Omg !!

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Yep , its that amazing

Ive actually found lowbie people to lvl with in the last 4 days, one of them is even New to Daoc, one of them was on the LFG bar !!

All hope is not lost :D

Its just a pity the xp was as slow as i remember lol , but it does still happen, made me change my mind about the /lvl command pol ltbh, get rid of it, while it wasnt super fast (We spent over an hour arguing about conspiracy theorys and a range of other shit) it was actually fun. More people shuld get back into it.

Cheers Darth and Vieto :fluffle:

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
respec to caster spec knighthood, and your xp will go fast, even solo :p

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
go TD, xp is not slow there, been on avalon/hib the last few days (had a 28 bard there) and from sunday to tuesday it was 35 :) (ofc without PL)

i xped with 3 mates tho, but on the way i saw many (maybe up to 20) that did the same thing as us, wich was Task Dungeon

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
One of fastest ways I've found sub 20 is mini tasks and kill tasks in the aqueducts (you never get sent far on the kill tasks).

Darzil

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
I did tasks til l20 aye, well, i did on my first tic, i did em to 14 on knight then got pl in ac till 24, but Task Dungeons bore the shit out of me, so mononotonous, id much rather be talking to peeps and making mistakes/saves while i lvl. Even with pl sessions i help healing the necro/cabby pet and rebuffing rezzing etc.

I doubt ill ever set foot in another task dungeon tbh.

Fahdlan

Fledgling Freddie
wow, new players 0_o saw a paladin in studded armor here in camelot recently :D just like the good old days! when we used cloth mixed with chain and stuff:p brings back good old memories!

Graeme

Fledgling Freddie
omfg is there hope yet for use all

new players looks like we have hope for this game :worthy:

arimyr

Fledgling Freddie
myself gonna roll a new char and dont use the /lvl command and lvl like i used with a friend or 2 in mithra and salis hmmmmmm the memories .....liked the game more without the /lvl command :)

echome

Fledgling Freddie
I'll start on new toon when I get a break away from Uni - and level the good old way from level 1 again. Without using TD's... Can't wait to take a closer look at SP again... Respect to the people doing this again.
Good with some of the old spirit back in the game again.:fluffle:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
That pally u saw was prolly Vieto , he used to play US pvp server for a bit, but hes moved here (the poor sod lol) , ive been helping him out , i like helping out explaining for the 100000th time what guard does lol , i dont think my new chars been around enuf yet to have /advisor tho

but aye grping the old way is fun :)

:drink:

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Yes - I met new players too, some returning to DAoC after a break and some complete newbies where you have to tell what the QBars are for, what STICK and FOLLOW and FACE means and why mobs jump the poor ones ("But but I didn't attacked them? Why do they kill me???)

So good.

I had so many groups in the last two weeks where I had the highest char... it was amazing. Sure - it did not so much for my XP but on the other hand I got some nice groups in my range, leveled with a friend, within guild etc. so all in all had a great time.

/wave at all newbies --> welcome to the game... forget about that silly level difference... I never cared so much about it... try to group, find friends, have fun!!!

@All the long time players... why not visit the newbie areas from time to time? Provide some buffs, show the new players around (I call this sightseeing and they usually LOVE it)... that isn't PL at all... share some of the items you've outgrown and that dust in your vault... a +4str/+5con cloak and a +2sword/+3dex bracer is crap for you? Not for the lowbie char!! It doesn't really hurt you to spend like an hour now and then with your realm mates and lend a hand. Example - if in DF... "taxi" the lower level chars to a safe area where they can get good exp and have an eye on them to see if they can do on their own, maybe provide an emergency rezz, give tips for tactics (guard, protect, huh???) etc. Have some spare emeralds? You won't need them in your level... but these can buy a nice item for a lowbie. Share it!

All this rises the spirit and helps making DAoC a good game for everyone!

P.S: Only players I ignore hard are beggars that ONLY ask for cash, don't want to have items that would really help them and pester me for PL without really trying to contribute to the grp (i.e. as soon as they are in they /stick and go AFK 90% of the time).

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i met a new guy the other day, full of enthusiasm, said he was looking forward to leveling up and trying out the pvp. Didnt have the heart to tell him about the loooooong road ahead of him :(

Martok

Part of the furniture
its good to hear new people starting this game again tbh! i only ever level my toons from level 1 for the simple reason its more fun /level for a thid alt is ok just for 5 min worth of fun but any real char im gonna play i do from level 1 the old way unless no gorups or anyone my level then i might cheat a little but but only a little!!!

Whos up for a level 1 - 50 group old skool style?

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
Whos up for a level 1 - 50 group old skool style?

I'm almost considering suggesting a 1-50 group that xp's exclusively in the battlegrounds, taking the keeps when they aren't albion owned, and fighting if other realms turned up. If some people do it, you never know, it might end up revitalising other battlegrounds.

It was a shame to wander around the lions den and find no-one there.

Darzil

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
I'm almost considering suggesting a 1-50 group that xp's exclusively in the battlegrounds, taking the keeps when they aren't albion owned, and fighting if other realms turned up. If some people do it, you never know, it might end up revitalising other battlegrounds.

Darzil

*smile* had almost the same idea - I hate the deserted BG's.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:

Darzil

And the grt thing about this is , if it makes mids and hibs do the same, we can all end up with lvl 10-15 characters with the Frontier Challenger Title in thier name lol. Or was it Stronghold Thingy.

Taking the first few keeps is pretty uber easy tbh as they dont have doors so u dont need a ram, and the ballistas 2 shot any guards <and 1 shot most players lol>

If anyone wants to do this, PM me ingame , i only have Knighthood atm so not hard to find. Thats if the game servers ever come back up lol

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Btw see

--> Excal/Pyd --> Bg Sections for a little idea

buffswithlove

Loyal Freddie
some new blood in hib side allso .. found 3 or 4 totally new in game. played wow b4. so better this way ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom