one for teh leachers: best file transfer prog for tunes??

O

old.TUG

Lo fags :D It is I, TUG of the tugs :|

Anyway, I wanna start downloading nuff tunes now I finally have some available HD space.

Whats the best file transfer proggie for music? I mostly download trance/techno (so what if you dont like it!) but other stuff an'all... I hear soulseek is good? Kazaa.. hmm not bad but I aint installed it on this new HD/XP setup yet... dont really want to either lol.

Nice one ladies :D

S

Summo

From what I hear among the audiophiles, SoulSeek is where its happening. Down with the kids. In da area etc.

U

-Ultimate

Soulseek for whole albums as well as any music thats not mainstream.

K

kameleon

soulseek
winmx
imesh
morpheus2.0
kazaa

i must point out that copying copyrighted material is illegal

C

.cage

You do realise the more you spam soulseek around the more idiots sharing now 100! et al will multiply until its shut down?

K

kameleon

i wasnt spamming it but sureley the more the merrier

/me peeks into .cages shared folder

O

old.TUG

Well i have lotsa shite to share so tis fair play.

Nice one ladies, I'll get soulseek now :)

S

stu

Soulseek seems to be fairly limited in its range of music, in my experience.

I use Audiognome most of the time for full albums, given that it lets you list by user/conn speed/bit rate etc. Just type in the name of an album, filter by user name, then by bit rate, go to the top and start downloading.

W

Wazzerphuk

Filesharing programs are utter shite for finding music these days: your best bet is to find some good mp3 boards which have many private FTP servers filled brimming with good music.

L

legendario

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
Filesharing programs are utter shite for finding music these days: your best bet is to find some good mp3 boards which have many private FTP servers filled brimming with good music.

can you give us an example?

W

Wazzerphuk

I can, but it's recommendations only - so there's nothing you can actually do there (ie view the boards, get ftp info).

They like people that give back.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk
I can, but it's recommendations only - so there's nothing you can actually do there (ie view the boards, get ftp info).

They like people that give back.

So how do you get recommended?

W

Wazzerphuk

By knowing someone that visits the boards, and actively contributes to them.

H

hoggsboss

i still use irc..........speeds arent always great but its easier to get full albumns if thats what you're after.

have recently acqui.........err seen the new supergrass, beck, richard ashcroft and aqualung albumns among others weeks before release.

O

old.TUG

newsbin and newsgroups look quite good too dont they :)

L

legendario

can you supply me with servers and channels please :)

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom