On a racist post the mod's reply was a "behave'?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
I mean what the fuck. I'm talking about this. As a Greek myself I find it terribly offensive and definitelly not something that warrants a "behave"; nothing less than a perma ban actually.

Thank you.

edit: Might I remind you that in the CoC you state "Racism and extreme political views are a no-no. We know Bush is a c**t anyway."

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
PM another mod mate. I had a post deleted for implying the French were lazy (which if anyone has had the misfortune to work with them will find they are, not racism, just fact, they do everything in their own time)

But criticising GOA is not to be tolerated at all apparently but real racism is allowed according to some mods :p

disclaimer, most mods do a top job, one or two bring personal opinions into modding

edit: hi gear :) how goes the band?

Tilda

Gear, Himse was warned severely for that post and from what I can see now, its been edited to remove the racist comment. Rest assured that a 'behave' was not the only action that resulted.

Raven, I cant check that without a link or a bit more info. You need to differentiate between criticising goa, and criticising the french.
I view it was 3 scales.
1) Outright racism, as occured in Gears thread, which earned a severe warning and the post was edited.
2) Criticism/general ribbing of another country, such as french frogs etc, I personally wouldn't warn these as I think most of them are meant in jest and if people cant take a joke then I wonder why they use the internet. Those at the top end of this scale might be edited and have a warning pm'ed
3) Criticism of a company such as goa, is fine, however you need to see the difference between saying "goa suck because of a, b and c" and saying "goa can suck my balls the fucking french frogs".
One is constructed, the other is just petulantly silly.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
edit: hi gear :) how goes the band?

Hey raven. Sold out concert yesterday, was nice to play in a full house for a change :p We'd finish recordings this week but our sound engineer goes to amsterdam for 15 days :touch: hence will take a bit longer. Then it's a couple of summer festivals that take place in greece mixed together with holidays :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom