one for you stat monkeys

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
how much % chance to block would 22 dex give me? going to respec to s/s and cant decide between;

RR9

purge2
IP2
aug Str 3 (22 extra str)
mop 4 (16% extra parry)
mob 4 (16% extra block)

or

purge2
IP2
aug Str 3 (22 extra str)
mop 4 (16% extra parry)
mob 3 (10% extra block)
aug dex 3 (22 extra dex)

Spec will be;
50 Blades or Crush (cant make up my mind)
45 Shield
36 Parry

Edit: template has 15 dex cap in and 10 at creation

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
It's gonna do nothing for your block rate, parry on the other hand it will show benefits.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i'd go for the second setup, mob4 is a waste vs duel-wielders.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
22 dex will add 0.22 to the dex modifyer, and make your Shield and Parry spec, MoParry, MoB and Evade count 22% more. Since your dex modifyer is multiplied with Parry, Shield, MoParry, MoB and Evade (Evade also partly by quickness), there is no way to tell excalty how much 22 dex will increase your defence, as it's different for each char and spec. For example if you have 300 dex, MoParry4 and MoB4 will increase your defence 3 times as much as if you had 100 dex.

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Shameless bump but if your rr9 and plan to use either of those specs, prepare yourself to be very bored fighting 1 vs 1.
Having that much block/parry will make u unbeatable vs any stealther and pretty much any dual wielder. Only thing that will touch you is a heavy tank, with 42+ in shield, with a similar RA setup.
But lets face it there aren't many that solo rr9 heavy tanks out there.
And yes, i've tried it had Mob4 and Mop4 for a while and found it stupidly OP'd.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
On camlann there is a RR10 Warrior with MOB5 MOParry5 Det5 so he's kind of impossible to hurt hehe

Jorof

Loyal Freddie
Urgluf said:
5 shot with a caster? :p

lol ? warrior 3k hp and 50% resist minimum + fury/testudo/IP/empty mind and/or AoM .. dont think so :fluffle:

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Jorof said:
lol ? warrior 3k hp and 50% resist minimum + fury/testudo/IP/empty mind and/or AoM .. dont think so :fluffle:

I can understand the above post.

ie if you run with all these melee defence skills then you leave yourself open to get owned by casters.

So yes if you got aug dex/str high mob and mop then casters will own you. You on the other hand have tools like fury/testudo/IP/empty mind and/or AoM the you will compete with casters.

I guess you make your choice and be a awesome melee grind machine or spread out a bit and make your self more useful vs casters but lose the near melee immunity..

Guess its all about what you want in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom