing with Macnol and the old crone and the firby in the treehouse in Gur and the giant saracen chick in the lake and the guys by moon lake and the talking dogs and the arrarraragahhaghahhahaha

dON`T FORGET THAT LITTLE DUDE, WHO HAS HIDDEN UNDER A BOAT FOR 2 DAYS WITHOUT FOOD, LOL, HIBBIES ARE MAD(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom