on making movies

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
I've recently tried to tape some DaoC scenes on VCR, but i've been having some problems getting it to work.

first of all i plugged the video out from my video card (ati radeon 9800 128 mb - latest drivers) into the A/V video input of my vcr - basically plug the yellow thingy to the yellow thingy with a cable with yellow connectors, can't go wrong there i think.

i've set the VCR to channel AUX and started recording. no luck though as i only recorded a black screen.
I suspect something to be wrong on the computer side, as in im not sending any video through the funky yellow cable.

any ideas on how to activate the tv out on this card, with latest drivers?

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
VCR = lost cause, it's crap quality.

anyway, go to display settings -> advanced settings -> monitors or so and play around or use google for a tutorial

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
what would you suggest as an alternative for vcr?

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
1) S-Video Out -> S-Video in to a nother comp

2) DV-Cam

3) Fraps

TiwiS

Fledgling Freddie
suggestions on size/fps?
aka good enough to make a daoc movie?

Ariacs

Fledgling Freddie
or gamecam

I would say play around with fps/size, run at the highest you can, that doesnt lag you to much

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
is there any way to record with tv-out to another comp while running 1280x1024? :p

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Ariacs said:
or gamecam

I would say play around with fps/size, run at the highest you can, that doesnt lag you to much

Newest version of gamecam has problems with daoc though... At least for me and ppl on the forum :eek:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Xeanor said:
is there any way to record with tv-out to another comp while running 1280x1024? :p

s-vid out and s-vid in on another comp and capture with virtualdub or smt

Novamir

One of Freddy's beloved
as iwas lookin for info on daoc movies: latest game cam works great for me with daoc. would be happy to discuss any problems u guys have.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
TiwiS said:
suggestions on size/fps?
aka good enough to make a daoc movie?

i use 25fps usually
eventually 29 depending on the state of my pc :)

i would say use fraps or gamecam, myself i use fraps, easy to use, good qual and not to laggy on a good pc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom