One handed joypad?

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Nintendo have released photos of their new wireless one handed control pad for their upcoming Revolution console.

Montion sensors on the controller will translate movements such as using a virtual sword or tennis racket in game, leaving your other hand free to grip hold of a beer or what ever takes your fancy at the time.

The one handed controller can also be fitted with an extension cord that links it to a thumb-controlled joystick.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I "trust" nintendo to do some research on this, so if thy say it works, it probably does, but the masses will decide. Atleast someone thinks outside the box. Though this might be in a whole other box and on it's way to timbuktu.

MikeyBear

Loyal Freddie
This has to be the make or break move for ninty in the western market?

I'm thinking this controller (eeew btw) will either solidfy them a nice hold on this side of the planet or consign them to their home turf for all eternity.

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
you turn it by 90 degrees and you get a 2 handed joypad :D

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
You can't do that due to how the trigger on the back of it is designed

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
At first glance this looked like a "What were they smoking and can I have some" controller, but then I remembered that Nintendo effectively pioneered just about every innovation in console joypads (ie from the good old Nintendo onwards) which have been endlessly imitated by every other manufacturer since.

So while I still want some of whatever hallucinogenic drugs they have and probably actively smoke on a regular basis while thinking outside the box, i'm going to give this a chance, someone mentioned earlier that Nintendo know what they're doing, and they do it well (Though the Z button on Gamecube pads still annoys me ;)).

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Seems like it'll be the perfect controller for all those fishing games ;)

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
That picture also does not show the extra piece that plugs into the bottom which can be held in the other hand.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I can't help but feel it's only going to be good for minigames, and that's all they'll make. I can't see most games on other platforms porting well.

And as a load of people have said around the place, you'll get tired quickly if you have to move around like that all the time, so we'll have to see when people get reviews.

Mut68

Fledgling Freddie
omg nintendo dont do it!! looks shite and stop with the fuckin kids games, nun of ur pokemon shite this time!

Anar

One of Freddy's beloved
The big question is what you gonna do with the free hand? :eek7:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
SheepCow said:
You can't do that due to how the trigger on the back of it is designed

You can, its got another set of a and b buttons for this very purpose.

weevil

Fledgling Freddie
i thought it was a remote controller, it will never catch on, you need both hands to play games, what are they expecting people to do with the other hand :twak: bad nintendo, encouraging teenagers to get aquainted with themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom