On-Topic?

O

old.Tohtori

Those who understands why this is related to DAoC in a most profoun way, can consider themselves quite lucky. Also these individuals are rare to ever slack of GOA, complain about deaths ingame, be considered noobs or even in most cases ask for better experience when hunting greens in 8 player groups. These few selected are the cream of the crop, the very best of the best and the ones who should forever be spoken of with honor and respect. These words will probably evade most ears, be thought of nothing as simple ramblings of the oddity "Teh Seel" and most certainly flamed to tiny scorched bits by a dozen phaargos residents who are new to the game or the boards.

The words are as follows:

"Water, Earth, Wind and Fire. Four elements and one missing."

Get it? Good.

To those who don't quite grasp the idea here, think of it as a riddle.

*nods*

EDIT: Oh and...discuss ofcourse.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
fun? :)

*laughs* Not quite. Think of it from a different angle. As a whole that is.

(oh and people will be so confused with this thread after a while)

N

-Nxs-

Im already confused... but did you know the four elements are keyed to star signs and attributes

Fire: (Inspiration) Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Primarily interested in immediate action. They are enthusiastic, courageous, spontaneous, outspoken, and blunt. Fire signs need space to grow, evolve, to find their own path. They tend to be spirited kids, the kind that teachers with thirty or more children to a classroom sometimes find irritating. They can rebel against authority, particularly if the basic rules haven’t been explained to them. They usually seek independence at a young age.

Earth: (Physical) Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Rooted in the here and now. They seek stability, are security minded, practical, and reliable. They can be possessive and often have an attitude that says, "Prove it to me." These kids are quieter than fire. They usually develop a practical and stable approach to life at a young age. They also tend to be quite serious and need to be reminded that magic exists in everything!

Air: (Mental) Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Concerned with the future. They are curious, logical, rational, sometimes intellectual. They travel through the world of ideas and usually communicate what they learn in some fashion. They tend to be popular children because they’re adaptable and usually are gregarious. Air sign kids may seem insensitive to other people’s feelings. It’s not that they’re less compassionate, only that they are sometimes out of touch with their own feelings.

Water: (Emotions) Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Feelings are their domain. They are intuitive, sensitive, psychic, receptive. They connect to the personal unconscious and express themselves best through their emotions. These kids tend to absorb the emotions in their immediate environment, so it’s important that they associate with positive, upbeat people. They have an uncanny ability to size up strangers accurately and quickly. Stability of early childhood is important to a water child.

Well, its got me right :) mmm copy-n-paste is a wonderfull thing

N

-Nxs-

Opps - i should use the Edit button..

But dare I say Water ?

C

Coim-

Oh the joys of star signs. Stupidest thing I ever heard...

R

Roo Stercogburn

Hmm, yes, what would the fifth element be... ;)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Hmm, yes, what would the fifth element be... ;)

He never said anything about a 5th element

"Water, Earth, Wind and Fire. Four elements and one missing."

Four elements and one missing means 3 elements and the missing one makes up the 4th - DAOC specificaly albion has an elementalist class that can spec Wind, Fire, Earth - Water is the missing element.

/bow

I found the edit button at last :) assuming Ive interperated this correcttly, the its my turn... What comes next ??

?

R

Roo Stercogburn

If right thats pretty good. As I say, I know about zero about Alb :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Nxs-
He never said anything about a 5th element

Four elements and one missing means 3 elements and the missing one makes up the 4th - DAOC specificaly albion has an elementalist class that can spec Wind, Fire, Earth - Water is the missing element.

/bow

This is rather interesting and true in a sense, but as i said to the "void" comment on Flimgoblin, you're looking at it the wrong way.

Actually turning into a rather interesting puzzle.

Never did say anything of a 5th element, this much is true. -Nxs- is a tad to the right direction.

Come on now, ain't giving you more clues just yet. ...well...just one but that's it :D

Remember, elements don't mean necessary magic. *wink*

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
This is rather interesting and true in a sense, but as i said to the "void" comment on Flimgoblin, you're looking at it the wrong way.

Actually turning into a rather interesting puzzle.

Never did say anything of a 5th element, this much is true. -Nxs- is a tad to the right direction.

Come on now, ain't giving you more clues just yet. ...well...just one but that's it :D

Remember, elements don't mean necessary magic. *wink*

Ahh moving the goalposts now ive figured you out ... pahh :) Now come on you know my answer makes complete sense if you read your first post from start to end.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -Nxs-
Ahh moving the goalposts now ive figured you out ... pahh :) Now come on you know my answer makes complete sense if you read your first post from start to end.

It makes good sense yes but even so, it's not what i'm after here :p

I gave you credit for going in the right direction, in other words, no 5th element. Come on, i know you can crack it :D

B

BlitheringIdiot

etc :p

EDIT: To original post - I think its 'one' aswell but I guess as you've ignored that its wrong.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
EDIT: To original post - I think its 'one' aswell but I guess as you've ignored that its wrong.

Quite. It's not quite DAoC related if the answer was one :p

A good pun maybe, but not what we're looking for here. :D

B

BlitheringIdiot

Anything else requires thought though... :(

O

old.job

I searched high and low for the fifth element, and low and behold it was there all the time in Bruce Willis's kettle.

S

SilverHood

so, what did we have to do again? in not s33l speak pur-lease?

G

Graknak

If you'd refer to DAoC it could be wind thats missing. Ever seen the trees swing from side to side? ever seen flags actually move in the wind (if there was wind :D)? ever seen a horse slow down cause of riding into the wind (again if there was wind ;))? ever heard the wind?

still it's a wild guess ^^

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Graknak
If you'd refer to DAoC it could be wind thats missing. Ever seen the trees swing from side to side? ever seen flags actually move in the wind (if there was wind :D)? ever seen a horse slow down cause of riding into the wind (again if there was wind ;))? ever heard the wind?

still it's a wild guess ^^

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The guy with the fat singing man as avatar wins!!

All else is in a rather important part, especially earth and water. Fire in muspelheim(and with the upcoming patch...even more*hinthint*) but wind is something that is missing from the engine/game :D

Well done, now discuss :p

O

oldnick

you select Trolltypeperson

/em beckon

/em taunt

/em fart

that would be funny

O

old.job

So,er ..that's exactly what they're adding in TOA , trees that move in the wind, if you haven't downloaded that million tree demo , do so, it is so cool.

O

old.Xarr

there are two more elements that exist within daoc that hasn't been mentioned here.

i give you:

the element of surprise!

and last but not least the element of stupidity..

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom