Once again GOA fails!

G

Gandir

Sure its not there fault about the patching if what they are saying is true (not that I dont belive that its true). But there is there fault that they dont keep the community updated about the progress of the servers. In situations like this a company must keep there customers updated. Not keep us all in the dark on whats going on at the moment. Its not difficult for them to post updates on the news page, or maybe even get there asses over here and post in the forums.

:sleeping:

No GOA and Kemor need to start caring more about there players there are many mmoprgs on the horozion. And they will start loosing people that play the game if there customer relations dong get better soon! Just take the fact that they dont have any in game support at all! And in cases like this they need to make thouse imporant news updates!

O

old.Kal

You want them to post every hour saying : Nope, sorry not got it yet...

I would presume if there was somint to post they'd post it, stop your whining and find somint constructive to do :p

T

tris-

in a way it is their fault, why start to do something without all the tools?

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by old.Kal

I would presume if there was somint to post they'd post it, stop your whining and find somint constructive to do :p

Have you read the site? Apparantly they will keep us updated throughout the day... but of course that hasn't happened :rolleyes:

T

tris-

depends if they think a day is 9-5pm or 24 hours.

W

woodmansee

newbie you really paid with a visa electron?

I

inoxx

uh uh

Hey dude calm down, relax.

Even if we should be considered as consumers, we're not loosing money or something like that, your life is not in danger.
Let them work, we'll see later for the informations. Goa should not waste time by writing 15k news per day, don't you think so ?
The subject has been largely discussed on JoL (french servers) today and every post gets poisonned by this kinda complaints.

Goa is french, just like me, and in France we say that "Impossible is not french", trust me, you'll play SI soon ^^

S

Sigurd

Re: uh uh

Originally posted by inoxx
Hey dude calm down, relax.

Even if we should be considered as consumers, we're not loosing money or something like that, your life is not in danger.
Let them work, we'll see later for the informations. Goa should not waste time by writing 15k news per day, don't you think so ?
The subject has been largely discussed on JoL (french servers) today and every post gets poisonned by this kinda complaints.

Goa is french, just like me, and in France we say that "Impossible is not french", trust me, you'll play SI soon ^^

Oh, so tempting...

But no, must resist...

S

Sigurd

Think you should change that to "we'll be playing SI soon while you're stuck twiddling your fingers or pulling your eyelids off"

A

Archeon

Re: uh uh

Originally posted by inoxx

And in britan we say 'Put the keetle on for a brew love' the pots been boiling for a while but i think all the waters evaporated

(please don't ask what that means, i just wanted to sound intelligent ;))

C

Cedig

Not really a flame, but we all now know we have to activate SI on the webpage......

So why didn't GOA temporarily beef up the web engines to cope with the additional traffic. They knew we'd all be fighting to get onto SI !

N

-Nxs-

Pahh, Im happy with today... very happy, maybe i've just been lucky.

Pre ordered the game from amazon in January,
It promptly arrived this morning.
now we all knew it was patch day, and its resonable to expect some outage for them to upgrade the servers.

Finished work and was home for 17.00, within 30 mins I was fully aware of what was going on (although no idea of ETA's) but felt better knowing something was happening.

Around every hour I caught up with the latest gosip on IRC, GOA were VERY helpfull and informative here.. well done !!

Once the servers started coming back up around 10.00pm connected fine, downloaded the patch fine. Played around with the new emotes (woooooooo there nice) then logged to register SI on the website, ok so it took about 10 attempts, but eventualy got through.

In short they said the servers would be upgraded today... and they have been, my client is all set and ready to rock tomorrow

I have been kept informed
They have delivered as promised
Happy customer

W

Whoodoo_RD

Thanx GOA for putting in the over time to get the job done!:clap:

With attitudes like this I personally would have said sod it, 1700 i knock off and go down the pub!

K

kr0n

GOA informed us through the official website, through BarrysWorld and even through IRC. IMO thats the 3 possible ways to inform majority of English servers?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Cedig
So why didn't GOA temporarily beef up the web engines to cope with the additional traffic. They knew we'd all be fighting to get onto SI !

Same reason they didn't open 4 PvP servers.

M

mcirvine

Originally posted by old.Kal

I think they could have let us known when they received those "very important" files. I agree with the fact that goa completly failed yesterday, and has shown a lack of customer support. I work in the IT business and my customers want an update, even if it's just to let them know that i'm working on it and making progress(in goa's case that they received the files). If i wouldn't let them know anything else than you program isn't working and than 12 hours later i would say it's working they would be pissing mad.

And posting short update messages on the web pages doesn't take a whole lot of time... unless you don't know what your doing of course

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Octanion

why?
Think about it, whats the point of upgrading for 2-3 hours worth of hastle.

When PvP started, pp all screamed "gimme more servers", and now camlann's all but deserted.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Octanion

why?

Its simply not cost effective to spend the time nad resources in increasing a servers performance if it's only required for a few days. I am very happy with the current subscription charge... how would you feel if this was increased to cope with the demand you asked for ? I wouldn't be to happy paying more money for a short term fix.

Just keep trying, I managed to register SI on the 10th attempt, thats more than acceptable based on the amount of users trying to access the site.

S

Sarum TheBlack

#Patchday on quakenet had a handful of GOA staff in from somepoint (I didn't find out about it until the evening) and had regular updates until the servers came up, and even after with them answering questions about what was in patches etc.

What do you want them to do? Phone you?

L

liste

No!

I think it would be only fair if they showed up in person, and delivered the news with a complimentary fruit basket!

P

PJS

They should have said on the website that the updates would be in irc and not on the site. Apparently they think every daoc player is an irc regular or psychic.

S

Slinker

Yup , I myself only got irc yesterday , only for something to do , no doubt it will ne uninstalled again soon .

Users who are viewing this thread