on the bonus system again

T

thorwyntf

Thread closed because obviously albion lacks the maturity and intectual capacity to organise something like this.

Just want to add one thing to this... now that you´re talking about maturity and "intectual" capacity:

This bonus system is not designed to help the poor guys that went to x sidi raids and never got "a drop". The laws of statistics are able to sort that out on the long run. When you go to more raids, you will get a drop sometimes.
Instead, the bonus system is designed to help those people, who already have all they want from Sidi except this one special drop and want to make sure that they get it once it drops by going to x raids, never even try to get "a drop" and accumulate bonus points. This rule would benefit the already "uber" people.. much more than any "Apoc weapon for rr5+ only" rule ever did.

G

Galiryn

still doesnt mean that the point-farmers will win anything

ie they roll 1 and got +50, its not like its unbeatable

T

thorwyntf

sure not.. but the system is geared towards it.
and +50 to a /random 100 is a lot (compared to /random 150 for example) if you do the maths. it´s beating a normal /random 100 50% of the time. ;)

D

Dardamein

Just wondering who gonna keep track and who gonna try cheat....

much wondering

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by Dardamein
Just wondering who gonna keep track and who gonna try cheat....

much wondering
i have said i can keep track of it a few times lol :p

M

MesS°

Originally posted by thorwyntf
Just want to add one thing to this... now that you´re talking about maturity and "intectual" capacity:

This bonus system is not designed to help the poor guys that went to x sidi raids and never got "a drop". The laws of statistics are able to sort that out on the long run. When you go to more raids, you will get a drop sometimes.
Instead, the bonus system is designed to help those people, who already have all they want from Sidi except this one special drop and want to make sure that they get it once it drops by going to x raids, never even try to get "a drop" and accumulate bonus points. This rule would benefit the already "uber" people.. much more than any "Apoc weapon for rr5+ only" rule ever did.

Very good point, didnt think of that... Its not like Tilda to be elitist tho... :p

Edit: ya, ya iknow the last part was a cheap shot, i must be down with the BW virus or summit... :)

B

bob007

Believe theres a post for tilda flaming 1 up/down from this :)

The thing is, Nothing stopped those that want the uber items to not roll as well. If you havn't got a sidi part yourself, Look around at what items feel the rarest (word ? sp?), Then make an aim for that item in say 4 or 5 runs. You'd have the same edge as the next guy that did the same thing, But a bigger edge over the casual sidi raid goer.

F

Fagane

This system can only work if more then 1 Raid Leader does this kind of lotto. And in case not even the next saturday Sidi Raid is planned, why keep hope? And in case some people need to flame all the time like Glottis and Swords, there is no chance there ever will be rules set for Sidi Raids.

So in this Tilda is right, there are to manny immature brats around, with the only goal in life to destroy the fun for loads of people.

Fagane

T

thorwyntf

bob, I started this thread before Ialkarns started his and I didn´t start it to flame Tilda. I just wanted to point out that the idea behind this system is quite blurred and disguised as "fair and good for everybody", which just isn´t the case.
What you say is correct of course, but the effect is, that open raids would be split up into two classes of drops/people, the uber items that serveral people are trying to get by saving bonus points and the crap items that the casual sidi raid people are allowed to fight over. Or, to put it differently, we´re artificially trying to finetune the statistics, so that certain drops won´t land in the vault of the wrong person by accident.
Of course, everybody can do the same thing. But it´s a lot easier for someone who doesn´t need anything else but that one drop.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by Fagane
This system can only work if more then 1 Raid Leader does this kind of lotto. And in case not even the next saturday Sidi Raid is planned, why keep hope? And in case some people need to flame all the time like Glottis and Swords, there is no chance there ever will be rules set for Sidi Raids.

So in this Tilda is right, there are to manny immature brats around, with the only goal in life to destroy the fun for loads of people.

Fagane

There was a fine sidi raid system in place, lead by a good raid leader.
But you made it your personal mission to ruin that.
Excuse me for thinking that made you look like a prick.
Now stop using me as an excuse to cover up your numerous inadequacies.
Regards, Glottis

Y

Yussef

Modifier systems are not hard to implement, perhaps 30 minutes of admin a raid is needed. My guild on Prydwen runs this, we have a shop system for surplus loot too.

If anyone wants to run something like this and has questions, PM me if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom