One big 'un rathher than two

O

old.des-astor

I don't know if this is possible, but would it be possible/popular to run 1 server that could take upto 32 players rather than 2 with 16 players.

Some of the newer maps, Total War for instance, need quite a few players to make them work best.

What do people think?

O

old.[DW]xDarkchild

I think that 32 players is too much personally, but the reason that totalwar isnt much fun to play is that people spend time downloading the map off the server (which takes twice as long as getting the zip and it doesnt download the texture file anyway, so you cant play it) which takes up valuable spaces for people who CAN play the map. IF ANY BARRYSWORLD ADMIN ARE LISTENING, can you please find a way to disable downloading off the server so that we can have some proper games?? Its so annoying when you try to connect to the server when it says taht 12/16 people are playing but it also says its full.

Back to the 32 player thing...It may work with Total war (albeit slow) but what about the other maps??? NML could NEVER manage 32 players, nor 2fort or any other map come to think of it. It would ruin the whole teamplay aspect and we'd be stuck with deathmatch practically.

O

old.Fatbloke

Also, if any BW admins are still reading.. Is it possible to alter the BW server names as seen by WON.net?
Before the upgrade to 10.13, the BW servers had the name BARRYSWORLD in them (as seen from the Half Life Internet server list).
But since 10.13, the BW servers are just called something like TEAM FORTRESS CLASSIC (both of then) and this is the same name as a couple of others on my favorites list
frown.gif

Is there any way to change the server name to re-include the BW name (and prefereble the server [1] / [2] bit also) so that they stand out again.

Here's hoping...

[A&I]Fatbloke

ps. I know I could use Gamespy or Game Explorer, but by the time you click on the server you want and it's loaded up, it's usually full again
frown.gif
The Half life internet connection, although less detailed, is much faster.

O

old.Armengar

can believe I just pressed new topic instead of reply. Im off to bed as im knackered
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom